Divisions Maintenance Group

1 Rating

1. Great Company to work at Unless you report to the CEO

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY

I worked at Divisions Maintenance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good flexibility, great people to work with, good work/life balance

Cons

If you are going to report to the President, Gary Mitchell, just say no and find a job somewhere else. Technology is frustrating but not terrible

Advice to Management

Find someone else to lead the Company and let Gary be an individual contributor, no direct reports.

2. My Experience

Current Employee - Humble Employee in Newport, KY
    Current Employee - Humble Employee in Newport, KY

I have been working at Divisions Maintenance Group full-time

Pros

The ability to take ownership of something and see a real difference hard work can make on the appearance or service to a property. I like being out in the field instead of an office building. The technology is constantly improving and being worked on to improve and we get new apple products to assist us in our jobs.

Cons

The corporate office teams are full of Managers & Coordinators with almost zero knowledge or understanding about the services we provide. They are bright, educated people, but that doesn't help when they haven't worked in landscaping, snow removal, plumbing, etc. We should be getting more training about the industry & services we work in. There seems to be a big divided between the corporate team and field team.

Advice to Management

More Training for office & field. Have experts assist the specific service when we are bidding on the RFP.

3. Excellent company, tremendous growth opportunity!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Excellent opportunity for career growth. Extremely competent management. They KNOW the industry. Top notch compensation structure! Cutting Edge Technology. Facilitates an entrepreneurial spirit!

Cons

Sometimes problems with Technology can be frustrating in the field. On call 24/7 during Snow Removal Season. Could provide Facility Management certification program.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work! You inspire the field team to grow the company everyday. Please continue to focus on providing additional support to the field.

5. Fast growing company, without the proper planning/staffing

Pros

Great pay and benefits Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Office politics as far as advancing within the company No training for corporate office employees Not enough staffing for the increasing workload

Advice to Management

n/a

RSS Feed </> Embed