Doe-Anderson

www.doeanderson.com

Doe-Anderson Reviews

4.6

Todd Spencer

Loved my experience at Doe-Anderson - the perfect place to start a career!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Doe-Anderson full-time

Pros

*Smart, talented, capable, and hard-working co-workers and leaders
    *Good diversity of clients, unlike other agencies in town who "hang their hats" on one or two big clients
    *Excellent opportunities to grow and learn as a young professional
    *Positive work environment
    *Excellent internship program
    *Top agency in Kentucky and one of the top agencies in the region (in my opinion)

I absolutely loved my time at the agency and the people I worked. I started my career at DA and learned so much while I was there - it really set me up well for success. My supervisor was fantastic - one of the most impressive people I've ever met. The people really make Doe-Anderson special.

Cons

*Like many agencies, the pay is low for entry-level or junior employees.
    *Little opportunity for advancement/promotions - quite simply, Doe-Anderson just isn't big enough to move up the ladder as fast as most professionals would like to.

The main reasons I left were that I wanted to work for a bigger company that had more opportunities for advancement and the pay. The pay, which is in line with agency standards as far as I know, was low. I had to move on to another (better-paying) opportunity/industry because I just couldn't afford to keep working at the rate I was - especially not if I hoped to have a good standard of living at some point. But that being said, Doe is an excellent place to get some great experience and I wouldn't change a thing about my own experience.

You've made great strides in the past few years - keep doing what you're doing. Nurture your junior-level employees and consider paying them more so they won't be tempted to look elsewhere.

Great people, great clients, great environment

Former Employee - Vice President, Director of Intereactive  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Vice President, Director of Intereactive in Louisville, KY

I worked at Doe-Anderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved the people and the environment at Doe. Very supportive of new ideas and encouraged me to grow into a larger role. The opportunity reshaped my career. And the creatives there inspire everyone. Smart folks.

Cons

Agencies are agencies. Lose a big client, a few folks will get laid off. But that's not specific to Doe, that's every agency. And some people aren't fond of the juggling a lot of balls at the same time approach. But at Doe, you do a lot with a little. It works.

Develop a better work-life balance policy to enable staff to recharge and not be overburdened with work as much?

Very good experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Doe-Anderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent long-term relationships.
    Excellent local reputation and relationships.
    Possibility of being invited to purchase shares in the company.
    Good access to Chicago, NYC, DC, and southern cities.
    Very good local advertising community.
    Churchill Downs, U or L, diverse neighborhoods.
    Very good creative pedigree.
    Maker's Mark and other Beam clients are excellent.
    Diverse clientele.
    Media agnostic thinking.
    Great CRM program.

Cons

Somewhat limited opportunities for advancement.

Keep doing what you do.

Worked for Doe-Anderson? Contribute to the Community!