Disney Store

Disney Store Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pros
  • The company generally seems to really take care when hiring cast members, as well(in 12 reviews)

• Work/Life balance can be pretty easy unless you have a call in shift (see cons)(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • cast member on the overnight teams are not magical at all(in 5 reviews)

• They were all lazy and thought they were better than everyone else(in 2 reviews)

Love woking in a place of opportunity.

Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe thing I like about working at the disney store is the people I work with. I have had several jobs at my age and the people here are the most respectful people I have ever worked with.

ConsMy negative view of working here is the amount of work put on a chosen few of people who work the same position.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe thing that would would help for the employies here, is to make sure that the work is evenly put out to the workers who work the same positions.

An awesome experience with an exceptional group of people!!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Barceloneta, PR

ProsIs great because you feel the kindness of your supervisor like if he was mickey mouse just like i said before it was an awesome experience!

Consthey have the great compensation! they also gave you tickets discount for all them parks

Worked in call center, was fun environment, okay pay.

Guest Service Representative I (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe training was alright and when you did not have a call, you could talk to your neighbors. They always had a movie on.

ConsThey hire everyone in a contract position, unless you get promoted, which is not easy to do. As a contract, very poor benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun and demanding environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was easy enough, good if you like working with kids.

ConsCan get very messy, holidays are crazy, always on watch for shop lifters.

Awesome, rewarding and love working with guests and other Cast Members.

Cast Member (Current Employee)

ProsTraining as a Cast Member you have a lot of support.

ConsNot much time for cross training in other areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Disney Spirit in all Cast Members.

I loved working at the disney store.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was the disney magic you'd expect it to be.

ConsHours sucked. Pay wasn't great.

Fun environment, short shifts, low pay

ProsI really love working there. The interactions I get to have with guests is incredible. The company generally seems to really take care when hiring cast members, as well. Creating a connection with a guest over a shared love of Disney is fun and rewarding. Every so often you'll have that really incredible "magical moment" that is so special. Incredible benefits.

ConsBe prepared for nearly minimum wage, no real advancement opportunities, and lots of short shifts. it's not uncommon to work 3 or 4 3-5 hour shifts a week. Management seems to have no concern about nurturing talent to grow, because they know there's no where for the cast member to advance to. Holidays are crazy, and the emphasis on magic switches to an emphasis on speed. No more magical moments or spontaneous events at the registers, just smile and keep moving.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to nurture and mentor your talent. The ambassador program is a great start, but there should be more-optional trainings on backlot, in store training positions, etc. The low wage is also laughable for the effort expected.

It was great at the start

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Queens Village, NY

ProsIt is a great opportunity to work on communication skills

ConsThe pay and work vary and last minute call in and doing surprise overtime is common

Advice to Senior ManagementControlling the amount of employees and observing their qualifications closely are a must.

Fantastic Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent Career Development, Work/Life Balance, Benefits, Perks & Discounts, Upper Management, Team

ConsDemanding Position, High Expectations, Fellow Employees, Demanding Guests

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue excellent coaching and development of employees.

The Disney part is great but it is retail

Senior Cast Member (Former Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsThe perks were great and being able to work for Disney was nice. They pay well, better then other retail jobs, but they demand more.

ConsIt is still a retail job, it does not change because it is Disney. You have sales goals to meet and you are always trying to sell something to someone. They generally want you to be quite aggressive about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementScheduling needs to be consistent.

Worked for Disney Store? Contribute to the Community!