Doctors Express

Love working here

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Saugus, MA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Saugus, MA

I have been working at Doctors Express part-time

Pros

Learn many many new things, fast pace urgent care, friendly staff and doctors.

Cons

no full time or benefits

should give raises instead of hiring new employees.

No Job security

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Doctors Express full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fast -paced and interesting patient interactions.

Cons

I have several years of experience of being a medical assistant, however I got fired after 3 weeks. I was expected to float between 3 clinics and learn what each physician wanted for their work flow. The lead MA would always put me on front desk so I was never able to learn what the doctors wanted. I had 3 official days of training, then went to a regular full time schedule. The owner of the company is a passive aggressive micromanager and the head clinic manager is unsupportive. One of the clinic manager, who has only been there for 1 months, did not agree with the decision and has put in her 2 week notice. She did not think they treated me fairly and understand that even though I have a great resume there is always a learning curve when you start a new job.

Better training procedures, give positive feedback/critique before letting an employee go. If they don't know what was wrong then it can be fixed and prove that you are of value to the company. Stop hiring inexperienced externs for an acute care setting.

Only job that I ever left dissatisfied!

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Doctors Express full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company has changed management so I know now it is much better.

Cons

It was a beautiful facility.

Only let investors with medical backgrounds manage your facilities.

Great Company and Business Model, Poor Executive Management (Ownership)

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Doctors Express part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Composed of a very supportive staff, accommodating of employees. Also staff is aware of the needs and desires of customers, service oriented faculty.

Cons

Owners are removed from the necessities of the staff and business and have driven away many employees including Medical Directors and Managers. They too emphasis on social status, though well meaning it is perhaps misguided. Nepotism was running rampant and the family's failures were taken out on the staff.

Remove yourself from the daily goings on of management or integrate yourself further with the staff and company.

Drs. Express Nightmare, Hamilton Township, NJ

Former Employee - Radiography Tech/Front Desk Reception in Hamilton Square, NJ
    Former Employee - Radiography Tech/Front Desk Reception in Hamilton Square, NJ

I worked at Doctors Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees were very nice and helpful

Cons

Owner was horrible. Verbally abusive. Follows everyone around telling them what they do wrong all day, keeps place 64 degrees (employees wear multiple layers of clothing), no breaks, work 13 hr days, lucky if you get 10 minutes for lunch. Understaffed and under paid.

Hire more employees, train more than 30 hrs before leaving employee to work alone to figure things out, management training, anger management/sensitivity training.

Great place to work

I have been working at Doctors Express

Pros

Doctors Express has a very nice office and equipment is top notch. Since it is a franchise it may depend on the owner, but overall good place to work.

Cons

Health insurance is unaffordable with extremely high deductibles. Basic individual plan costs over $400 a month with $3,000 deductible per person