Distek Integration

Updated July 29, 2014
4.2

Matt Dickinson
1 Rating

Great place to start and stay!

Current Employee - Intern in Cedar Falls, IA
    Current Employee - Intern in Cedar Falls, IA

I have been working at Distek Integration as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Right out of the gates I was assigned to a project with full time employees that was intended for real customers. I wasn't given busy work that others didn't want to do, but real work that mattered. Everyone is so nice and willing to teach you so much and give helpful criticism to improve the quality of your code. It appears that everyone who has been here a long time is very happy with the wages and happy with the benefits.

Cons

I don't think I have run across any negatives yet while here. Everyone seems to be enjoying their job and happy with the work that they do.

Keep up with what you're doing!

Pleasant people, reasonable work, average experience.

I worked at Distek Integration

Pros

The people are DISTek's biggest asset. Everyone was pleasant and easy to work with.

Cons

Your work is largely contracted from other companies, so you may get boring or tedious things to work on. There is limited business growth with this model as well.

Try to build more products instead of taking on more contract work. Employees may feel a greater sense of purpose, and diversifying revenue would be very beneficial.

It's a good place to start your career, but it's only really a stepping stone as there are few advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

I worked at Distek Integration

Pros

Very friendly people that work to develop your skills as a professional.

Cons

The people are very friendly and knowledgeable, however the lack of advancement opportunities and professional development mean that you'll need to look elsewhere after you've established yourself.

Get some feedback from your employees and work to improve things there.

I feel my opinion matters and we all work as a team in this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

I have been working at Distek Integration

Pros

This is a growing company with fantastic people. If you like being challenged in designing and testing software, this is the place to be! Even though we continue to grow, we still try to keep a down to earth attitude and that family oriented feel.

Cons

Because we are a service oriented business, some of our employees have to work at the customers site. This can be considered either a downside or a plus, depending on how you look at it.

Keep up the good work! You do a fantastic job with this company and I wouldn't want to work for anyone else!!