Do & Co

1 Rating

It's a job!

Former Employee - Kitchen Helper in Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Kitchen Helper in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Do & Co (less than an year)

Pros

If you're looking to get back to work, This job hands out jobs to almost anyone. No experience is needed

Cons

Like I said, they hand out jobs to everyone! Even felons. Why in the world would you hand a set of knives to convicted felons and gang members?!

If you expect all the work to be done in a short amount of time, How about giving some of these people a raise?

getting paid what you deserve...how can someone expect to get paid hundreds of $ when they only have to do mindless job

Current Employee - Silverware Packer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Silverware Packer in New York, NY

I have been working at Do & Co full-time (less than an year)

Pros

union,paid vac, OK meals. The work environment is fun, once you do your job nobody bother you.I been here for 7 months working in silverware dept. I like that i work by myself.

Cons

low paid. not clean, have to always fight to get what you need to do your flight. not enough money but i like the place.

former Employee in management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Do & Co full-time

Pros

-personally, my starting salary was not that bad.
    -Luckily if as an office position, work environment is good and schedule is better than production, which I found it's not fair at all.
    -Good Company Reputation, but seems only in Europe
    Good workers (in lower positions) teamwork, but no room to go advance

Cons

1. Very mis organization place/ most managers are from oversea, who they have no cure about american culture or policy or no respect. They come and make a mess and leave routinely.
    2. Hire too many younger staffs, less to no experience in higher positions. Especially, if you are european, would be treated favored.
    3. Very bad Communication from any managements. And turnover is super high ( quicker than changing the shoes)
    4. Again, this company is too much european who believe they are better, no respect for (local-usa) culture and laws. (one reason, the place is so messy)

Only for oversea managements - plan your professional things before you come to manage any local units, then speak out/ show some good manners, so your employees can perform effectively as you wish. Respect where your business growth and employees, then you probably could stop getting head from people too fast quit.

Oatmeal Better than No meal......Its a job!!!!!

Current Employee - Driver in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Driver in New York, NY

I have been working at Do & Co full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hourly rate when once you reach Overtime fo the week.They give u food if your lucky enough to get a meal break,but your better off ordering take out.

Cons

Where do I start?let me see,I'll try to keep this short. The pay is to low,chaotic enviornment,no lunch break even though the company insist on taking a 1/2 hour out of your pay daily.supervisors seem to be more lost than week old employees,upper management has no respect for anyone that gets paid per hour,instead of promoting from within the comany they hire people who know nothing of the work then after a week of training put them as supervisors.ect.. I colud keep going but why bother.the only thing good about this place is that if u dont mind working 60+ hours a week to survive u can do it here.

keep up the overtime or your gonna loose alot of employees alot faster.

Arrogant europeans have a chip on their shoulders towards Americans

Current Employee - Flight Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Flight Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Do & Co full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are fed during your shift, although it isn't the best food it really isn't terrible. You get a company car for driving to the airport, unless they ran out due to poor planning.

Cons

Your work schedule is based entirely on the flight schedule of the airline you're working with minimal room to play with. The overall attitude of management is negative towards the locals.

Look at the turnover rate for flight coordinators, that should be in indicator of how they're being treated.

Worst employer I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Management in Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Management in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Do & Co full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay for managers is competitive.

Cons

Complete chaos. The place is a mess. Equipment is broken. Employees are miserable. Very long hours. No respect for employees. Turn over is absurd. Management puts on a show for auditors. When not being audited there is a complete disregard for food safety and cleanliness. I literally saw people pull food out of garbage cans to be used for service. No standards. Lack of communication. Everyone is a scapegoat for the disaster. It's truly a shame. I would not recommend eating their food.

Chef

Former Employee - Chef in Vienna (Austria)
    Former Employee - Chef in Vienna (Austria)

I worked at Do & Co full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

your always on the go, you can see the world, and you learn a lot

Cons

you work very hard, 14-16 hour days with formula 1, girls feet would bleed from the shoes they had to put on. You have to want it.

There not always right. but even with all the work and blood, I loved it.

Not a long term career move.

Current Employee - Flight Coordinator
    Current Employee - Flight Coordinator

I have been working at Do & Co full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They feed you, but not the gourmet food they serve to the airlines

Cons

Very long hours and disorganized management who expect you to know everything without proper training. Most employees leave after 3-6 months, unless you are on the 90-day termination list. European culture that doesn't blend well in America.

Give more training to new employees and don't make it a one-way street for the company. Also don't make your displeasure towards Americans so apparent.

Very Low rent for a supposedly prestige catering company

Current Employee - Driver in Feltham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Driver in Feltham, England (UK)

I have been working at Do & Co full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They feed you during your shift.

Cons

LONG hours, LOW pay, management doesnt have a clue. There is little communication and much of this stands from nobody speaks the same language.

Listen to the people who are actually doing the work. Stop promoting non qualified people to lead positions. Communication is key . My last event was a nightmare. Looked like a bunch of monkeys runnning around with a surfboard(NOT A CLUE).

Get in and Get out

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist

I have been working at Do & Co

Pros

The company allows its employees to learn all aspects of the company and how it operates. The pay is good compared to others companies in the area.

Cons

The location of Do&Co is sketchy and it doesn't appear to be a luxurious company that it is. The hours are terrible many of the salary workers basically live at the facility. The communication between executives, salaried employees and hourly workers is terrible, I haven't received a single good review from any of the employees. The facility is cold, the management has no loyalty to their employees and the entire staff is made of Hispanic workers. Sometimes it feels like the money isn't worth the mess that Do&Co has going on.

Please offer a more diverse working staff and show a little more appreciation to people who are actually doing their jobs.