Disney Internet Group

Disney Internet Group Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Disney Internet Group Co-President, Disney Interactive Media Group James A. (Jimmy) Pitaro

James A. (Jimmy) Pitaro

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent, work is passionate, people are fun (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits, nice environment, Located in Seattle downtown, Nice people, 9-5 office hours, (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge turnover rate; bad management - inattentive, ineffective, absent; highly sensitive politics (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management didn't seem to know what they wanted to do, little direction (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment to be in.

ConsDon;t know of any cons.

Great People, Tough Environment

Various (Current Employee) North Hollywood, CA

ProsI have never worked with smarter, more committed people than I did at Disney. The benefits are quite good. The office atmosphere is casual, and corporate policies are somewhat progressive in terms of work/life balance and flexibility. I was genuinely proud of the products I supported and the work I did.

ConsThe constant layoffs and reorgs are unbearably stressful, and result in great people being sacrificed on the altar of bad management, while those remaining see their workloads triple with no recognition. The recent shift to an 'open work environment' makes concentration and privacy impossible. Recently stopped offering pension to all new hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe reorgs are driving your best people to burnout and driving up turnover. Stop doing them when they're not necessary. New execs don't always have to kill the former lion's cubs. And in 15 years, we'll look back on the 'open work environment' experiment and admit it was great for facilities costs but horrible for morale and productivity.

No direction, no strategy, BUT must be able to wear 1000 hats

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe company name, the Silver Disney pass, and if you have kids the discounts are amazing.

ConsPolitical organization where accountability is a foreign word. If you aren't part of the 'in' crowd your basically shoved to the side

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so jaded and really look on the floor at who is doing what. The last lay off was cut too deep.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees are very friendly. Product owners open to listening to good ideas from the engineering team.

ConsMy experience was overall very positive.

This is an excellent place to work.

Director (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsWork life balance is excellent, work is passionate, people are fun. Commuting options are plentiful.

Consnone - best place I've ever worked. Do not have enough good things to say about the environment here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Good executives continue to rise to senior influential positions.

Good teams, good management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsGood leadership, interesting projects, good work/life balance, smart co-workers, family-friendly, great benefits, fun & unique team-building activities, silver pass for access to Disney parks

ConsBureaucracy due to various teams within Disney with conflicting goals/agendas,

Good place to work, but lacks innovation and speed

Manager (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsThe place is full if nice people and good perks.
    Fun brands/franchises to work with
    Pay is fair.

ConsNo innovation or disruptive initiatives happen here
    Corporate processes can slow down iteration speed, making your feature irrelevant by the time it deploys

Advice to Senior ManagementTear down corporate walls that slow us down in this fast-paced industry

It was ok, but was mismanaged

PSR (Current Employee) North Hollywood, CA

ProsThere was free coffee everyday and great benefits came with the market rate pay, friendly coworkers does not hurt either.

ConsPeople with no market experience in management positions, mainly shuffled from another branch.

Great place to work. Would highly recommend Disney as an employer.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsWDIG has many sharp people across groups such as devs, QA, operationA.D. Good work-life balance (at least in my group). Fun environment. Cool decorations and theming in office: Disney artwork, posters, and memorabilia, conference rooms.

ConsAs a large company, sometimes the bureaucracy slows things down or hampers efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the policy of forcing break in service for contractors after 18 months. You lose a lot of good folks. If you like them enough to keep them for the full 18 months and not convert them, why not keep them around on contract?

it was a

Customer Support (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits for the time, decent pay, free park entry if its not a black out date.

ConsPoor lower level management in terms of knowledge and professionalism.

Worked for Disney Internet Group? Contribute to the Community!