Disney Store

Updated September 21, 2014
Updated September 21, 2014
3.7

CEO

Pros
  • You get to work with Cast Members at all levels that this is their dream (in 11 reviews)

• Work/Life balance can be pretty easy unless you have a call in shift (see cons) (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Management seems to have no concern about nurturing talent to grow, because they know there's no where for the cast member to advance to (in 7 reviews)

• Pay is very low for for the amount of work required in a management team (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Magical

Former Employee - Lead Cast Member  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Lead Cast Member in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Disney Store part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, spectacular training from the BEST that you will not find elsewhere, unforgettable memories with guests through Mission Magic

Cons

Not the best pay, constant change in policy and procedures,

Work as a TEAM! This company is all about bonding and teamwork

A job I love it is my fun part-time job; love my guests and co-workers.

Current Employee - Cast Member - Part Time  in  Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Cast Member - Part Time in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Disney Store as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

I love making people smile and laugh and at Disney I can do that. I bring the happy child out in guests of all ages.

Cons

The cons is a lack of hours.

Just a better communication to all employees.

Not as magical after a while

Former Employee - Seasonal Cast Member  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Seasonal Cast Member in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Disney Store part-time for less than a year

Pros

Seeing the kids smiling made me smile, training was fun, making new friends with other cast members

Cons

not very flexible with scheduling, insensitive to weather conditions

be more considerate of family time of employees (we have families, too)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seasonal Cast Member

Former Employee - Seasonal Cast Member  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Seasonal Cast Member in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Disney Store part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, great work environment, sneak peeks at upcoming merchandise, talk-in with a lead at the start of each shift, helpful feedback on techniques and how to improve, intensive training.

Cons

As a seasonal member, I was only a promised 15 hours all of which were call-in by the end of my time with this company. Very little leeway or understanding for scheduling conflicts.

You learn to love

I have been working at Disney Store

Pros

You build relationships with the people you work with and people from other Disney stores and even the parks! They all become your family and you end up not caring about what you're paid.

Cons

Cast members are paid minimum wage

Great Job for someone who is in school or needs a second source of income

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  National City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in National City, CA

I worked at Disney Store part-time for more than a year

Pros

This is overall a really good company to work for.

-My location was fairly small so you become pretty close with your fellow employees and management

-Around once a month we volunteered which is something I enjoyed

-Every six months we were given two FREE Disneyland Park hopper tickets...and at Christmas time you get an additional four on top of that, huge plus!

-they can be somewhat accommodating about working around your schedule if need be

Cons

-Unless you are a manager you will never get enough hours to support yourself. This is why I said it's a good position for someone in school.

-On the same note, there is almost no room for growth in the company.

-They require you to have "call ins" about 2 to 3 days a week on top of your already scheduled shifts. This means that the days you have call ins you can't technically make any plans because you don't know whether or not you will have to come to work that day. This is probably my biggest con.

-At my particular location, perhaps because of how small the store was, there was a lot of gossiping, even amongst the managers which I felt was very unprofessional.

Refer to cons.

Mission Magic

I have been working at Disney Store part-time

Pros

If you love Disney, then the discounts, givaways, and free tickets are for you. Flexible hours, nice co-workers, really nice breakroom all included.

Cons

If you don't absolutely love Disney it's not worth not being able to take time off during the blackout period (November-January), the pay barely goes up, they don't like to hire from within, so you will be training new managers that are making more money than you whose job you can do.

Magical and "Magical'

Current Employee - Cast Member  in  Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Cast Member in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Disney Store part-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of fun things working for the company, such as simply just getting to talk about things in a more fun way. There are also some perks monetarily working there, but I don't usually use them. We sometimes also get free movie tickets, but not very often. The biggest perk is just that I love the people I work with for the most part.

Cons

The work schedules can be crazy. It's retail, so the hours aren't great. If you're using this job to pay your bills then that probably won't happen. As a second job and a 'fun' job, or a starting job if you're 18 or over? That would work. On call shifts are definitely going to happen and sometimes shifts are just cancelled simply because we don't reach our sales goals and we have to cut someone. Someone else stated that you have to really liked children a lot to work there, but honestly my biggest issue is with the adults. You need to be able to handle adults that will act worse than spoiled children, and you have to handle them with a smile on your face. Sometimes being that polite and that accommodating to everyone, regardless of their behavior, can be exhausting.

Honestly most of the issues with management are handled in house and there are several avenues to discuss changes. For starters, there's a manager, an assistant manager and at least two store 'leads', any of which you can go to for suggestions for them or any of the other members of staff. If you feel uncomfortable going to any of them, you can reach out to district manager or regional manager. The numbers are all listed in the break room and it's made very clear that no one can stop you from using those channels.

Magical but stressful

Current Employee - Lead Cast Member  in  San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Cast Member in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at Disney Store part-time for more than a year

Pros

The company prides itself in its magical retail experience, gives retail a nice shine

Cons

A lot of emphasis on what was going wrong, not on what was going right. As a part time employee who was also part of management I was responsible for a lot more than feasible.

Love woking in a place of opportunity.

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Disney Store full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The thing I like about working at the disney store is the people I work with. I have had several jobs at my age and the people here are the most respectful people I have ever worked with.

Cons

My negative view of working here is the amount of work put on a chosen few of people who work the same position.

The thing that would would help for the employies here, is to make sure that the work is evenly put out to the workers who work the same positions.

Worked for Disney Store? Contribute to the Community!