DiscoverOrg Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
Henry Schuck

Fast-paced, rewarding work in a quickly growing company

Current Employee - Research in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very successful, growing quickly, and constantly hiring and promoting from within. While no longer a start-up, the company makes efforts to bring employees from every department together often through hosted lunches, bowling nights and events celebrating sales and research successes – most recently the entire company celebrated reaching 93% direct dials on the Portland Spirit dinner cruise. Co-workers are close and get along well, with many getting together for drinks outside of work. The owners are very friendly, active in the company, and invested in their employees. One of the co-owners even has employees over for football on Sundays. Solid, affordable health insurance through Kaiser Permanente, dental through Willamette Dental, and Aflac is also offered. Extra hours available to research staff, casual dress for research and IT, PTO available, gift cards for projects completed well, lots of room for advancement as all lead research and management positions are promoted from within.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times. Expectations are high and do shift as needs arise. The company has outgrown three buildings since I came on board, and as departments have grown, many employees have been shuffled and reshuffled into smaller work spaces, which can be frustrating. It would be nice if the company purchased a larger building so every department could once again be housed under one roof. Given funding, I am sure this is the plan.

Advice to Management

Better communication with one another and delivery of a unified message to each department. A consistent performance review schedule so employees know where they stand and what their expectations are.

High Growth Potential

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For any company looking to nail down employee loyalty, they need to look at what DiscoverOrg has done. Managers are friendly and passionate about their jobs and treat everyone with the utmost respect. Never in my life have I felt like my employers actually cared about me until I got this job. Raises, promotions, and bonuses are performance based which keeps the team striving to do their best.

Cons

My work station changes quite a bit due to the growth of the company which is a bit of a pain but honestly, I could do the research in the hallway as long as I have a phone in hand.

Advice to Management

Keep up the personal touch!

Very positive work environment

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

Management cares about the employees. Senior management listens to all the staff. It does not feel much like corporate America.

Cons

The benefit package is not very good, but this is a small company. Company should consider a 401 k program.

Advice to Management

Keep the company growing!

No Dead Ends at DiscoverOrg

Current Employee - Senior Client Success Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Client Success Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment is top notch. I have worked at companies where everyone is watching out for their own self-interests. DiscoverOrg could not be more different. Everyone is supportive as opposed to combative and the success of the team is more important than the success of an individual. Management is friendly and always has an open door. Ideas are welcomed and change (outside of the data collection method) is not feared. They take a hands on approach, providing a personal involvement with employees instead of standing on high dictating orders. In addition, management rewards hard work and promotes from within as much as possible. A refreshing change from the "you've been here longest" mentality. One of the biggest Pros is that you can believe in the service DiscoverOrg provides. When you can rely on facts as opposed to embellishments, you are in a good spot.

Cons

The only challenges are those that come with a rapidly expanding company. All good problems to have.

Advice to Management

Really need a 401K. I plan on staying with this company as long as they will have me and would like some financial security in that decision.

Fun and exciting place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Vancouver, WA

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a growing company with great people to work with. When I first came on board with about 8 AE's and CSM's in the fall, there were three (maybe four?) offices scattered in a business park because the company was growing so fast. Some of us were just moved into a huge building (with great views of Mt. Hood and the Columbia River, btw) and once the two-floors are built out we'll be taking up are completely built out -- the entire company (160+ employees) will finally under the same roof in Downtown Vancouver. I can only speak for the Sales team, but it's a fun group of people with a lot of energy. The Senior AE's are very good and very experienced, they're also great about helping out the new AE's and being around them will make you better. The Directors/VPs of Sales are really hands-on with training and always willing to drop what they're doing to help. If you have an idea or suggestion on how you could improve something -- they listen. Need a better headset? They'll order a new pair for you that day. It's refreshing and completely different from the companies I've worked for in the past with crappy management that doesn't listen and acts like they're royalty. Henry, the CEO, is a passionate dude that is approachable and fun to be around. Him and Kirk (the COO, I believe) built the company from the ground up. Like the Directors and VPs, anyone can walk into Henry's office to talk and make suggestions of how DO could do things better. DiscoverOrg's platform is a great product. The Research team and Sales team have a lot of mutual respect for one another: the platform and research never lets the Sales team down, because the Researchers are really good and take a lot of pride in what they do. The Company gatherings are a lot of fun. i think they do them 3-4x a year. Lots of food and drinks. We went bowling, and throughout the night they gave away about $2,000 in cash for trick shots and best costumes. The bottom-line is it's just a good environment to work in, and you feel like the company is going places, and you're glad to be a part of it. Glad I left my old job for this place.

Cons

Folgers coffee in the break room - it's terrible. I'd also like to see some free snacks and drinks around here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Research in Vancouver, WA

Pros

DiscoverOrg is hands down the best place I have ever worked! It's a fun atmosphere and great work environment. We work hard and have fun all at the same time! Plenty of room to move up, you just need to prove you are willing to work hard! The owners are passionate and hands on workers! Upper management is also very approachable and hard workers! I look forward to coming to work everyday knowing we are going to work hard as a team and have fun!

Cons

No 401k. SomethinI that i think would be a huge perk!

Advice to Management

401k would be fantastic!

Top Company

Current Employee - Research
    Current Employee - Research

Pros

Super laid back but knows when to buckle down. Great atmosphere between employees. WIDE open door policy, if you have an issue, someone will take care of it.

Cons

Not everyone is on the same page at times, can get kind of confusing because you'll be told one thing by one manager and another by someone else. No 401k but it's a smaller company so I'm sure the future looks bright with this.

Industry leading company, industry leading people & culture make this the place to work in Portland area

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-An industry leading company that is constantly growing and getting better. I've seen DiscoverOrg grow from a dozen employees to several different offices in a business park to now having 2 floors in downtown Vancouver's biggest office building. -The culture is infectious - it's for those that are constantly striving to get better, never happy with the status quo, and want to improve professionally and improve how our clients sell and market day in and day out. If you enjoy celebrating an accomplishment, and then quickly figuring out how to improve and beat that last accomplishment next month/quarter/year this is the place for you. -Management is always open to new ideas and everyone's voice is heard -- it's an open door policy. The employees are passionate about making sure we have the best processes and put forth the best data & product in the market and as a result if you have a good idea it's likely to get implemented quickly. -Great new office space with nice break room, located in the heart of downtown with plenty of places to grab a good lunch or a drink with your colleagues after work -A lot of interdepartment collaboration - research works closely with sales, sales & marketing are closely knit, customer success & product development are constantly working together to improve the product - this makes everyone working together for one common goal which you often don't get in other companies. -Fun company outings and get-togethers -Lots of growth and new opportunities for new and existing employees. The leadership has proven they like to promote within to those that work hard and are consistent producers

Cons

-The employees work hard to be the best, so putting in long hours isn't uncommon. No one is really "punching a clock" but it's noticed if you're leaving early so there can be added pressure to work longer hours.

Advice to Management

-Keep investing in, and expanding the research team to expand the product offering. -Continue to Innovate and develop the platform quickly -The team you've assembled has led to DiscoverOrg being the #1 solution in the industry - nurture their development and keep leading them in the right direction

10. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Current Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no politics here, no BS, everyone is working hard to make the company really successful. Amazing new office space in downtown Vancouver. Competitive Pay. You can feel the energy around the office.

Cons

Company has been pretty siloed but that is changing significantly recently - Research is Talking more to Sales; Sales is talking more to Account Management - in the past everyone was really heads down doing their own thing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we're doing. More opportunities for professional training would be nice too.

Phenomenal product, great culture, constant growth

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Vancouver, WA

Pros

The culture is fantastic, it's a nimble organization with very limited bureaucracy, and there's a shared feeling that everyone's contribution really matters to the company. There's also still a long runway for growth beyond what's already been achieved. If you want to be a part of something special, this company can deliver that The CEO is a great motivator and constantly innovating. His presence is visible throughout all levels of the organization There's a constant drive to get better, employees are pushed to go beyond their comfort zone and develop into A players The product delivers as advertised and has a real and very significant impact on client's business - and it's constantly getting better

Cons

Although the company has grown past it, there's still a start-up mentality and high expectations for productivity, in other words you need to want to work hard Similarly, if you need formalized, clear processes this probably isn't the place for you. Those are being put in place, but we make quick decisions and pivot often because we believe trying new things makes us better

Advice to Management

Reward long-time employees with more perks from a work-life balance standpoint

RSS Feed </> Embed