Disneyland Resort Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Michael Colglazier

Pros
  • Most Cast Members can get up to 3 people in for free 16 times per year (in 7 reviews)

• Great perks including discounts and a free pass into the park (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance really varies from department to department (in 4 reviews)

• Low pay, must work holidays and weekends, most jobs are only part-time (in 5 reviews)

Stores Hostess

Former Employee - Stores Hostess in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Stores Hostess in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disneyland Resort part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits
    Co Workers
    Incentives for doing a good job and meeting sales goals.

Cons

The drive to work, and the traffic

2. QSR Cashier Food and Beverage

Former Employee - Qsr Cashier in West Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Qsr Cashier in West Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disneyland Resort part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with schedule
    Free admission to parks
    Company discounts

Cons

Difficult to get full-time
    Most shifts only 4hrs long
    Usually only work 2 or 3 days a week

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I think you are doing a fantastic job. Maybe get to know each employee in your area a little more. Some management doesn't even know who works for them

3. An Incredible Experience for College Students

Former Employee - Seasonal Cast Member
    Former Employee - Seasonal Cast Member

I worked at Disneyland Resort part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work seasonally
    Amazing perks for seasonal employees (park entrance, complimentary tickets, discounts, etc)
    Potential to move up (I got experience in a seasonal leadership position)
    Amazing environment

Cons

If you drive to work, it can take up to 30 minutes to get from parking to the time clock
    Shift times/locations get switched often and with little notice (i.e. when you show up to work, you may be asked to go back to costuming and work at another location)

Advice to Management

Keep doing the little things you do to keep the magic alive for cast members! It definitely trickles down to the guests.

Solid job, questionable career.

Current Employee - Attractions Host in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Attractions Host in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disneyland Resort part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts and free admissions to the park for you and your friends and family. Good atmosphere and the company treats you well.

Cons

Lackluster wages and hours, the unions tend to not do much for you. Disney look can be very subjective and unfair.

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward your employees more.

Disneyland Anaheim

Current Employee - Park Operations
    Current Employee - Park Operations

I have been working at Disneyland Resort part-time

Pros

Free entry to the park for you almost any time, and with up to 3 guests 16 times a year.

Cons

Scheduling purposely keeps our hours below 28 if we are part time so they would take have to give us benefits. We are not allowed to trade away shifts we don't want. We are not allowed to renegotiate a contract to continue offering competitive wages. I have been with the company for 3 year and people who are just starting are making the same as me! Yearly "raise" is about . 30¢ and we are in some kind of contract that allows disney to bypass the new law in California making employers give earned paid sick time to their employees. Disney is only out for themselves and money. They tell us they can't afford to give us raises or more hours but they are always hiring new people and reporting having higher and higher profit quarters.

Advice to Management

Get off your butts and out of your climate controlled offices and actually do the work that your employees do so you can KNOW what it's like out there in the real crowd and not just what you read on paper.

Cashier

I worked at Disneyland Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free entrance into park, good health benefits, discounts on many things.

Cons

Pay and raises are extremely low, too much favoritism, good people not recognized for hard work. Seniority system lets older workers slack off and never be fired.

Advice to Management

Actually do your job, listen to cast members and stop with the favoritism.

Fun

I worked at Disneyland Resort

Pros

Fun job with great perks (lots of cast member discounts and entry into the park.) Definitely one of the best (paying) roles to have. Plus, it's in the air conditioning!

Cons

Let's face it, if you have a lot of bills to pay, things you want to do/places you want to visit, living on $11.75 isn't going to cut it - either that, or you'll have to choose to make some major sacrifices due to finances. The pay is less than $25,000 a year BEFORE taxes! Also, imagine being 50+ years old like some cast members and still being paid hourly and being told when you can and cannot go on break and clockin in and out for a 30 minute (no more, no less) lunch.

Advice to Management

Interact more with cast members

9. Disney Hotels

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Associate in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Associate in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disneyland Resort full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are great with the union. Yes I have to pay for them $40 a month and the union $40 a month. I am happy with the medical and Kaiser. Dental not the greatest. Getting people into Disneyland is nice. You only can get 3 at a time. I wish they could rework it, because not all families have just three people. Just the same it is nice to have this perk. I like working with most of the guests. That brings me joy in my work at the hotel onstage.

The history of this company is nice to know. We at the Disneyland Resort are the original. The only Park that Walt walked through.

Cons

The rules need to apply to managers as well as cast members. Managers can have expensive meals, bottle drinks etc. HOWEVER if a cast member gets caught eating one grape, they can get fired!!! What message does that say to the cast members. Managers are worthy and we the cast members are not worthy??? If Disneyland does not want the cast members to eat, should that rule apply to everyone? We are told that we the cast members are the magic. Action speaks louder then words!

They use to give us buttons for holidays, etc. I loved the buttons, collected and proudly display them in my room!! Now the buttons are not given out as much. Is Disney loosing that much money on the buttons, they cannot afford to give to the magical cast members?

If Disney can afford to give our President Robert Iger $40 million a year in pay and perks, can Disney find a way to give us buttons???? Again we the cast members create the magic. If Disney appreciates are loyalty, PLEASE remember action speaks louder then words. Being penny wise and dollar foolish, is not very wise. Would Walt approved of this penny pinching behavior???

I have met briefly Michael Colglazier. He seems like a genuine nice man. He is also very very handsome :)

Advice to Management

Please be respectful. I have seen things that just is not right.

Good place

Former Employee - Busser in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Busser in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disneyland Resort

Pros

it was good, i personally would like to go back but idk i am just now talking about the job

Cons

job is pretty good, idk what to talk about now so i will put filler im so sorry

Advice to Management

Listen to you're workers when they wish to change positions!

11. Life as a Disney Cast Member

Former Employee - Attractions Host in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Attractions Host in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disneyland Resort

Pros

It was a fun and unique environment to work in. Free park admission was a nice bonus. The innocence of children was the biggest pro working for the Resort. Seeing their faces light up when they received a birthday button, drove a car at Autopia, or saw one of their favorite characters during a parade.

Cons

The biggest cons working at Disney was the brown nosing and favoritism shown by both shift leads and management. One manager wouldn't even tell me what negative comments were being said about me, when asked, in order to be reinstated into a leadership position. Lack of respect to cast members who are doing what they are trained to do i.e. giving guests free passes negating the rules of what the cast member was trying to enforce.

Advice to Management

Try to be as fair as possible. When looking at trainer positions do not look at a person who's only been employed the minimum requirements to get the position. instead try to promote the person who's endured the job longer and shows true promise and leadership skills. Also, be transparent especially when it comes to coaching and ways to improve behavior or attitudes of cast members. Last, when you're called out on a guest complaint please at least tell the cast member who may have just been following the operating guidelines your decision- being that when you don't it makes them feel undermined.

RSS Feed </> Embed