DocuStream

Updated September 5, 2014
1.0

DocuStream Founder & CEO Steve Magidson
Steve Magidson

Pay little and expect more!

I have been working at DocuStream

Pros

Nice environment to work for if you're there long enough
    Very little bonus at Christmas
    Allow phone during work
    Allow radio/iPod during work
    Simple work (no brainer )
    Repeat same tasks

Cons

Expect so much for little pay
    Will do anything to dump extra works on you even you can't handle it or not in your area.
    Will Take your time (hours) as much as possible if you are on annual salary.
    Don't care if your work time is reaching 8 hours. the manager will keep you so late to finish the works which could be wait the next day. If you are a new employee forget of leaving on time. On the other hand if you are pay hourly. They will make sure you clock out/in on time or ASAP!
    Most of the employees talk so loud on the phones including the boss. You could heard all the personal conversation. Some employee will turned on the music so loud. FYI : not everyone will like your kind of music !
    Talked behind your back
    Feel like high school again with all the gossip around
    Bad management: take their decision not on work professional level but rather on personal level
    Just don't offend the management because they will not give your Christmas bonus!

If you are looking for simple works and don't mind low pay and no advancement in your future. This is the places for you!

Not a Job for the Long-Term

Former Employee - Data Validation Operator
    Former Employee - Data Validation Operator

I worked at DocuStream

Pros

Small bonus at the end-of-year.
    Tasks are simple and not difficult.
    Some benefits.
    Predictable work hours.

Cons

No room for upward mobility in the company. Regrettably the non-professional culture of the workplace (e.g. talking behind-the-back, gossip, poor attitude) was not conducive to fostering a good working relationship among employees. This, in turn, would affect the overall performance of the team's work. The work was relatively easy and simple, though it can get repetitive and mundane quickly.

The attitude of the supervisor in a company often times trickle down to subordinates. Having supervisors who fosters a good professional working environment among their lower-level employees will encourage the good workers to stay within the company.

Not for me

Former Employee - Data Validation Operator in San Leandro, CA
    Former Employee - Data Validation Operator in San Leandro, CA

I worked at DocuStream full-time (less than an year)

Pros

* They have a computer in the break room.
    * During Christmas they give out a small bonus
    * Ok as a starter job if you can stand the cattiness.
    * Decent location.
    * The work is not stressful.
    * They offer benefits.

Cons

Work: As a Data Validation Operator, the work is non-stimulating and extremely simple. You do the same thing all day, everyday. Make sure you have an ipod, it makes the work go by faster.

Culture: In my department the only workers were other 20 year old's like me. I've worked at other companies where all my coworkers were all in my age group but at this company they act their age. Everyone was in cliques, no one ever said hello, and the people that were there the longest hogged all the scanning work for themselves and barely would show you how to do anything other than the data validation or sorting. The atmosphere was aggressive and they would sit and talk about you in a second.

You don't get input about the work you do when you do something wrong.

I'm a strong believer that senior management set's the tone of the company. How you treat your employees will effect how they treat one another. You need to make some serious changes to who you have in charge and rethink some of your policies because DocuStream is not a desirable place to work in today's job market. I know you're proud of your benefits, but who cares about benefits when everyday you get harassed at work and don't want to stay for the long term. And those employees who do stay for the long term are the ones creating this environment.

You need to be the example... and maybe consider becoming ISO 9001 Certified, it helps in creating a progressive environment.