Direct Pointe

Direct Pointe Reviews

3.2

James Martinos

Call Center With Great Pay, No Sales, Generous Flexibility

Former Employee - Orientation Specialist (Direct Pointe Home-Comcast Division) in Lindon, UT

I worked at Direct Pointe

Pros

If you worked hard and performed well, your employer will respect you and you will have more freedom in the workplace. The environment and co-workers are a lot of fun. It's the most rewarding call center I have ever worked for.

Cons

It is a call center, so the work you do can get "old."

When you have an employee the is a great asset, find something new/better for them to do before they get burnt out.

Great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - Workstation Build Engineer in Lindon, UT
    Former Employee - Workstation Build Engineer in Lindon, UT

I worked at Direct Pointe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a lot while working there and got the opportunity to build some great relationships with some of my former coworkers. The perks of being an travelling engineer was decent.

Cons

Worked long hours and travelled often. Sometimes too often. Didn't get to see my family as much as I would have liked to. The pay wasn't anything substantial and then they cut me to a salary plus comission option which turned out to be a nightmare to predict how much money you would have coming in every month.

You never should have sold out to try and make a quick buck. Lost all the really great people who helped found the company. Michael Proper was an amazing man with an amazing vision and they gave him the shaft.

not the best place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

I worked at Direct Pointe

Pros

Great people, smart and highly skilled technicians. Ability to learn new skills and gain broad range of experience. Good business idea

Cons

the company has trouble making a profit. Customer service and retention is low. employees are frequently laid off. they cant afford raises or any other employee perks

focus more on customer satisfaction. the majority of employees have a hard time staying positive with so many unhappy customers

Pick up heartburn meds before entering

I worked at Direct Pointe

Pros

If you do not know a skill you will learn that skill and many more.

Cons

No one communicates via phone everything is done on chat or email so misinterpreting everything is #1. When your are hired in that is the salary you will always be at, they talk about raises however nothing ever is given. Other techs are out to stab people in the back without proof of anything, hearsay is their only motive.

Have more 1 on 1 reviews more frequent to keep everyone on same page and feeling good vs annually.