Doble Engineering Company

4.2

Doble Engineering Company President David B. Zabetakis
David B. Zabetakis

1. Featured Review

Doble is a great place to work! Open door policy, great benefits and the best talent ever!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are Doble's biggest asset. Senior Management does a great job recognizing and rewarding its employees! Awesome performance bonus plan and paid out in time for the holidays! The president has an open door policy, always has M&Ms and even wears his cowboy boots whenever possible.

Cons

Due to tenured employees, which is a great thing sometimes it is challenging to introduce new ideas.

Continue to keep things fresh and recognize you employees. We are proud to be Doble employees.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Doble offers great benefits and competitive pay from day 1! I love that they care so much about wellness and are open to fresh new ideas, even enhancing current ones. Work life balance is valued hear and the atmosphere is family oriented and casual. Great people, on-site cafe-great food, overall great company to work for

Cons

Depending on position and manager, promotions from within are sometimes limited.

Be more involved in team meetings, communication doesn't always flow over to all people/departments involved.

a company that could be actually great, but keeps falling short of its potential due to resistance to change.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company

Pros

excellent heritage, excellent brains, technology, enthusiasm of employees, customers, partners, stable, good employee benefits, subsidized and good onsite cafeteria in HQ in Watertown with a nice fresh variety of foods, nice people. Consulting services business is fantastic, probably the best part of the company as well as the client service engineers and the insulated materials lab. product management, especially software is poorly managed which is why products are very late in coming out to market. excellent events, has been for years and years. Been attending for decades.

Cons

leadership resistance to change, they do not act like a product or service company but as a fragmented academic institution. Fragmented silo organization with favorites and lots and lots of politics for a pretty small company. Could be a great company but leadership lacks strategic leadership and enterprise management skills. ESCO doesnt really know what is going on at Doble, but we keep moving along somehow. Engineering is badly managed, with too much pressure from the president to meet unrealistic and dishonest deadlines.

get a seasoned CEO instead of or in addition to a president that does not know how to run a business and micromanages and intimidates his executives and everyone else, he reached his limit, although he did a great job for the last 5 years in terms of bringing Doble out of a rut, but now he does not have the skills to move to the next level.
    Cut the favoritism and create an equal playing field.

Current Employee - Technician in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Technician in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at this company for sometime now and I must say, they are very understanding and offer a flexible work scheduled whenever possible. Team meetings are scheduled on a regular basis to keep the communication lines open between management and employees. The environment is casual and people are friendly.

Cons

The building is fairly old and with that, some of the tools and software are outdated.

Leadership does a great job listening and communicating where we are at and where we want to go! However, accountability isn't always there company-wide, focus more on this.

Technical Sales Intern

Former Intern - Technical Sales Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Technical Sales Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Doble Engineering Company as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly Atmosphere
    Company Values Each Employee

Cons

Lack of tasks to complete at times

Dec 3, 2014President

We are always looking at ways to improve our intern program and value the feedback our interns provide. We will continue to enhance and grow the program so our interns gain valuable experience during ... More

Great Leadership, very solid organization!

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is well known and respected as a market leader in the electric power industry. People are always approaching us at conferences, trade shows, training seminars asking us how to get a position here.
    Very family friendly, the company goes above and beyond for its employees. Company supports your individual development for continued career growth.

Cons

integrating new systems and processes

you do a good job listening to all levels for suggestions, please keep doing that.

Dec 3, 2014President

Thank you for your contribution to making Doble a great place to work, I appreciate your feedback and will continue to listen!

Great Place to work

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay
    Excellent benefits from 1 day of work
    Excellent work environment

Cons

Not enough training
    Not a great management team

Be more involved in the day to day and make sure that employees receive the adequate training

Dec 3, 2014President

I’m so pleased that you appreciate the work environment at Doble. We strive to make it a great place to come to each day. I appreciate your candid comments. Training and development are critical to ... More

Career path progression, tuition reimbursement. The wellness benefits include on site yoga.

Current Employee - Client Service Engineer in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Client Service Engineer in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, fair and competitive wages. Opportunity to grow and develop within the company. Employees friendly and welcoming. Cafeteria and Chef on site. Offers work/life balance.

Cons

At times there seems to be lack of accountability in management.

Continue communication and open door policy.

Stable and reputable company. Competitive benefits and compensation, they take great care of their employees.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leader in the industry. Doble employees are proud. The environment and flexibility encourages teamwork and motivates. The employees are valued. Best place I have worked thus far.

Cons

Due to time off especially in the summer, some departments are temporarily short staffed.

Management does a great job and works in collaboration. Communication is good but there is room for improvement.

Very up and down.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company

Pros

The work life balance is good because exempt employees receive unlimited sick days. The bonus plan is usually paid out in full. Doble pays out unused sick time at year end as well.

Cons

Management has the inability to make final decisions. There is a growing gap in multiple way between upper management and the rest of employees. Compensation practices are not always fair. Much of the management staff does not seem to know what they're doing.

Management training. Challenge us. If we don't have goals we don't know what we're supposed to be working towards. We don't know how we tie into the EBIT. Give us goals we can achieve on our own so we can feel satisfied with the work we've accomplished.

Doble Engineering Company Photos