Disney Parks & Resorts Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

3.8
1,040 Reviews

Disney Parks & Resorts President & CEO Robert Iger
Robert Iger

Pros
  • Free admission to the parks and significant discounts on merchandise are nice (in 88 reviews)

• Free admission to the parks, for ourselves as well as friends and family, discounts (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • 50 per hour over other cast members with far less responsibilities (in 67 reviews)

• Long hours, Sometimes I had very early shifts, or shifts that ran til 12am or later (in 61 reviews)

More Highlights

186 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working at the Happiest place on Earth!

Current Employee - Ride Operator  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Ride Operator in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many different areas of the resort you are able to work in or transfer into. The Walt Disney company does a great job at training their cast members to handle all areas of guest service. They also have many great programs and classes for cast members looking to move up with the Walt Disney Company.

Cons

The management at the lower levels are always the greatest and the hours can be a little rough sometimes.

Disney says that they want their cast members to feel empowered to do things, but as it trickles down to the lower levels it doesn't always feel like that is the case.

I loved it. It was the only job that I ever had that I actually looked forward to going to work everyday

Former Employee - Maintenance Cast Member  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Cast Member in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are awesome, they make you feel like you are an intregal part of the team, even during the nightshift. You have a certain amount of freedom with having someone over your should constantly. It is a good place to start out of high school.

Cons

It only wish it paid more. With the gas prices in California as high as they are and the traffic the way it is, you spent a good chunk of your paycheck on gas to get to work.

Pay more. Its not like Disney inc cant afford it. They only reason I left is because it didnt pay well otherwise I would have retired there. Unless that is what you guys are trying to prevent.

poor management and rude team, poor experience

Former Employee - Pastry Chef  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Pastry Chef in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

free passes to disneyland for entire immediate family.

Cons

excessive hours, little pay, poor work environment, unsafe

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working lead for Attractions

Current Employee - Working Lead  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Working Lead in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's very easy to find inspiration, happiness, and all while being surrounded by people with the same mission. Wonderful first job that throws you a lot of curveballs that you are equipped and supported to handle.

Cons

You're paid in experience and magic, not real people money. Work life balance can be tough as if you are a seasoned CM, your weekends and holidays are shot, while your everyday schedule can change on the drop of a dime.

Find ways to keep your best CMs because your pay drives them away

Unique experience. I'll never have a chance to work at a place like this again.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts for more than a year

Pros

-The experience of working on really cool, unique projects
    -The group I worked with created our own very unique, fun culture
    -Lots of Disney merchandise perks
    -Spirit Committee constantly giving fun little goodies on your desk
    -Team breaks in the park

Cons

-Constant reorganizations to "improve inefficiencies"
    -Very political. Moving up ahead is how tight you are with executives.
    -Lots of talking negative about others
    -Pay is just OK.
    -Mentality of Florida against Anaheim; sales against marketing; strategy against marketing sales; 2nd floor against 3rd floor.

Rich heritage, short on compensation, long on overreach.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Abundant discounts on park entry, merchandise, storied traditions and heritage. This place turns the timid into bears as a matter of survival, and very quickly overprepares you for anything and everything that could possibly happen in a corporate environment. Working here grants loads of personal interaction with highly ranking executives and the performance/appearance standards are sky high.

Cons

The flip side of the cons are that the environment is quite stressful, not as hire-friendly to those "from the outside" and sometimes, the promotional opportunities are sparse. Many have worked here since high school.

Almost impossible to get anywhere with the company.

Current Employee - Attractions Host  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Attractions Host in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for more than a year

Pros

The perks and discounts are wonderful. Working with guests from all over the world can be a great learning experience. The company does have free things for employees.

Cons

The hours are horrible! You work pretty much every holiday and have no idea what a life at home is. It is nearly impossible to talk to a manager and it is nearly impossible to work your way up...unless you are willing to wait 10+ years just to get to park level management.

Talk to your employees more and find out what they really want.

Company asks a lot of cast for little pay.

Current Employee - Attractions Cast Member (Lead)  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Attractions Cast Member (Lead) in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free park admission / parking for yourself and limited admission for friends and family. Food and merchandise discounts in the park. You will me some amazing people working here that will remain friends for a lifetime.

Cons

Low pay for demanding first rate guest service. You must arrive 45+ minutes prior to a shift accommodate parking in an overcrowded offsite parking lot, taking a slow shuttle to the cast entry point, and walking through a crowded theme park to your specific location to clock in. (Often delayed by guests questions, parades, or other entertainment that can make you late to work.) Scheduled hours are all over the place. You're expected to work very early mornings (6 am and earlier) and very late nights (1:30am and later). Sometimes only 9 hours are in-between shifts, not allowing for rest and personal needs/errands. Chances of spending a holiday with your family are slim. I've been promoted or offered more responsibility 5 times, however, received one pay raise of $1.50 per hour over other cast members with far less responsibilities. (It's something, but not much.)

I feel the talent Disney used to hire is now not interested in working here due to low pay/benefits and are seeking their jobs elsewhere. This is causing the company to slip in its standards of who they hire and their competency for the roles in which they are placed.

Working for the Mouse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with the resort for about 9 months now. Great experience, depending on your department and whether or not you're able to make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in. I work in the entertainment department. So obviously it's very fast-paced and you learn the true meaning of "the show must go on" no matter the circumstances. Honestly though, greatest thrill comes from seeing the smiles of the young performers I'm fortunate enough to work with and the joy of the audiences we put on shows for.

Cons

The only con I can really think of are the hours. There's a lot of competition for shifts and it can sometimes become very frustrating. Other than that, great company to be a part of.

None that comes to mind.

Disneyland resort

Current Employee - Baker  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Baker in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company can guarantee you hours if you are labeled as full time.
    The benefits are well worth it.
    You can accumulate vacation time or sick time. if you happen to have a dependent with special needs they have a program that will allow you to take all of the necessary actions without risking anything.

Cons

The pay is not the same everywhere in the park. It really depends in what department and position you are working.

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!