DiscoverOrg

Updated May 2, 2014

Henry Schuck

No Dead Ends at DiscoverOrg

Senior Client Success Manager (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsThe work environment is top notch. I have worked at companies where everyone is watching out for their own self-interests. DiscoverOrg could not be more different. Everyone is supportive as opposed to combative and the success of the team is more important than the success of an individual.

Management is friendly and always has an open door. Ideas are welcomed and change (outside of the data collection method) is not feared. They take a hands on approach, providing a personal involvement with employees instead of standing on high dictating orders.

In addition, management rewards hard work and promotes from within as much as possible. A refreshing change from the "you've been here longest" mentality.

One of the biggest Pros is that you can believe in the service DiscoverOrg provides. When you can rely on facts as opposed to embellishments, you are in a good spot.

ConsThe only challenges are those that come with a rapidly expanding company. All good problems to have.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally need a 401K. I plan on staying with this company as long as they will have me and would like some financial security in that decision.

Great Company! Great People!

Research (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsDiscoverOrg is hands down the best company I have ever worked for! I came to DiscoverOrg from a dead end job and now just over a year later DiscoverOrg gave me a chance to grow within the company by simply working hard. I love coming to work everyday and working along side a great team! The atmosphere this company provides is truly amazing and I feel so blessed to work for them. I feel 100% comfortable going and talking to any manager, director in this company including the owners! They are all hands on, willing to listen to anything you have to say or any problems I may have. Here's to many more years of working hard for a great company and team!

ConsMy only complaint if it is even one would be that the building is running out of room from company growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe a 401K in the future?

Good Place To Work

Research (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsExcellent team environment within your department, knowledgeable managers. Good with employees with kids who may need to leave work early to take care of family. Ability to make up work without loosing pay is a big plus.

ConsCompany keeps stemming down on team building events, departments more or less keep to themselves, and the pay seems minimal for some positions despite the amount of money the company makes. Managers and trainers need to work on fully explaining things all at once rather than give you information as you do them wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to follow through with what they tell employees at orientation. from day one, some of the perks I was given about this job seem to be false.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very positive work environment

ProsManagement cares about the employees. Senior management listens to all the staff. It does not feel much like corporate America.

ConsThe benefit package is not very good, but this is a small company. Company should consider a 401 k program.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the company growing!

High Growth Potential

Research Analyst (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsFor any company looking to nail down employee loyalty, they need to look at what DiscoverOrg has done. Managers are friendly and passionate about their jobs and treat everyone with the utmost respect. Never in my life have I felt like my employers actually cared about me until I got this job. Raises, promotions, and bonuses are performance based which keeps the team striving to do their best.

ConsMy work station changes quite a bit due to the growth of the company which is a bit of a pain but honestly, I could do the research in the hallway as long as I have a phone in hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the personal touch!

Fast-paced, rewarding work in a quickly growing company

Research (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsThe company is very successful, growing quickly, and constantly hiring and promoting from within. While no longer a start-up, the company makes efforts to bring employees from every department together often through hosted lunches, bowling nights and events celebrating sales and research successes – most recently the entire company celebrated reaching 93% direct dials on the Portland Spirit dinner cruise. Co-workers are close and get along well, with many getting together for drinks outside of work. The owners are very friendly, active in the company, and invested in their employees. One of the co-owners even has employees over for football on Sundays. Solid, affordable health insurance through Kaiser Permanente, dental through Willamette Dental, and Aflac is also offered. Extra hours available to research staff, casual dress for research and IT, PTO available, gift cards for projects completed well, lots of room for advancement as all lead research and management positions are promoted from within.

ConsThe workload can be overwhelming at times. Expectations are high and do shift as needs arise. The company has outgrown three buildings since I came on board, and as departments have grown, many employees have been shuffled and reshuffled into smaller work spaces, which can be frustrating. It would be nice if the company purchased a larger building so every department could once again be housed under one roof. Given funding, I am sure this is the plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with one another and delivery of a unified message to each department. A consistent performance review schedule so employees know where they stand and what their expectations are.

Worked for DiscoverOrg? Contribute to the Community!