DirectNET Reviews

Reset
1.0
Alan Mamane
1 Rating

Worst company I have ever worked for.

I worked at DirectNET

Pros

There are absolutely no pros I can think of for this company.

Cons

Every single day got worse at DirectNET. The CEO has no clue what he is doing, constantly changing the direction of the company. The employees are absolutely miserable and it shows. All of the reviews on here from years ago are still very accurate today.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction you want to stick with long-term, the CEO needs to completely retire and not "half retire", clear out the current staff as they are all miserable and do a horrible job, establish an actual management team.

2. Just when I think the next day can't get any worse, it does.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at DirectNET

Pros

We are at a new office in a nice building and most of the furnishings are pretty good. The biggest selling point is the ability to work from home and the schedule flexibility.

Cons

Where to begin? There is a complete lack of leadership from Senior Management. There is only one senior manager and it appears that he insists on being part of every decision. Any changes that need to be made either don't get made or are made completely after the time when they are relevant. Everything here is reactionary and never proactive. Sales have been steadily declining for years and the resolution to that is to create a new company focus/direction on an annual basis. None of these direction changes have any strategy behind them and are based on whimsical decisions from Senior Management.

Communication to employees is atrocious. Our COO left the company two weeks ago and there still hasn't been a single word of communcation to us that she is gone, why she is gone, or what is going to be done with the open position. We all had to gather on our own that she left by noticing her desk is now empty and she hasnt been here at all. Also lacking in communication is common courtesy. I am struggling to remember the last time I heard a simple "thank you" or "job well done" from Senior Management. 99% of what he says is negative and doesn't inspire anyone at all. It's hard to want to contribute to a company that doesn't care about its employees.

The list of cons is a mile long so I just touch up a few of the major ones. There are never any pay raises (although company wide pay cuts have happened) or bonuses awarded no matter how hard you are working and how well you are doing your job. Every once in a while a bonus plan is put in place but it quickly gets dissolved as it comes close to actually have to pay out. Also, no matter how well you do at your position you are essentially stuck there. It is almost impossible to grow with in the company. The irony is that many of the employees that should be fired get moved to different positions and continue to be a drain on the company and its resources. It is virtually impossible to get fired from here. The last quick note is that Senior Management states that there is an open door policy yet Senior Management is rarely in the office and when Senior Management is around office doors are almost always shut.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and they will care about the company. Stop making unethical decisions. Follow those two simple practices and things will improve immediately.

There Are Better Places to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I worked at DirectNET

Pros

The employees are nice and there is a good team environment. Good information sharing and back-up when needed. Relaxed atmosphere (although that slowly changed) & nice views of the Frontrange.

Cons

Management, with the exception of a few people, is completely incompetent. No room for growth. Success is rarely recognized or rewarded. Salaries are below average for similar positions in the industry. No clear long term company vision.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people. Don't make the rules as you go, keep your promises and commitments. Treat all employees the same.

Dead End Job

I have been working at DirectNET

Pros

With the exception of senior management, the people at DirectNET, Inc are a pleasure to work with. They are very friendly and support a community atmosphere. There are also new appliances in the kitchen.

Cons

The unfortunate lack of competent senior managers has made the environment stagnant. There are absolutely no growth opportunites and even further, personal growth opportunites are not supported by company involvement, peripheral support (time off for classes etc) or even kind words. The senior managers do not even attempt to contribute to an environment that rewards people; either monitarially or otherwise, and very often there is not even so much as a simple "thank you". The lack of opportunites would be easier to tollerate if there was any sort of rewarding environment or even a strategic company direction. The senior managers are very often not accessable (both physically and figuratively) and appear to be completely disinterested in the current state of the company culture; this in turn has lead to a culture where less than average performance is not only the accepted norm, but the expectation.

Advice to Management

The overall environment is one of dissatisfaction and disengaged employees. Fully develop a business plan and stick to it, and take the time to at least pretend you care about your employees. Follow through when you say you will and don't promise what you know you cannot provide. Its difficult to expect people to deliver their best work when they are constantly aware that there will be absolutely no reward for doing so.

RSS Feed </> Embed