Disability Group, Inc.

2.7

Ronald Miller

Interesting, at best

I worked at Disability Group, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people there were, for the most part, fun to work with. There were a lot of kids fresh out of college looking for legal experience so the door was always revolving. That's not necessarily good, I suppose, but it kept it interesting.

Cons

Upper management was a mess. There was a lot of friction between the teams which made it "us against them" instead of "work together for everyone's benefit". Kids were promoted to management positions who really had no idea what they were doing. This led to a lot of "playing favorites" and said managers stacking their teams with friends so as to deflect the fact that they were in too deep. Getting promoted (even after four years) was difficult because upper management kept getting switched out.

It started off really positive... it ended very negative.

I worked at Disability Group, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

My supervisor and mentor was wonderful. After he left, the company went downhill. the people who worked there were wonderful overall. Most of the management was great as well.

Cons

The owner - preached dignity and respect, but never treated his employees with either. There was so much turnover, it made it hard to keep up. The pay was also dismal.

Most of the management was really great. Some others were promoted and didn't have the experience. Overall, the only advice is to the owner - stop being so selfish.

Disability Group Inc.

I worked at Disability Group, Inc.

Pros

- Wonderful cowowrkers.
    - Great connections.
    - Hourly pay with monthly bonuses.

Cons

- Excessive work load.
    - Poor upper management.

Consider discussing: work-life balance, morale within the team...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not waste your time

Former Employee - Case Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Disability Group, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

free food sometimes
    paid parking
    some (very limited) good people to work with

Cons

Where do I start? I started working here optimistic of what was to come. After one month, I learned very quickly that those that are promoted are quickly fired, never even getting the chance to properly learn their new job. This company sets unrealistic goals for its employees in order for them to make money hand over fist, while simultaneously neglecting the people they set out to "help" and paying really low wages to over-worked, under-trained employees. I read all the reviews of this company and highly agree with the negative ones. Furthermore, I've worked with several placement agencies around Los Angeles who, upon noticing DGI on my resume, all immediately remarked on how sorry they were for me and that they repeatedly hear of the "difficult office environment." It's sad to me what a bad reputation Disability Group has in the corporate world, but the CEO of this company could not care less as long as he keeps making money by exploiting disabled people. This company is a high school ran by terrible management who doesn't know what they're doing, but have their jobs because they are good at deflecting blame. While I worked there I even saw upper management fired for no good reason. On that note, this company is so dysfunctional and unprofessional that they then go around telling everyone why someone was fired, even though obviously this is no one's business and reeks of unprofessionalism. I believe they do it as a scare tactic. When hired, I was told this was a rewards based company. That's how they get people in the door, when in fact, they are a fear based company. Proceed at your own risk.

Take some responsibility. Wouldn't you like to work at a place where you're proud of what you're a leader of?

Great learning experience

I worked at Disability Group, Inc. full-time

Pros

great people
    room for growth
    flexible hours

Cons

employee gossip
    a lot of negative attitudes

This Company is a joke

Former Employee - Case Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Disability Group, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

I lfet and got a better job with out this on my resume...LOSERS

Cons

Where should I start... I'm sure only a good review of this company came from one of the lame Supervisors. This company is completely unrealistic with the goals they set for the employees and clients. I lfet DGI 2 years a go after only work there 3 weeks and I feel sorry for the people who haven't got out. BTW im sure there has to be some type of law against giving the new employees a PDF of the Ronald Miller's signature so we can "practice" it for signing docs.

Management is terrible/horrible/atrocious. I decided to leave this job even before I had another because it was THAT BAD. DGI stop hiring new employees because you're a joke and always will be, and to prospective clients...just choose Bender&Bender.

Create realistic goals and focus on the clients you do have.

Terribly run, low paying sinking ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

They manage to hire really amazing people, who, despite being at a terribly run company, manage to be the bright spot of my day.

Cons

It's the people at the very top, who have no clue how the system works. Therefore they make decisions that hurt the client and make the employees' jobs harder

Fire all of the management. Get people who actually know what they're doing.

Horrible

Former Employee - Case Analyst  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Disability Group, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn tons about SSI and SSDI benefits. You see the way the government works a bit with disability benefits, and you learn how to handle sales.

Cons

When I was hired, no one told me that my job was based on sales. I was told that I would helping people. Expectations were not set right at the start. I was told that I would be helping people. The time I was there, they held multiple sessions on how to handle difficult callers, with different disabilites and situations. However, I was let go because I didn't make the sales goals for two weeks. My first two weeks I did, and I fell short the last two weeks. I didn't get a conversation saying that I needed to perform better. They called me into the office and told me I was terminated because I didn't make the sales goals. When they walked me out they started smoking cigarettes and told me to hurry up, because it was cold.

Grow up

Great Upper Management

Current Employee - Case Analyst  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Managers and Team leads in this Dept are great. They are sensitive to your needs and flexible with your schedule. Its nice to work with a team of managers that really believe in helping you.

Cons

A lot of complainers, and people that try to pull off shady work. These are the people that create the most problems. If they spent as much energy doing their job they might not have to cheat and lie so much.

Keep up the good work, we know youre in a tough spot sometimes.

Fly straight and keep to yourself!

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Full time hours, safe part of town, energetic/creative co-workers.

Cons

High lay off/termination rate, immature co-workers, office gossip and sneaky stuff going on with upper management where they play favorites. For example giving out appointments to CM they like and screwing over other CM's that are trying to advance, overall unprofessional Associate Directors: Some of the newer ones are irresponsible and lazy. Some of them are seriously out to terminate CM's they want out of the way and will stop your advancement.

Pay attention to the employees that are professional and make a hard effort to do the best they can everyday for this firm. Honestly, the firm needs all the good CM's it can get and DGI needs them badly right now: by this I mean CMs who don't waste time on silly tasks but instead are looking for critical red flags and being responsible with the information at hand. More time should be about getting Medical Records and getting medical updates. Period.

Worked for Disability Group, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!