DocuStream

Not yet rated.

DocuStream Founder & CEO Steve Magidson

Steve Magidson

Not a Job for the Long-Term

Data Validation Operator (Former Employee)

ProsSmall bonus at the end-of-year.
    Tasks are simple and not difficult.
    Some benefits.
    Predictable work hours.

ConsNo room for upward mobility in the company. Regrettably the non-professional culture of the workplace (e.g. talking behind-the-back, gossip, poor attitude) was not conducive to fostering a good working relationship among employees. This, in turn, would affect the overall performance of the team's work. The work was relatively easy and simple, though it can get repetitive and mundane quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe attitude of the supervisor in a company often times trickle down to subordinates. Having supervisors who fosters a good professional working environment among their lower-level employees will encourage the good workers to stay within the company.

Not for me

Data Validation Operator (Former Employee) San Leandro, CA

Pros* They have a computer in the break room.
    * During Christmas they give out a small bonus
    * Ok as a starter job if you can stand the cattiness.
    * Decent location.
    * The work is not stressful.
    * They offer benefits.

ConsWork: As a Data Validation Operator, the work is non-stimulating and extremely simple. You do the same thing all day, everyday. Make sure you have an ipod, it makes the work go by faster.

Culture: In my department the only workers were other 20 year old's like me. I've worked at other companies where all my coworkers were all in my age group but at this company they act their age. Everyone was in cliques, no one ever said hello, and the people that were there the longest hogged all the scanning work for themselves and barely would show you how to do anything other than the data validation or sorting. The atmosphere was aggressive and they would sit and talk about you in a second.

You don't get input about the work you do when you do something wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm a strong believer that senior management set's the tone of the company. How you treat your employees will effect how they treat one another. You need to make some serious changes to who you have in charge and rethink some of your policies because DocuStream is not a desirable place to work in today's job market. I know you're proud of your benefits, but who cares about benefits when everyday you get harassed at work and don't want to stay for the long term. And those employees who do stay for the long term are the ones creating this environment.

You need to be the example... and maybe consider becoming ISO 9001 Certified, it helps in creating a progressive environment.

Worked for DocuStream? Contribute to the Community!