Dixon Hughes Goodman

Dixon Hughes Goodman Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Dixon Hughes Goodman CEO Matt Snow

Matt Snow

Pros:
  • "Management really caters to your work-life balance"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Great pay, very nice people who are willing to help you always"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Busy season is going to be rough but they'll reward you afterwards"
    in 8 reviews
  • "The firm is trying very hard to become a regional mirror of the big 4 model, which is undesirable to some employees"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not what you expect

ProsThey do a great job at attracting people to work.

ConsThey treat interns better than there employees. This office loses talent for bad mgmt.

Work experience at entry level was just okay. This co is good for experienced auditor who could bring their expertise in

Audit Associate (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

Pros- CPA review course expenses were reimbursed to employees.
     - Offered with overtime pay
     - Some of the co-workers are friendly to work with.

Cons- In two instances, there were lack of communication between team members and management which led to confusion during the finalized stage.
     - Got to manage playing politics on top of handling audit engagement efficiently.

Advice to Senior Management- Provide effective training to employees at entry level.
     - Employee retention program should be enhanced to retain employees with great quality.

Has the potential to be a great company

Associate - FTG Client Services (Current Employee)

ProsGreat health and dental benefits, 401k and flexible work schedule

ConsThe office that I work in people are not very friendly. There are cliques in the office and if your not part of these cliques you may feel excluded. If you are a minority you really feel excluded.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvise your staff to welcome everyone as a person and don't look down on other's because of status, race or ethnicity. Provide more diversity training and maybe try hiring more minorities.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work but moving toward big 4 mentality.

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    Asheville, NC

ProsEnjoyable group of people to work with. Technology and training better than average. Strong ethics.

ConsMoving towards Big 4 corporate culture minus the name recognition. Talk more about work life balance than put it into practice...more work less life. Small annual raises.

Positive Culture

Tax Manager (Current Employee)

ProsA positive firm culture that encourages communication. The leadership invests time and money to get everyone trained for their position and industry specialty. Partners encourage client interaction at all levels and few act as if they own a client since all clients belong to the firm not any one individual. The firm attracts top talent as well as large clients with complex and interesting projects. The choice to specialize in select industries has fostered growth as clients seek out this firm for their depth of expertise that is supported by the firms national network of specialists that are continuously looking for new and innovating ways to assist clients and plan for changes that affect clients in each specialty niche.

ConsCompensation and bonuses are below competitors in the area for positions above staff level. However, the excellent benefit plan helps to make up some of the difference. Sometimes partners don't do everything necessary to retain top talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementRewarding existing employees in a way that is competitive with other public accounting firms would help retention and save time and money spent on recruiting for experienced CPAs.

Great company

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

ProsAwesome at what they do

ConsI dont have any cons

Great benefits in an environment of constant change

ProsExcellent health, dental, and other benefits plus abundant PTO. Message from the top is to do the right thing. Top notch training and resources available.

ConsRaises should be more competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises and bonus should be more competitive with peer firms.

Administration is treated very poorly

Firm Administration (Former Employee)

ProsDecent amount of PTO first year.

ConsNo communication at all, No training, No respect for the Administration. Management thinks you are a mind reader and their maid also. People are too lazy to clean up after themselves and treat you like a robot with no feelings.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees and try to realize they are human. Listen to what they say rather than ignoring everything and still running the place like its 1980. No need for all the paper and need to learn to use the computer programs properly which would cut down on lots of time. The Florida office is a revolving door. Get a clue!

I love where I work

Tax Associate (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

Pros-The people I work with are very supportive
    -There's an open door policy, and I work with and communicate with partners very often
    -I'm challenged and encouraged to learn and apply what I've learned to each engagement. I don't ever feel like one mistake will make me lose my job.
    -I sit down on a weekly basis to get review notes over what could be improved- it's not necessary, but my seniors and managers want me to learn
    -I don't feel like I'm just another person in a crowd. DHG has the great ability of making me feel like I'm valuable and not just some android built to spit out tax returns
    -I have worked on a very wide array of engagements. I was thrown into assignments right out of the gate that would be classified as senior level work

Cons-Even though it's not so bad where I'm at, there are still office politics all over the place
    -We had a lot of people leave recently

DHG is a Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsDHG has a great culture. It's a place where people really care about your success and truly work to help you grow in your career. Benefits are great and opportunities for growth are significant.

ConsSome times the firm is not as progressive as maybe it should be to connect with my generation. Also, there is not consistency between the offices in what they offer employees. Some offices have casual attire while others allow business dress only. Also the daily benefits such as free drinks and fun activities varies/

Advice to Senior ManagementBe authentic! I really like the way some of the partners have begun tweeting.

Worked for Dixon Hughes Goodman? Contribute to the Community!

Dixon Hughes Goodman Videos

Dixon Hughes Goodman – Why Work for Us?

Our Culture With Dixon Hughes Goodman you get the best of both worlds. We have the warm, friendly, welcoming environment people seek in smaller firms, yet we have the resources and advancement opportunities of a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dixon Hughes Goodman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dixon Hughes Goodman CEO Matt Snow. All 57 reviews posted anonymously by Dixon Hughes Goodman employees.