Discover Reviews

Reset

1. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Riverwoods, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Riverwoods, IL

Pros

Benefits - paid time off , wifi etc are good. Good work life balance make many people stay in company for long.

Cons

Compensation and is not at par with industry. Need to step up to make it competitive.

Advice to Management

More comp

2. Great benefits

Pros

Great benefits given the size of the company.

Cons

Little to no training. Invest more.

Advice to Management

There's a difference between leadership and management.

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Discover has great benefits and a good starting pay for no experience. They have a gym and nurse on site. Bonuses and commission is also available. They have a full service kitchen. Most staff is friendly. Lots of career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Since I worked in collections, somedays were tough. Sometimes you get angry people on the phone and sometimes you just don't have any luck collecting. When daylight savings time occurs, everyones shifts begin an hour earlier. This could mean very early shifts.

5. Great company...

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Discover part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

disover is a great place to work for... for a young person with no clue what the hell they want to do in life... They will train you well... you will learn the ins and outs of the company and if you go through as an account manager in ROCC then you will be a balance transfer specialist by 6 months and maybe even less...

Cons

Part time really wasn't beneficial to me in particular... I had some expensive hair i had financed and I really was worried about getting that paid off.

Advice to Management

Don't mingle with the lower class employees! keep it very professional guys... Wouldn't want a scandal to arise...

6. great work environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Discover part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, 20 days pto day on and benefits day one

Cons

not the highest base pay,

Advice to Management

raise the base pay

Good company, but don't be afraid to leave

Former Employee - Team Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Discover full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company, lots of great people, great benefits, incentives, etc, great place to get experience trying out a bunch of different roles and job types.

Cons

Pay can be on the low side, culture of "taking your lumps" and putting in your time to get promoted, many managers have been there years and years and aren't going anywhere soon, certain business units have "what have you done for me lately" culture, at VP level some are arrogant and nasty with no fear of consequence, can get very political, culture has people "drinking the kool aid" of being afraid to quit especially at the coach/team leader level.

Advice to Management

Stop stifling younger talent for those who have been around for a long time. There are many stagnant managers who need to be removed and replaced with people who can move the business forward. Experience is important, but it means much less than you think it does.

8. Great benefits

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Discover (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere. The benefits are great! They have an awesome building to work in with a pond in the back, a nurse onsite, a cafeteria, a dining hall, and many fun games and contests. A great place to be employed.

Cons

The work can be monotonous. Some of the costumers can be rude. The pay is much to be desired but the benefits do make up for the lower pay. You can also work your way up quickly there to advance the pay also. They can be overly quick to do written warnings for things out of employees control. But they are ready to not repeat so they can be easily be redeemed and gotten off of.

9. Discover is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Discover full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great leadership, great company!

Cons

If you want to be promoted, it will be based on your merits, as well as on your ability to interview well. This is why the supervisors, coaches, and team leaders are so great. I'm not great at interviewing, so I'm listing this "advice on promoting" as a con. I would really like to be promoted.

My experience was okay.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Discover part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Discover is amazing! I loved everyone I worked with. There was often free food and company celebrations were awesome. I met a couple of the VP's, which was amazing! I like seeing upper management working with entry-level employees, and I think that speaks volumes about the company's values.

Cons

Well, first off, my manager basically showed me the door when I expressed that I was struggling. But this is a corporate job, so I get it. I just would have thought my experience and performance would have been reason enough to tell me to stick it out, and tell me I am valuable to the company. I also did not enjoy sitting, staring at a computer screen for hours without any windows near my cubicle. Call centers are not for everyone, I get it.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees! If I had been pushed to stay, I probably would have! Training is awesome, and my coworkers were always there to help. Realize the value of all employees.

11. Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Discover full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay Benefits Consistent Hours + Overtime Available

Cons

Monotonous Unfairly/Inaccurately Evaluated Hard to Grow Back to Back Calls/Rude Customers Poor Management

Advice to Management

Actively & attentively listening to your employees concerns!

RSS Feed </> Embed