Dismas Charities

Add Photos

Raymond J. Weis

Great work envoirment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe potential for job growth if your willing to move.

ConsLack of pay increases. Worked for 3 years everytime i asked about a raise i was told eventually.

Good Job, Good Employees Management is Useless

ProsFellow employees are knowledgeable and will work together. Decent vacation and Sick Time benefits.

ConsManagement is completely useless, its an environment where so long as the paperwork is correct nothing else matters. Nothing not employee retention, employee safety, or supporting employees in order to work the job as required. Unless an idea comes from management its useless and it will not work, but wait 6 months and suddenly its a great idea because management came out with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice is needed as none will be heeded.

Good money but poor staff and management.

Resident Monitor (Former Employee)
    Lubbock, TX

ProsThe retirement plan is decent and they contribute to your retirement without you having to invest any of your own money.The work is repetitive and easy to catch on too once you get the hang of it.

ConsLack of management having a back bone. Employees with the same job title believe they are more than what the position is. Too much back biting and back stabbing for such a simple job. After working there for years I was still part time and never was able to get full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the SOW and OPS manual and stop changing things to fit you. Every shift should be the exact same. There is no reason why after 6 months of working there that you shouldn't know what you are doing. its a repetitive job!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job to gain experience in criminal justice.

Louisville, KY

ProsThe pay is good, you gain holiday, vacation and sick leave, part time and full time.

ConsI would not recommend getting their health insurance, vet expensive and your past will drop from 113 dollars to 9.84 per hour, so choose wisely. The so called management and the director only think about themselves and are very cut throat and sneaky! Will not have your back if it will involve them losing their job, you will be gone before them!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so nasty and evil! Don't be prejudice! Do your job and let others do theirs.

Completely insane management

Resident Monitor (Current Employee)
    Hattiesburg, MS

ProsIt is extremely rewarding to participate in the reentry program. Most of the residents are very focused on long-term success.

ConsThe management at the Hattiesburg Center is insane. The ultra negative micro-management and refusal to recognize employees in any positive or constructive way creates an atmosphere of apathy.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some new motivation techniques, like positive recognition. Employees who feel valued and invested perform better and stay longer.

The pay is cool the job and management are terrible.

Louisville, KY

ProsGood Pay- The job is different you meet a lot of different types of people. Work with the paroled inmates from all over the USA.

ConsManagement will not back them employees and they will throw you under the bus if it comes down to you or them.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for directors that know what they are doing. and make sure they do not play favorites. Also make sure everybody does what they are expected and don't leave stuff for shifts that come after the job should be done.

Horrible Cut Throat Management, No Raises, No appreciation.

Hell Hole Creek (Australia)

ProsWorking in the Reentry setting working to assist inmates with their transition back into society. Majority of coworkers are very helpful team players. Retirement plan.

ConsBenefits especially health coverage. Management SUCKS!! Zero staff appreciation and acknowledgement which leads to low morale and production of work. Management will throw you under the nearest bus, train, or automobile in their path. Not open-minded to ideas from staff. I've never seen anyone receive a raise without a promotion. If you are not "in" then you wont be recognized or included, you will just be crapped on and considered a body to work. Training sucks if it even takes place and then you will be held accountable for being unaware of certain things. No consistency, policies and rules are constantly changing. People are constantly trying to cover themselves and do not care about the inmates or the quality of the program it is all about money fulling up beds and slitting throat every chance they get.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, they don't know what that is!!!

Enjoyed my job and co-workers. Management is very unprofessional.

Kentucky (Australia)

ProsEnjoyed assisting the residents and feeling I made a difference.

ConsPay and benefits are terrible, in fact there are no benefits if you call joining a credit union a benefit. You are told you may have some money deposited into some kind of retirement account after several years??? There is no work/life balance. If you call in sick you are given the fifth degree. You do not have a life. Have you ever seen a job description telling you to empty your trash, dust your office, etc.?

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe this agency was started by someone who had a heart and did want to "heal the human spirit". But the management destroys the human spirit of those they employ and the residents as well. I don't think there is any advice to give the management because they don't listen. Even the audit done by the Commonwealth of Kentucky never opened their eyes. Money in their pockets is all they care about. What would the priest who started Dismas Charities think if he could see what was going on at Dismas today? Would he agree with how this agency is being run? What would he think about how the staff are addressed, the sarcasm, the threats, your non caring attiude toward all human beings? Your turnover is ridiculous, when are you going to wake up? My question to your assistant directors and directors is what do you see when you look in the mirror, how do you sleep at night? How can you treat your staff the way you do?

Worked for Dismas Charities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dismas Charities reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dismas Charities CEO Raymond J. Weis. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Dismas Charities employees.