Dixie Exterminators

Most Employees Have Worked At Dixie between 10 to 30 Years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Dixie Exterminators full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Dixie has been in business for 50 years and the majority of Employees and Clients are Long Term more than 15 years. I have been with the company over 25 years and have found that the Company has high standards regarding the quality of services performed for Clients and does what is necessary to protect their reputation. During State Inspections the company always receives a 100 for compliance due to owner's requirement of detail. If an employee doesn't perform they are disciplined. The company pays well above Industry competitors due to high standard requirements. The company also has Benefits including Major Medical, Dental, Optical, Life, Aflac Insurances and a simple Retirement plan with Franklin Templeton which is more than what alot of companies supply during these economic times.

Cons

A lot of paperwork but due to Industry, and State Regulatory Agencies and laws cannot go paperless. The Industry software used by this company is complicated and at times frustrating. You must have alot of computer knowledge and be able to stay educated on updates.

Save Your Time, Stay Strong with your job hunt!! Dead Ends, Frustration, AWAIT!

Former Employee - Utility  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Utility in Marietta, GA

I worked at Dixie Exterminators full-time for less than a year

Pros

So few to mention...I will say this. When issues arise that force you to leave work or stay out, they are understanding. The job does not take away from your personal life, you do work a few long days but you have some short ones as well, so it all balances out.

Cons

Management is horrible, we are talking, all the way to the top..the owner. If you are familiar with the Pest Control Industry, how does a business that has been around since 1963 fail to grow during the HUGE boom in the Atlanta market over the past few decades...one answer..extremely poor management. Long story short, I was hired on with MANY promises and visions of grandeur as to the income I would make. Let's just say, I barely paid for my gas to get to and from work. They find loopholes in the system to get free labor out of what would otherwise being paying jobs at most companies in the Pest Industry. What they call 'incentives' to create sales quotas, is more like humiliation and punishment to the technicians that work so hard at what they do. How about if you don't make 'quota' you have your company vehicle taken away, a 5% cut in your salary, how about they stop contributing to your health insurance....just a few of their 'incentives' for you to sell. I could go on and on, but let me leave it at this, after nearly a decade in the industry and working for small companies and large ones, this is BY FAR the most mismanaged, abomination that I have ever worked for. I would rather deliver pizzas or work at McDonalds than work for this company again.

Take a look a yourselves. All the shortcomings that this company has seen over the last few decades, stop blaming and humiliating/degrading your employees. Leadership, job value, starts with YOU. If you screw your employees on their pay, if you threaten them, make them lose their job security, what kind of environment are you fostering? If you take a look at the best companies out there, with the least turnover, where moral is high and people love coming to work....those employees are respected, have their dignity in tact, and are paid properly. Most times they
    reciprocate. If they are treated like they are golden, they will treat your business likewise. Maybe your employees don't need to do something different...YOU DO.

Worked for Dixie Exterminators? Contribute to the Community!