Diversified Investment Advisors

Updated May 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Kunkul

started great but ruined by an incinsiderate employee that management didn't deal with properly

Customer Care (Former Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsGreat training, provided food during busiest times

ConsToo much noise and distractions in the callcenter area

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee complains about another employee being too loud and distracting and it is impacting a good employee negatively do something other than punishing the employee with bad reviews because the distraction and noise is not allowing them to work to their potential

Diversified Investment Advisors (now Transamerica Retirement Solutions)

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsDIA was a good company to work for. Good culture, great people and good benefits. People are hard worker yet knows how to have a good time.

ConsFor a while management didn't know where they were going. They let go of some of their clients when they did not meet the company's parameters based on their assets. When the company lost revenue, they laid off a lot of their employees and made the remaining ones take on the extra work. No career ladder for support staff, only Sales People.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people great company

ConsI don't have any cons

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed it very much despite having to deal with growth pains of the company.

Participant Counselor (Former Employee)

ProsGrowth potential. Fair amount of autonomy.

ConsBureaucracy made doing my job difficult at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a point to get to know remote employees.

Great company!

Relationship Management (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to work; access to senior management; good work/family balance

ConsGrowing quickly, but responding to growth with technology solutions

Asi, Asi...Middle of the Road

Director Client Service (Former Employee) Newton, MA

ProsFlexible Schedule, work from home. Good CFO and President, they are both great leaders but they lack the same leaders in the middle management ranks. You can learn a great deal here! I met some real knowledgeable old timers with 20+ plus years of ret. Industry of exp. most of whom were not in management, but should have been, they are the true backbone of the company and could crank out back office work and were great with clients. I leaned from them and moved on.

ConsMiddle Management is totally incompetent. Lots of patronage in the home office, many promotions based on ability to be in the right clique. Some people work from home all the time and others not granted the right too. Management provides little guidance, it’s a good place to fly below the radar. Account Executives and Sales Reps look good in suits but have very little practical industry knowledge. A good place to get 5 years industry exp and get out. Low paying in many regional offices to the extent that many employees have 2nd jobs. The consulting offices were better compensated according to regional economies of scale. I understand now a full subsidiary of Transamerica, which may be a good thing organizationally.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeside what you want to be when you grow up. A niche player with marginal systems will only be a vaible option in the managed outsourced business until about 2020. After that you business model will no longer be cost effective.

Started out as an okay gig, but soured

Retirement Plan Specialist (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsAs a field employee, there was little to no supervision. I was able to set my own schedule. The job provides a base salary and stability (uncommon in financial services).

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. Sales incentive program committed the cardinal sins of being capped and punishing success by raising sales goals. Anyone mildly ambitious will chafe.

Management bent over backwards to keep clients happy -- and not in a good way. I was "sold out" on more than one occasion to unreasonable client demands.

Most people have been here a long time, which says great things about the work atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Harrison, NY

ProsGood people, pay and benefits are fine, flexible schedules and work arrangements, nice to work close to Manhattan, but not in it.

ConsGrowing quickly and cutting staff cannot go on into eternity, invest more in the right place for the furture

Adequate.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Natick, MA

ProsIt was an okay experience within the time I was there and an okay experience overall. Gained some insight on the industry.

ConsSome people weren't really friendly or approachable. People were only concerned about themselves. Not really a "team" environment at DIA.

Good training ground for retirement plan industry.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Harrison, NY

ProsFast paced environment, empowered employees, good collaboration among peers

ConsManagement provides little guidance or coaching and very limited career opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more coaching and carve out career paths for employees whether these involve promotions or lateral moves.

Worked for Diversified Investment Advisors? Contribute to the Community!