Disney Parks & Resorts

Disney Parks & Resorts Reviews in Anaheim, CA

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Disney Parks & Resorts President & CEO Robert Iger

Robert Iger

Pros
  • Free admission to the parks and significant discounts on merchandise are nice (in 88 reviews)

• Free admission to the parks, for ourselves as well as friends and family, discounts (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • 50 per hour over other cast members with far less responsibilities (in 67 reviews)

• Long hours, Sometimes I had very early shifts, or shifts that ran til 12am or later (in 61 reviews)

More Highlights
162 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working lead for Attractions

Working Lead (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsIt's very easy to find inspiration, happiness, and all while being surrounded by people with the same mission. Wonderful first job that throws you a lot of curveballs that you are equipped and supported to handle.

ConsYou're paid in experience and magic, not real people money. Work life balance can be tough as if you are a seasoned CM, your weekends and holidays are shot, while your everyday schedule can change on the drop of a dime.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to keep your best CMs because your pay drives them away

Rich heritage, short on compensation, long on overreach.

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsAbundant discounts on park entry, merchandise, storied traditions and heritage. This place turns the timid into bears as a matter of survival, and very quickly overprepares you for anything and everything that could possibly happen in a corporate environment. Working here grants loads of personal interaction with highly ranking executives and the performance/appearance standards are sky high.

ConsThe flip side of the cons are that the environment is quite stressful, not as hire-friendly to those "from the outside" and sometimes, the promotional opportunities are sparse. Many have worked here since high school.

Almost impossible to get anywhere with the company.

Attractions Host (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThe perks and discounts are wonderful. Working with guests from all over the world can be a great learning experience. The company does have free things for employees.

ConsThe hours are horrible! You work pretty much every holiday and have no idea what a life at home is. It is nearly impossible to talk to a manager and it is nearly impossible to work your way up...unless you are willing to wait 10+ years just to get to park level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees more and find out what they really want.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company asks a lot of cast for little pay.

Attractions Cast Member (Lead) (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsFree park admission / parking for yourself and limited admission for friends and family. Food and merchandise discounts in the park. You will me some amazing people working here that will remain friends for a lifetime.

ConsLow pay for demanding first rate guest service. You must arrive 45+ minutes prior to a shift accommodate parking in an overcrowded offsite parking lot, taking a slow shuttle to the cast entry point, and walking through a crowded theme park to your specific location to clock in. (Often delayed by guests questions, parades, or other entertainment that can make you late to work.) Scheduled hours are all over the place. You're expected to work very early mornings (6 am and earlier) and very late nights (1:30am and later). Sometimes only 9 hours are in-between shifts, not allowing for rest and personal needs/errands. Chances of spending a holiday with your family are slim. I've been promoted or offered more responsibility 5 times, however, received one pay raise of $1.50 per hour over other cast members with far less responsibilities. (It's something, but not much.)

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel the talent Disney used to hire is now not interested in working here due to low pay/benefits and are seeking their jobs elsewhere. This is causing the company to slip in its standards of who they hire and their competency for the roles in which they are placed.

Working for the Mouse

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsI've been with the resort for about 9 months now. Great experience, depending on your department and whether or not you're able to make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in. I work in the entertainment department. So obviously it's very fast-paced and you learn the true meaning of "the show must go on" no matter the circumstances. Honestly though, greatest thrill comes from seeing the smiles of the young performers I'm fortunate enough to work with and the joy of the audiences we put on shows for.

ConsThe only con I can really think of are the hours. There's a lot of competition for shifts and it can sometimes become very frustrating. Other than that, great company to be a part of.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that comes to mind.

Disneyland resort

Baker (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThe company can guarantee you hours if you are labeled as full time.
    The benefits are well worth it.
    You can accumulate vacation time or sick time. if you happen to have a dependent with special needs they have a program that will allow you to take all of the necessary actions without risking anything.

ConsThe pay is not the same everywhere in the park. It really depends in what department and position you are working.

Great atmosphere and fun to work at.

Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsWorking at an amusement park. Fun atmosphere. Positive and friendly people generally. Allowed to bring in friends/family into the park a certain number of times. Able to move departments if you request it.

ConsPay isn't very high as a regular cast member. Benefits only apply to full-time. Meet many good as well as some bad guests with high guest traffic. Sometimes scheduling moves you around numerous areas of the park, which can be difficult as you must rent costumes from Disney

Advice to Senior ManagementMore management engagement with employees. Store managers seemed a bit disconnected with cast members. Cast leads were more reliable.

California Adventure Merchandise Stores

Store Operations Cast Memember/Back of House Runner (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsInteracting with hundreds of people daily
    Being in a fun environment

ConsLong Hours during the summer because its peak season
    Costumes
    Inept Management
    Parking

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract and takes advise from front-line employees more

Great place to work.

Ride Operator (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsGreat discounts and free entry into parks.

ConsBad pay, bad hours, bad managers

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible with schedules

Ambitious job leading to a dull dead end experience.

Guest Relations Cast Member (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThe only aspect that is beneficial is opportunity to network with high profile clientele.

ConsLiterally everything else I did not list in pros.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees as just another number.

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!