Disney Parks & Resorts

Disney Parks & Resorts Reviews

3.6

Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman and CEO Thomas Staggs
Thomas Staggs

Pros
  • The company offers great benefits which include free admission to Disneyland anytime (in 99 reviews)

• There was a strong community spirit among cast members I've never experienced elsewhere (in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • Senority of older cast members can make advancing difficult and take to long (in 73 reviews)

• Transition to full time: expectation is to work long hours for lower than market avg (in 70 reviews)

More Highlights

Dream Job Turned into a Nightmare

Former Employee - Creative Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Creative Project Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

The Perks and benefits are Great. Medical Benefits are comprehensive and worth the money. Vacation time is granted with out issues.

Cons

Demands your soul. You must go above and beyond to be able to succeed. Ideas are frequently dismissed or passed off as someone elses.

You hired your employees for a specific reason they has something special. Use that and help them to excel at their job dont dismiss them and put them down for asking questions.

Fun place, but management a bit tough

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

Perks that they give you are great

Cons

Some managers micro manage too much

This job is okay for people who are in high school or in college, not as a career.

Former Employee - Character Performer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Character Performer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

Meet people from all over the world.
    Get into the Disney Parks for free as well as friends and family.

Cons

Long hours for small paycheck.
    Poor management.
    No life outside of Disney

Work is challenging, but it is a very rewarding place to work. Everyone who works here is happy to be here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

People are willing to help you achieve your goals, and everyone has a good attitude at work. There's a reason people work here their entire lives. The benefits are good and hard work is recognized in one way or another.

Cons

It truly depends on who is your direct report, but do make sure to get a feel for who you will be reporting to, as this will be the biggest factor in your experience there.

Suggestion would be to have evaluations for managers, so that employees can reach out to leadership in cases of unfair or disrespectful treatment.

Magical

Former Employee - Cast Member in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Cast Member in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

Making the Magic of Disney come alive for guests made working at Disney magical. The perks provided to cast members were great too.

Cons

It was difficult to communicate with your direct manager. Sometimes you go months without seeing your direct manager, so it makes it difficult to get feedback on your own performance.

Cast Members need to have regular meetings with their own manager to get performance feedback, and to provide feedback to management as well.

My experience was great ... I reaped a lot of benefits personally and professionally!

Former Employee - Reservations/Sales Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Reservations/Sales Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

As a DRC agent, we had a very comprehensive training program which was a valuable asset when dealing with Guests calling in for reservations. There is a LOT to know about Disney and in the area I worked in (Worldphile), the Guests had been there many times so as a Worldphile agent, you were expected to have a lot of information!

Being able to visit the parks/discounts, etc., was great! Every now and then one of the characters would show up at the Reservations Center. That was great ... A good morale booster. I have to say this is the only company I have ever worked with that had Managers that worked as hard as the Cast Members. When help was needed on the floor, they were there taking calls as well. Disney's open door policy was just that ... I was never refused access to a manager and was impressed by the way they actually listened and addressed concerns/ issues.

Cons

Crazy schedules ... Up for bids every few months. Just as you would get used to one schedule, it would be time to put in another bid.
    Better communication although it must be virtually impossible to keep track of all that goes on at WDW. They do a pretty amazing job!

Excellent

Current Employee - Campus Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Campus Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

for the experience and the fun of making magic for others and that you get free admission to the parks and discounts on Merchandise the resorts and on food helping guests gives you the most magical feeling in the world it's a great to be a cast member because of all the benifits

Cons

that some guests can be difficult

help new cast member

Magical

Current Employee - Musician in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Musician in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

As a musician you are treated very well and are paid very well.

Cons

Not enough work to be scheduled to be a full-time job.

Listen to your employees for creative, operational and value-adding ideas.

awesome

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

benefits time off advancement medical

Cons

work during holidays no time for family

It was one of a kind!

Former Employee - Recreation Intern in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Recreation Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

You have access to all Disney parks,at all times. You also receive lots of free tickets and guest packages. You get to know all the secrets!

Cons

You will work very hard all the time! They will slave you! There will be crazy hours and days you will have to work with no exception.

I would suggest a higher base pay. For the hard work all the employees out in,they should be payed twice as much. Also ,stop being scared to promote employees. Disney promote based on seniority .

Disney Parks & Resorts Photos