Do & Co

Do & Co Founder Attila Dogudan

Attila Dogudan

It's a job!

Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsIf you're looking to get back to work, This job hands out jobs to almost anyone. No experience is needed

ConsLike I said, they hand out jobs to everyone! Even felons. Why in the world would you hand a set of knives to convicted felons and gang members?!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you expect all the work to be done in a short amount of time, How about giving some of these people a raise?

getting paid what you deserve...how can someone expect to get paid hundreds of $ when they only have to do mindless job

Silverware Packer (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosunion,paid vac, OK meals. The work environment is fun, once you do your job nobody bother you.I been here for 7 months working in silverware dept. I like that i work by myself.

Conslow paid. not clean, have to always fight to get what you need to do your flight. not enough money but i like the place.

former Employee in management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jamaica, NY

Pros-personally, my starting salary was not that bad.
    -Luckily if as an office position, work environment is good and schedule is better than production, which I found it's not fair at all.
    -Good Company Reputation, but seems only in Europe
    Good workers (in lower positions) teamwork, but no room to go advance

Cons1. Very mis organization place/ most managers are from oversea, who they have no cure about american culture or policy or no respect. They come and make a mess and leave routinely.
    2. Hire too many younger staffs, less to no experience in higher positions. Especially, if you are european, would be treated favored.
    3. Very bad Communication from any managements. And turnover is super high ( quicker than changing the shoes)
    4. Again, this company is too much european who believe they are better, no respect for (local-usa) culture and laws. (one reason, the place is so messy)

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly for oversea managements - plan your professional things before you come to manage any local units, then speak out/ show some good manners, so your employees can perform effectively as you wish. Respect where your business growth and employees, then you probably could stop getting head from people too fast quit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oatmeal Better than No meal......Its a job!!!!!

Driver (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHourly rate when once you reach Overtime fo the week.They give u food if your lucky enough to get a meal break,but your better off ordering take out.

ConsWhere do I start?let me see,I'll try to keep this short. The pay is to low,chaotic enviornment,no lunch break even though the company insist on taking a 1/2 hour out of your pay daily.supervisors seem to be more lost than week old employees,upper management has no respect for anyone that gets paid per hour,instead of promoting from within the comany they hire people who know nothing of the work then after a week of training put them as supervisors.ect.. I colud keep going but why bother.the only thing good about this place is that if u dont mind working 60+ hours a week to survive u can do it here.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the overtime or your gonna loose alot of employees alot faster.

Arrogant europeans have a chip on their shoulders towards Americans

Flight Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou are fed during your shift, although it isn't the best food it really isn't terrible. You get a company car for driving to the airport, unless they ran out due to poor planning.

ConsYour work schedule is based entirely on the flight schedule of the airline you're working with minimal room to play with. The overall attitude of management is negative towards the locals.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the turnover rate for flight coordinators, that should be in indicator of how they're being treated.

Worst employer I've ever worked for.

Management (Former Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsPay for managers is competitive.

ConsComplete chaos. The place is a mess. Equipment is broken. Employees are miserable. Very long hours. No respect for employees. Turn over is absurd. Management puts on a show for auditors. When not being audited there is a complete disregard for food safety and cleanliness. I literally saw people pull food out of garbage cans to be used for service. No standards. Lack of communication. Everyone is a scapegoat for the disaster. It's truly a shame. I would not recommend eating their food.

Chef

Chef (Former Employee) Vienna (Austria)

Prosyour always on the go, you can see the world, and you learn a lot

Consyou work very hard, 14-16 hour days with formula 1, girls feet would bleed from the shoes they had to put on. You have to want it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere not always right. but even with all the work and blood, I loved it.

International Event Catering

Area Manager (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsChance to work worldwide at TOP Events & learn the structure & systems behind the scenes - meet young people from all over the world

ConsLong workhours & sometimes physically hard work

Advice to Senior Managementget your eyes on the human capital

Not a long term career move.

Flight Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsThey feed you, but not the gourmet food they serve to the airlines

ConsVery long hours and disorganized management who expect you to know everything without proper training. Most employees leave after 3-6 months, unless you are on the 90-day termination list. European culture that doesn't blend well in America.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more training to new employees and don't make it a one-way street for the company. Also don't make your displeasure towards Americans so apparent.

Very Low rent for a supposedly prestige catering company

Driver (Current Employee) Feltham, England (UK)

ProsThey feed you during your shift.

ConsLONG hours, LOW pay, management doesnt have a clue. There is little communication and much of this stands from nobody speaks the same language.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who are actually doing the work. Stop promoting non qualified people to lead positions. Communication is key . My last event was a nightmare. Looked like a bunch of monkeys runnning around with a surfboard(NOT A CLUE).

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Do & Co? Contribute to the Community!