Document Technologies

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
2.0

John Davenport, Jr.

Pros
  • Great people to work with and great technology (in 3 reviews)

• Great benefits package, Many locations available for work transfer, business casual dress code, Friendly and professional work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management requires you to work long hours and be on call 24/7 (in 7 reviews)

• The staff puts in tons of effort just to keep their jobs with little to no payoff (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Review

I have been working at Document Technologies

Pros

The employees here are extremely friendly.

Cons

I wish there was a structured training program.

Micro Management

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Document Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice environments but some hostile managers who like to hire, intimidate employees. Company is good with flexibility and bonuses, but some managers (personality conflicts -- show of power) intimidate their juniors and end up either the employee quit or relieved of their jobs.

Cons

No growth path. Hostile Managers

IT department run less qualified personnel who like to show their powers.

Avoid the FM Division

Former Employee - Sales  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Document Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

can't say anything good at all.

Cons

I saw people who qualified for bonuses get their job classifications changed so the company could justify paying a smaller bonus that they earned. I saw a site manager get terminated without cause and the company contested his unemployment claim. Saw people making $14/hour get offered $.07/hour raises. Awful place to work.

Continue making money off the backs of your employees. It is evident you have no conscience.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family oriented.

Former Employee - FM Site Manager  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - FM Site Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at Document Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great variety of roles and locations.

Cons

The industry is contract based, thus, your tenure is more or less based on the contract period.

Greater business communication to contracted sites employees.

Confusing

I worked at Document Technologies

Pros

There is so much confusion across the organization, if you keep your head down and fly under the radar you will have a long career

Based on the current organizational structure the is a huge amount of improvements that could be accomplished

Cons

Upper management's overall treatment and respect for employees
    Overall pay structure compared to the industry
    Continued acquisition of companies with poor integration leaves the company with a large volume of individual contributors with no incentive to standardize

Zero respect for their employees. Their FM division should be embarrassed by their motto.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Document Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great at fooling people and stringing them along. They talk a good game. You will be rewarded for your efforts but it won't be financially, they may tell you what a good job you did at the Christmas party if they can remember your name. If you keep your head down, not make mistakes and keep off the radar then DTI is a good place to work while you're looking for a better job.

Cons

You are nothing. Your performance is meaningless. The customer has complete control over who gets promoted or fired. DTI management totally disrespects their employees yet they wonder why morale is so low. Actually they don't wonder. They don't care. They go through site managers like water and never look into why. There's no point in it when they can just hire someone for less money.

Take a lesson from the rest of the industry and keep your promises. Sell the value of your service not the low cost, its what gives you the reputation of having a slave-labor work force. Thank your employees once in a while. Acknowledge their existence. At least act like you care

I loved the work, hate the management

Former Employee - Document Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Document Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Document Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part of the job was the work and my co-workers (not including supervisor). Very fulfilling and challenging.

Cons

Petty supervisor and manager. Management spends too much time worrying about gossiping and no time in quality of work. Management promises growth but never deliver. Management shows favoritism with other departments and paid little to no attention to our group.

Management should spend more time with the staff and squash problems before they cripple the company. Management doesn't want to hear suggestions for improvement, they instead ignore the problem.

Corporate struggle

Former Employee - Technical Specialist I
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist I

I worked at Document Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people at local sites

Cons

very small raises and tons of empty promises.

If you have already applied tell them you found another job when they call

I have been working at Document Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people employed at the law firm I worked at as well as the people employed at DTI below the management level.

Cons

Company Mission Statement: It is far easier to underpay, and undervalue your employees while promising them the world in the way of career advancement and delivering on none of it; then once they have finally become fed up with the lies/b.s. and quit, hire another person to string along.

Take the hundreds of millions of dollars you put in your pockets every year and invest a small portion of it back into your workforce.

Good stepping stone.

Current Employee - Production Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Production Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Document Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are willing to hire "risky" candidates. Great for someone who needs a job with poor qualifications on paper.

Cons

Maximum amount of flex PTO of 15 days (only after working here for 3 years) 10 days before that. ZERO opportunity for growth. Job grades are not even established. Do not expect to grow here.

Treat your employees like people. Take their needs seriously to retain talent. Establish employee grading standards and hire managers with management experience. Give people room to grow.

Worked for Document Technologies? Contribute to the Community!