Diversified Systems Resources

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014
2.0

John H Bond

Good place to get a start in IT

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at Diversified Systems Resources as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The company has experienced a lot of growth recently and needs good people.They will hire and train you without much, if any, experience. Working at DSR you feel like part of a family. It's a great place to get your feet wet in the world of networking and technology.

Cons

Relatively low pay results in high turnover for capable and experienced employees. The people who stick around to fill the gaps are hit or miss. There are some very good supervisors and team leads, and some very bad ones. Constant gamesmanship. Management decisions are opaque and promotion decisions can be based on connections rather than competence.

Provide pay raises commensurate with market wages if you don't want to lose your best employees. Create an HR department to manage personnel issues.

Awful, awful company

Former Employee - Developer  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Developer in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at Diversified Systems Resources as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Being fired to protect a manager's incompetent, deceitful ways was the best thing that could have happened to me at DSR.

Cons

Management is hired from within a (cess)pool of family and friends. My manager could have possibly been the worst human being in Bartlesville. Oklahoma is an "At will" state, so an employee can leave at any time and a company can let you go any time. Instead of just letting me go, this manager had to conjure up a reason so he could keep his job, so he lied and slandered me just because he was a failure at managing. There was no sense of "team" at DSR. Everyone just stepped on and walked over others just to clamer their way to management. Even people who have been there for years and do a very good job are treated terribly. Management would rather pick up someone off the street to replace you than give you a well deserved raise. Don't work here unless you have no other options. If you do have to work here, keep looking for something better.

There is nothing I could say here that management would consider doing, but here it is. Stop being so greedy and treat others with respect. You need your employees more than they need you.

Grown from a small family company to a large company with Family management, doesn't work.

Former Employee - Senior Technician  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at Diversified Systems Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy workflow. Pick your own hours. Nice view if you have a window seat.

Cons

Management believes in Promoting friends of the family with no experience over others with full backgrounds in the required position. No benefits outside of healthcare that employee has to pay more into yearly than most other companies in the area. Supervision would rather tell you that your wrong and punish you, than assist with guiding you to the correct path.

No defined company parking spots, must park in either a church parking lot or a community center parking lot.

Overlooking bad employees and allowing complete freedom to those that are friends of the family.

If you get a job here, make sure you are best friends with someone in management for a free ride.

Hire management people with real major business management skills. A former lawyer is not enough to manage 350+ employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fair place to work, needs major improvement in all areas.

Current Employee - Senior Technician  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Technician in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Diversified Systems Resources

Pros

DSR is a decent place to work, however they do have their problems at times. They are quick to fix an issue that you are having with your PC or phone etc. They approve vacation without any questions most of the time.

Cons

Over the last 4 years they have modified their policies. The largest being attendance because they were too cowardly to discipline the few people who were problematic, so they punished everyone. First they went to 160 hour limit, if you crossed that number, the consequence was to have your employment terminated. Many people got close, a few even exceeded it and were rewarded with about 10 hours and told not to miss anymore time. A few were even terminated and then hired back the very next day, which is very hypocritical. In 2011 they hauled in all the troublemakers, those who got close to the 160 hour limit into meetings. The upper echelon of management lectured those who got close and then changed the policy to 80 hours. Added a new policy of not being late over 30 minutes - 3 times or else you were to be terminated. Could not be late more than an hour in 4 weeks. They really created an attendance monster as some of my colleagues have put it.

We have also asked for DIRECT DEPOSIT many times over the years, because we are a technology company and its silly for them to not offer such a benefit. They make us line up like cattle every other Friday at 4:00 PM to gather our payroll checks. They take a ridiculously long time to hire someone on with full time status/benefits and many of us believe it is due to the recent political climate.

Management structure needs to be changed because there is a great deal of micromanaging on daily basis and at times a great deal of communication trouble. Our internal systems tend to go down quite often. Pay is very meager for the type of work that we do. Asking for a raise is very difficult and others have been given generous raises without even asking. If you ask, good luck getting one, it'll be approximately 50 cents at best....

There is not a real Human Resources department. There are never any internal job postings to allow for company advancement. They will pick and choose at their own discretion.

The company has many flaws. They hire many unqualified people.

Management structure needs to change, the President and Vice President shouldn't have to worry whats going on with the floor, leave that to the responsibility of your managers below. It only makes the job more stressful for them.

Working at DSR had been "OK"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Diversified Systems Resources

Pros

DSR really does care about it about its employees, they provide everything someone needs to perform their job ranging from pencils and paper to computers and monitors that need to be replaced. The environment is good and people seem to try to make it feel almost like a family.

Cons

DSR has slowly moved from being all about customer care and completing the current job at hand with the best effort to taking as many calls as you can so customers do have to wait, even if you are in the middle of trying resolve another trouble call.
    No incentive to perform beyond your job description. When you enter as a Technical Analyst, there really isn't much room to grow or advance within the company.
    No Internal job postings.

More personnel is needed to balance out the load of incoming calls.
    Better supervision for the floor supervisors. There have been times when the shift supervisor has left their desk while staying in "Available" status to go to one of the local restaurants when techs are trying to IM or email them for advise/help.
    Better Management structure.

Worked for Diversified Systems Resources? Contribute to the Community!