Disney Parks & Resorts

home.disney.go.com

Disney Parks & Resorts Reviews

Pros
  • Free admission to the parks and significant discounts on merchandise are nice(in 88 reviews)

• Free admission to the parks, for ourselves as well as friends and family, discounts(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • 50 per hour over other cast members with far less responsibilities(in 67 reviews)

• Long hours, Sometimes I had very early shifts, or shifts that ran til 12am or later(in 60 reviews)

Fun place, but management a bit tough

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsPerks that they give you are great

ConsSome managers micro manage too much

Magical

Cast Member (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsMaking the Magic of Disney come alive for guests made working at Disney magical. The perks provided to cast members were great too.

ConsIt was difficult to communicate with your direct manager. Sometimes you go months without seeing your direct manager, so it makes it difficult to get feedback on your own performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCast Members need to have regular meetings with their own manager to get performance feedback, and to provide feedback to management as well.

Work is challenging, but it is a very rewarding place to work. Everyone who works here is happy to be here.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsPeople are willing to help you achieve your goals, and everyone has a good attitude at work. There's a reason people work here their entire lives. The benefits are good and hard work is recognized in one way or another.

ConsIt truly depends on who is your direct report, but do make sure to get a feel for who you will be reporting to, as this will be the biggest factor in your experience there.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuggestion would be to have evaluations for managers, so that employees can reach out to leadership in cases of unfair or disrespectful treatment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dream Job Turned into a Nightmare

Creative Project Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe Perks and benefits are Great. Medical Benefits are comprehensive and worth the money. Vacation time is granted with out issues.

ConsDemands your soul. You must go above and beyond to be able to succeed. Ideas are frequently dismissed or passed off as someone elses.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou hired your employees for a specific reason they has something special. Use that and help them to excel at their job dont dismiss them and put them down for asking questions.

My experience was great ... I reaped a lot of benefits personally and professionally!

Reservations/Sales Agent (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAs a DRC agent, we had a very comprehensive training program which was a valuable asset when dealing with Guests calling in for reservations. There is a LOT to know about Disney and in the area I worked in (Worldphile), the Guests had been there many times so as a Worldphile agent, you were expected to have a lot of information!

Being able to visit the parks/discounts, etc., was great! Every now and then one of the characters would show up at the Reservations Center. That was great ... A good morale booster. I have to say this is the only company I have ever worked with that had Managers that worked as hard as the Cast Members. When help was needed on the floor, they were there taking calls as well. Disney's open door policy was just that ... I was never refused access to a manager and was impressed by the way they actually listened and addressed concerns/ issues.

ConsCrazy schedules ... Up for bids every few months. Just as you would get used to one schedule, it would be time to put in another bid.
    Better communication although it must be virtually impossible to keep track of all that goes on at WDW. They do a pretty amazing job!

This job is okay for people who are in high school or in college, not as a career.

Character Performer (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsMeet people from all over the world.
    Get into the Disney Parks for free as well as friends and family.

ConsLong hours for small paycheck.
    Poor management.
    No life outside of Disney

Very stressful, no time for family, too little pay

Pastry Cook (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe chef is well known, it was nice working with someone of his caliber

Consstressful, low pay, long hours....

Excellent

Campus Representative (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosfor the experience and the fun of making magic for others and that you get free admission to the parks and discounts on Merchandise the resorts and on food helping guests gives you the most magical feeling in the world it's a great to be a cast member because of all the benifits

Consthat some guests can be difficult

Advice to Senior Managementhelp new cast member

Magical

Musician (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsAs a musician you are treated very well and are paid very well.

ConsNot enough work to be scheduled to be a full-time job.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees for creative, operational and value-adding ideas.

It was one of a kind!

Recreation Intern (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsYou have access to all Disney parks,at all times. You also receive lots of free tickets and guest packages. You get to know all the secrets!

ConsYou will work very hard all the time! They will slave you! There will be crazy hours and days you will have to work with no exception.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest a higher base pay. For the hard work all the employees out in,they should be payed twice as much. Also ,stop being scared to promote employees. Disney promote based on seniority .

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!