Disney Parks & Resorts

3.8
1,051 Reviews

Disney Parks & Resorts President & CEO Robert Iger
Robert Iger

Pros
  • Free admission to the parks and significant discounts on merchandise are nice (in 88 reviews)

• Free admission to the parks, for ourselves as well as friends and family, discounts (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • 50 per hour over other cast members with far less responsibilities (in 67 reviews)

• Long hours, Sometimes I had very early shifts, or shifts that ran til 12am or later (in 61 reviews)

More Highlights

172 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great position that gives you opportunity to connect with area managers. Not a good position to move up in the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time

Pros

Great group of co workers - lots of eating choices - great way to get your exercise going between meetings - OK retirement benefits

Cons

Parking sucks - you work while others play - compensation is below market - lots of people that sit around and collect a paycheck - feels like I am in high school

A rewarding experiencing of creating magic for guests.

Current Employee - Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free admission to East and West Coast Parks. Paid holidays, sick pay and vacation pay. Interaction with all kinds of guests from around he world. You get to work with a variety of diversified cast members. Gives a sense of magic I felt when I was younger and have always felt.

Cons

Working holidays but I don't mind. My personal commute is 7-8 hours a day due to my residence. Cost of living in the area and adjacent cities.

Great experience! Former Disney College Program

Former Employee - Disney College Program  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Disney College Program in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They take care of you really well. So many people you meet become your life long friends. You also make a lot of good connections. If you love the brand and enjoy the place, you will be even more passionate to do well in the job. Really good corporate culture.

Cons

You have to work hard. It's not all fun. You have to realize that they will make you work but they compensate you by how well they treat their cast members. You can't be lazy. Don't look at all the time consuming stuff you have to do. Look at the great opportunity you have.

little more leniency on our days off and let disney college program alumni still keep in touch with the instructors. I never got emails back from my previous instructors every time I checked in to keep the connection.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Magical place to work, with a lot of different roles to play. Its only as good as your leadership though.

Current Employee - Safety  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Safety in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Huge company with tons of resources and extra perks like discounts, tickets, wellness programs, sports programs, etc. There are a ton of opportunities, especially for entry level Cast Members who have a good head on their shoulders and show some common sense.

Cons

This massive entertainment machine has a lot of gears and its easy to get lost as just another cog. Its also far to easy for poor leadership to linger in roles they really shouldn't be in.

Stay closer to the reality of daily operations.

Working at the Happiest place on Earth!

Current Employee - Ride Operator  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Ride Operator in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many different areas of the resort you are able to work in or transfer into. The Walt Disney company does a great job at training their cast members to handle all areas of guest service. They also have many great programs and classes for cast members looking to move up with the Walt Disney Company.

Cons

The management at the lower levels are always the greatest and the hours can be a little rough sometimes.

Disney says that they want their cast members to feel empowered to do things, but as it trickles down to the lower levels it doesn't always feel like that is the case.

I loved it. It was the only job that I ever had that I actually looked forward to going to work everyday

Former Employee - Maintenance Cast Member  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Cast Member in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are awesome, they make you feel like you are an intregal part of the team, even during the nightshift. You have a certain amount of freedom with having someone over your should constantly. It is a good place to start out of high school.

Cons

It only wish it paid more. With the gas prices in California as high as they are and the traffic the way it is, you spent a good chunk of your paycheck on gas to get to work.

Pay more. Its not like Disney inc cant afford it. They only reason I left is because it didnt pay well otherwise I would have retired there. Unless that is what you guys are trying to prevent.

draining and life consuming

Former Employee - Merchandise Host  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Host in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

free park admission
    good discounts
    easy to slip through the cracks

Cons

no schedule flexibility
    weekends off, giving away shifts, shift trades have been taken away from part-time employees
    they don't care about school schedule
    half the time there is no parking and shuttles to work are very inconsistent
    expected to go above and beyond for lousy pay and rude, mean guests.

poor management and rude team, poor experience

Former Employee - Pastry Chef  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Pastry Chef in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

free passes to disneyland for entire immediate family.

Cons

excessive hours, little pay, poor work environment, unsafe

Working lead for Attractions

Current Employee - Working Lead  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Working Lead in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's very easy to find inspiration, happiness, and all while being surrounded by people with the same mission. Wonderful first job that throws you a lot of curveballs that you are equipped and supported to handle.

Cons

You're paid in experience and magic, not real people money. Work life balance can be tough as if you are a seasoned CM, your weekends and holidays are shot, while your everyday schedule can change on the drop of a dime.

Find ways to keep your best CMs because your pay drives them away

Unique experience. I'll never have a chance to work at a place like this again.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts for more than a year

Pros

-The experience of working on really cool, unique projects
    -The group I worked with created our own very unique, fun culture
    -Lots of Disney merchandise perks
    -Spirit Committee constantly giving fun little goodies on your desk
    -Team breaks in the park

Cons

-Constant reorganizations to "improve inefficiencies"
    -Very political. Moving up ahead is how tight you are with executives.
    -Lots of talking negative about others
    -Pay is just OK.
    -Mentality of Florida against Anaheim; sales against marketing; strategy against marketing sales; 2nd floor against 3rd floor.

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!