Disability Group

2.6

Ronald Miller

Great learning experience

I worked at Disability Group full-time

Pros

great people
    room for growth
    flexible hours

Cons

employee gossip
    a lot of negative attitudes

The bad outweighed the good

I worked at Disability Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Here's what I will always treasure about DGI:

- I met some very good friends there
    - My hours were great (7-4)

Cons

There are a lot of problems with DGI, though most of them are inconsequential at this point as it is down to a handful of employees and circling the drain. A list of problems:

- They didn't hire qualified workers. They hired bodies who could use a phone. I've read every review of this place and can tell you that the worst reviews are from the terribly under qualified workers. Keep in mind that using a phone was roughly 70% of their job. if you aren't them, it's not hard math to do.
    - Upper management was, to be fair, a terrible mess. The owner only saw dollar signs and anyone of quality in those positions (few, to be sure) left quickly.
    - The eyes of this place were bigger than its' stomach. Quick to expand, which sealed their fate.
    - Managers were often 22 year olds with no experience and even less common sense. They were promoted because they were able to game the system. They made the impossible numbers and hid behind the poor performance of their subordinates when things turned south. Not that it wasn't the case, but the captain should go down with the ship.
    - The pay was horseshit. I knew entry level employees who made more than I did, and my job involved skilled labor as well as unpaid overtime.

Doesn't matter. This place will finally (and mercifully) be closed in a few months,

I absolutely hated this place!!!

Former Employee - Pre-Hearing Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Pre-Hearing Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Disability Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I met some really great coworkers. Mostly new graduates.

Cons

SO MANY THINGS!!! The pay was awful! I hated doing the same mundane work every single day. The management was a joke! Management never took into consideration how the new changes affected the workers. I inherited a caseload that was poorly managed, and would receive "new" cases from my team members (I think my supervisor knew I would fix them) that were not being worked on, and was chewed out for not working on them fast enough! Best day of my life was when I got laid off from that place!!!! Advice to anyone looking to that place for employment..... DONT!

Just close!

Could have been great

I worked at Disability Group

Pros

Most of the employees were new grads so it was a nice work environment And the work was rewarding because you got to help people going through a difficult time in their lives.

Cons

The pay was pretty low given the amount of pressure placed on employees to hit certain numbers every month. Upper management's priority was growing the company without considering whether or not it was practical.

It started off really positive... it ended very negative.

I worked at Disability Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My supervisor and mentor was wonderful. After he left, the company went downhill. the people who worked there were wonderful overall. Most of the management was great as well.

Cons

The owner - preached dignity and respect, but never treated his employees with either. There was so much turnover, it made it hard to keep up. The pay was also dismal.

Most of the management was really great. Some others were promoted and didn't have the experience. Overall, the only advice is to the owner - stop being so selfish.

Disability Group Inc.

I worked at Disability Group

Pros

- Wonderful cowowrkers.
    - Great connections.
    - Hourly pay with monthly bonuses.

Cons

- Excessive work load.
    - Poor upper management.

Consider discussing: work-life balance, morale within the team...

Do not waste your time

I worked at Disability Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

free food sometimes
    paid parking
    some (very limited) good people to work with

Cons

Where do I start? I started working here optimistic of what was to come. After one month, I learned very quickly that those that are promoted are quickly fired, never even getting the chance to properly learn their new job. This company sets unrealistic goals for its employees in order for them to make money hand over fist, while simultaneously neglecting the people they set out to "help" and paying really low wages to over-worked, under-trained employees. I read all the reviews of this company and highly agree with the negative ones. Furthermore, I've worked with several placement agencies around Los Angeles who, upon noticing DGI on my resume, all immediately remarked on how sorry they were for me and that they repeatedly hear of the "difficult office environment." It's sad to me what a bad reputation Disability Group has in the corporate world, but the CEO of this company could not care less as long as he keeps making money by exploiting disabled people. This company is a high school ran by terrible management who doesn't know what they're doing, but have their jobs because they are good at deflecting blame. While I worked there I even saw upper management fired for no good reason. On that note, this company is so dysfunctional and unprofessional that they then go around telling everyone why someone was fired, even though obviously this is no one's business and reeks of unprofessionalism. I believe they do it as a scare tactic. When hired, I was told this was a rewards based company. That's how they get people in the door, when in fact, they are a fear based company. Proceed at your own risk.

Take some responsibility. Wouldn't you like to work at a place where you're proud of what you're a leader of?

This Company is a joke

I worked at Disability Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I lfet and got a better job with out this on my resume...LOSERS

Cons

Where should I start... I'm sure only a good review of this company came from one of the lame Supervisors. This company is completely unrealistic with the goals they set for the employees and clients. I lfet DGI 2 years a go after only work there 3 weeks and I feel sorry for the people who haven't got out. BTW im sure there has to be some type of law against giving the new employees a PDF of the Ronald Miller's signature so we can "practice" it for signing docs.

Management is terrible/horrible/atrocious. I decided to leave this job even before I had another because it was THAT BAD. DGI stop hiring new employees because you're a joke and always will be, and to prospective clients...just choose Bender&Bender.

Create realistic goals and focus on the clients you do have.

Terribly run, low paying sinking ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They manage to hire really amazing people, who, despite being at a terribly run company, manage to be the bright spot of my day.

Cons

It's the people at the very top, who have no clue how the system works. Therefore they make decisions that hurt the client and make the employees' jobs harder

Fire all of the management. Get people who actually know what they're doing.

Horrible

Former Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Disability Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learn tons about SSI and SSDI benefits. You see the way the government works a bit with disability benefits, and you learn how to handle sales.

Cons

When I was hired, no one told me that my job was based on sales. I was told that I would helping people. Expectations were not set right at the start. I was told that I would be helping people. The time I was there, they held multiple sessions on how to handle difficult callers, with different disabilites and situations. However, I was let go because I didn't make the sales goals for two weeks. My first two weeks I did, and I fell short the last two weeks. I didn't get a conversation saying that I needed to perform better. They called me into the office and told me I was terminated because I didn't make the sales goals. When they walked me out they started smoking cigarettes and told me to hurry up, because it was cold.

Grow up