Do it Best

Updated Apr 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Taylor

Intern: great company to work for with lots of perks and fun people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsOpen door policy, very friendly and relaxed environment, fun culture, fair pay, lost of perks, really care about employees.

ConsHard to advance in some positions, some managers are difficult to get in contact with when needed.

Best employer I've ever had

Inventory Control Worker (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsOwners of the store are nice.
    Coworkers are good at their jobs.
    No unreasonable expctattions.

ConsLow pay rate.
    One of the floor managers makes jokes about safety.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more of an emphasis on safety,

Excellent Company to work for

Sales Management (Former Employee)

ProsVery focused company that has the majority of the employees working toward a common goal of helping the member owners of the buying group grow their business.

ConsThere are very few cons to working at Do it Best. If your work hard good things will happen

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Co-Op

Repack Worker (Former Employee) Medina, OH

ProsDecent pay above minimum wage, Friday's off, free luncheons, friendly coworkers, and fast-paced but not stressful.

ConsVarying hours, 7am to 6pm sometimes, on your feet all day, and heavy lifting.

A fiscally conservative and stable company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

Pros-The fiscal stability of this company provides peace of mind
    -Hourly pay grades are higher than you'd expect
    -Retirement/Pension plan is impressive
    -Flex scheduling is useful
    -Employees can purchase from the warehouse (at member cost = ~10% markup, not actual cost)
    -Numerous employee discounts from local/national businesses
    -Profit sharing is a nice bonus

Cons-Fiscal conservatism stifles innovation
    -Employees are all "lifers" which means opportunity for advancement can be limited
    -Ultra religious environment
    -Dress code is business casual
    -Attendance policy is very strict
    -A very cliquey company....if you're not in the clique, you're not going to advance
    -Salaried employees get preferential treatment

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more respect to your hourly employees. Too often your "efforts" to connect with us come across as insincere.

Tea party manager

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Montgomery, NY

Prosgood wage, 40 hr work week, profit sharing, acceptable insurance plan

ConsRSC manager is an admitted "Libertarian" what this means: since 2007:
    Labor force has declined by about 25 to 30 people. Members added: between 40 to 45. members now allowed to order throughout the day. The lack of replacing the people who left has resulted in a extravagant decline in morale and increased demand of production. The manager is more concerned with production, rather than quality. To quote a fired employee, "We are just a number." Supervisors simply sit in front of a computer all day, attending trivial meetings, and place current production sheets on tables, in front of people, on there break, also known as antagonize. The CEO of the company should not consult the American budget, specifically welfare recipients, when he has enacted a tea party approach, which is better known as Darwinism. Consider hiring those people you put down and inmprove the unemployment rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the current "libertarian" or "tea party" approach and replace with people whom have degrees in business management.

Former employee

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) Woodburn, OR

ProsStable company, consistent work and benifits

Consphysically demanding, few opurtunities for older, experienced employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore emphasis for experiece over productivity for older employees.

A good summer job that pays well.

Truck Loader/Loop Operator (Former Employee) Medina, OH

ProsThey care about you as an employee and pay well.

ConsLong hours, sometimes there all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to streamline the warehouse so everything runs more smoothly.

A great place to that promotes employee's succession inside and outside of the company.

Warehouse Stocking/Replenishing & Backup Leadership Team (Current Employee) Woodburn, OR

Pros-quick pay raise program
    -great culture
    -tuition reimbursement
    -team dynamics
    -teaches great work ethic and habit strength
    -debt free company

Cons-little career advancement opportunities
    -some strict policies
    -not a wide wage range
    -lack of innovative tools to make processes easier
    -lack of consistent processes e.g. (Training staff)

Advice to Senior Managementwork on developing consistent processes and improving tools to make jobs easier at least at the Woodburn,OR RSC

Low Pay- Good Benefits- Chasm Between Haves and Have Nots

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsReally strong benefit plan- they try to make up for minimal weekly pay with carrot of good retirement. May work for some.

ConsPay for most is well below average, except for select management team members who make out like bandits. We are talking exceptional - I mean extravagant- differentials in compensation between the select few and the masses.

HR department is poorly managed, evasive, self-interested and non-supportive of those outside "the clique". To those who cross the HR manager: your time is limited- she will work behind the scenes against you- the one thing she is very good at.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart being honest with yourselves about how much better you can and should pay others in the organization- you know how big the discrepancies are, and it's extraordinary. If average employees knew- they would revolt. This is a cash rich company, and can do so much better in this regard.

Worked for Do it Best? Contribute to the Community!