DiscoveRx

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pyare Khanna PHD

High-quality science at a small biotech company.

Scientist I (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe top management is great and there are many opportunities to learn and get involved. Excellent work-life balance.

ConsThere is turn-over in the entry level positions, but that is to be expected.

BioSeek, a subsidiary. Good balance of challenges, life quality and pay.

ProsGreat employees, close knit, friendly, supportive environment at BioSeek. People passionate about their jobs. People stay many years and make a career of working in the biotech industry and BioSeek attracts dedicated people.

ConsThere are very limited resources for employee training and peer recognition. There are no bonuses and the salary raise does not cover inflation. Vacation time is limited also and the benefits are very expensive for a poor health plan.

Feels like a ship with no clear direction

Research Associate III (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsFlexible hours, work is straight forward. Casual environment. Not overly stressful.

ConsPoor compensation. Lack of growth options. CEO cares more about money than his employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good management that can guide the employees. Also think about rewarding the work people put in with better raises and bonuses.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Place to Work

ProsLots of things to learn.
    Many brilliant co-workers.
    Interaction with diverse people, from the people in Fremont, to the new BioSeek group, the people down in San Diego and colleagues in Japan and across Europe.

ConsAlmost no upward movement for nearly all.
    Stagnant career and professional growth.
    Feeling burned out, and seeing many of your colleagues the same way.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll the employees to grow along with the company.

lots of work, nice people, but low pay

Prospeople are really nice. Relaxed work atmosphere. We get food on holidays. The products we sell are quite decent.

Consno advancement, at all. You'll get paid more anywhere else.

Advice to Senior Managementsome recognition would be appreciated.

It is a good place to get experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsThere are some wonderful, dynamic, and passionate people working at this company. It was fun to talk to them l, and to bounce ideas off of them. I got along with most people, and most were willing to help when requested. My colleagues were a pleasure to work with.

ConsSometimes, management in the department I worked in could be somewhat unorganized. There weren't many opportunities at my time of employment to move up in the company. I felt stuck in my position.

Worked for DiscoveRx? Contribute to the Community!