DocuSign

DocuSign Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

DocuSign Chairman & CEO Keith Krach

Keith Krach

Pros:
  • "Fast paced organization with high rate of growth year over year make this an exciting organization to work for"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Well, there are a lot of smart people with who/m I worked with and still enjoy their drive"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "With an organization growing as fast as this, sometimes there can be smaller initiatives that fall in between cracks"
    in 6 reviews
  • "The company is growing and moving fast, and that can lead to a few cut corners or missed opportunities"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Account Manager

ProsWork hard, play hard mentality. Great leadership, management and employees.

ConsExcelling is extremely difficult - once you take a position, you'll be in that position for at least 2 years. Also, the pay could be a lot more competitive.

Good company for certain roles

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHigh growth, generally good culture and smart people. Mostly corporate sales focused.

ConsAs it gets bigger, more politics and turf issues creeping in.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more clear on goals.

Hyper Growth is a unique opportunity

Sales Leadership (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsTeam is working together to build a company to last. Customers love what we do and it feels great to assist them in changing their businesses. Very exciting to be part of the team now as we continue to grow our organization with some of the best talent in the world

ConsThe company is growing fast and it wasn't that long ago we were a small company. We are still developing the processes we need to scale the company while we ensure our customers are being successful. The work-life balance is a challenge - but as we grow it seems less taxing

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great entry level sales training

Market Development Representative (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

Pros- Fantastic quality of entry level sales training
    - excellent location/office space
    - work with motivated, intelligent, friendly people
    - DocuSign is a HOT company to work for so it's great on a resume when it's time to move on

Cons- relatively low pay
    - relatively slow promotion timeline for entry level position

Super awesome people, great product, a few rough edges

Product Development (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsDocuSign has done well to hire lots of smart, passionate people. There are zero ROJs ("retired on the job") and a general desire to collaborate, share, and grow together. Sure, the company doesn't always know the best way to do that but they care enough to want to figure it out.

Plus, you get to contribute to a pretty interesting product with an enormous road ahead of it.

ConsA little bit too much bureaucracy for a company of this size and stage. A little more sharing of vision past the near term would help the folks on the ground understand where we're going.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more. Be OK with a little failure.

Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosvery fun culture. work environment is lay back. work-life balance is good. compensation is alright, i'd expect either a little more considering this space is very competitive right now.

Conscompensation can be improved to stay competitive or the company will lose the competitiveness on hiring talent people and lose existing talent engineers.
    perks can be improved too, free lunch would be nice.

Advice to Senior Managementas the company grows, i wish they could focus more on the engineers instead of hiring tons of VPs that just adds more processes one after another. keeping the good engineers is what i think the most valuable assets of the company.

Disorganized, and dishonest

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe technology stacks and problem space are very enjoyable. The work hours are good, though that is often due to the lack of passion in the engineering department. Many engineers are very very smart, though their hard work and input is rarely recognized.

ConsThe whole organization is top heavy. Despite having around 650 salaried workers (a few more contractors and temps), there are over 40 VPs and over 100 Senior managers or Directors. This doesn't stop DocuSign from continuing to hire an additional VP every month, though, at the cost of withholding compensation from any employee under director level.
    It seems like the shift towards an IPO plan has really been a move to get all of the current executives friends in on the cheap-stock-option action before the official public offering - Just another way for rich friends to get richer.

Promotions within the company are avoided (by regular employees) at all cost, as they come with 0% compensation change, a shiny new title, and a 300% increase in workload. That's it. No additional influence in architecture or product decisions, no added stock options. Just another move to see how much can be piled on an engineer before they burn out.

The employees who work the hardest and the ones who do just enough not to get fired are recognized as equals from the eyes of the executives, with hard work often being rewarded with nothing other than MORE hard work.

There are a lot of managers and directors who try to do right by their engineers, but they are completely powerless against the growing executive boys club.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet half of yourselves go, the number of VPs at DocuSign is ridiculous. Stop telling your employees that they'll be rewarded in the long run when you do everything in your power to make sure that they aren't, and stop telling yourselves that you're doing the right thing - You're not.

Can be great. But...

Sales (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsAwesome culture. People are friendly, warm, enthused about the company, and excited to build great teams and products. It's a genuinely positive environment. People are collaborative and will help you if you ask for it. I've learned a lot about security and the real estate business and neither is my specialty. It's just that kind of place.

Work-life balance is definitely there and management seems overall supportive of it if you show you are putting in effort. Unlike many tech companies they seem to have that figured out. You get drinks and snacks, company-hosted happy hours and parties and annual conferences, and a fairly generous PTO policy (but other benefits aren't great, see below)

Awesome technology with a great CTO. Docusign is best in class for a reason. It's also one of the few places I've seen where there is a genuinely great relationship between tech and business teams. These guys are pros.

Overall the business feels hot with lots of opportunity. The Salesforce ecosystem, the shift to cloud and subscription models, the partnerships with other providers, the frequent media coverage, the big customers. You get the sense that there is still a ton of growth to experience. It's exciting. You definitely aren't joining a flatlining company.

Not a perk of the company but the Russell tower we work in is in an awesome location, very accessibly by transit, a block away from Pike Place and City Target and countless eateries, and the building has incredible views, a free gym, and the previously mentioned great Starbucks in the lobby.

ConsComp is mediocre to poor for sales and biz dev. Bad base packages with few hitting their targets. No 401k match, VERY expensive health+dental insurance if you have dependents, and a small transit subsidy that does not cover the full cost of a pass (a fully subsidized pass is standard at many tech companies nowadays). Parking is insanely expensive, too. No phone reimbursement despite the fact that you're expected to be available frequently and evangelize mobile offerings to clients. While we are still pre-IPO, some of these benefits aren't terribly competitive even against other SaaS companies in similar positions. I guess stock options offsets some of this, but it's a bit painful in the short term.

Too many VPs - very top-heavy company, with many of the execs being from the same prior companies. Not clear what they all do that isn't done by two other VPs. Increasing amounts of layers between employees and management.

Ridiculous amount of hubris and arrogance. This bothers me and it feels like it keeps us back in some ways. While there is still massive upside and the product is hands down the best in its class, remarks about us being bigger than Facebook or worth more than MS Office or Salesforce are just silly. Some people talk about Docusign as the Second Coming of Christ. No. We're an enterprise SaaS company with practical applications in many use cases, particularly in specific verticals.

As others have noted, when you've got 70%-80% of a big and growing sales org not hitting their numbers, you have to ask if it's really that you have bad reps as you're leading everyone to believe.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile we're not yet a public company, we're also too big to use the startup excuse to not pay people better. Please improve this for your employees.

Worst company I have ever worked for

San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are honestly some good people who work here and they make it worth it.

ConsRead the early reviews, they are true. I feel like the most recent and current reviews are written by the HR department. This company only cares about themselves and not the employees that work for it. The people who care will be jaded fast. Every two days you will see a new VP email of the usual demographic and never of any diversity or a woman. It is a 650+ company that is ran like a 10 person start up. No room for growth, hard to move around within the company...all about politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your people, and don't fake it. Increase communication internally.

I was not happy working for this company.

Support Staff (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsSome of the people are very nice, but constantly over-worked. The same small pool of people seem to do all the work.

ConsLack of respect for employees, too many undeserving VPs, no diversity, low pay, inappropriate derogatory & personal comments made to employees by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul management.

Worked for DocuSign? Contribute to the Community!

DocuSign Videos

DocuSign – Why Work for Us?

Core Values • Customer Focus - We are committed to our customers' measurable success through their adoption of DocuSign's revolutionary products and world-class services. • Innovation - We continuously elevate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DocuSign reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DocuSign CEO Keith Krach. All 70 reviews posted anonymously by DocuSign employees.