Doe Fund

Be The First To
Add Photos

George McDonald

Opportunity for Growth

ProsIt is a large nonprofit company with huge legs. It is a hybrid nonprofit, which opens the door for experience with business development and revenue generation. The people who work here believe in the mission, and genuinely enjoy helping others. They hire up from within, so the opportunity to move up is tremendous.

ConsLike many other companies, there can be a huge gap between how they treat middle management and under compared to how they cater to their upper management. This rings true when it comes to promotion and salary. It can seem that salaries are determined from clear prejudices and biases, depending on which side of the coin you stand. You must keep your eyes open to these happenings.

Advice to Senior Managementits clear that saving money is more important than keeping employees happy. i get it. that's the mantra of most companies. but in order to keep great and loyal people you already have, there has to be some compromise and fairness. Pay someone's worth, not solely based on what they were making before. Minor percentage increases and promotion salary caps can be insulting.

Good challenging

Administrative/Clerk (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosonly after three months of work for them they offer you free training on various trades

Consyou will pretty much have no idol time, So you must stay focused where otherwise if out on the street you would"nt have that kind of training, so here at " The Doe Fund " you are more likely to succeed with your life and or your career. I thank the Doe Fund.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Career Development Specialist

Human Resource Recruiter (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible, great potential, advancement opportunities, and will to help you succeed.

ConsSalaries aren't the best for certain positions

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate salaries for hard working staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place working together with my coworkers getting the job done.

Maintenance Porter (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking in a shelter some people wake up angry.
    I just smile and focus on a great day.

Consalways a team player and always willing to help anyone.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat management

Organization does good work, but management could use some tuning

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMission of the organization is great, overall work culture is meaningful and positive for the clients served, most trainees are able to engage positively in the program, staff can engage in meaningful work when afforded the opportunity

ConsLack of boundaries between staff/clientele, promotions based on timing and politics as opposed to talent and skill set, inter-departmental relations

Great on paper, bad on execution.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits weren't bad. Most of the trainees going through the program are earnest and it's encouraging to see their lives change in a positive way.

ConsInsufficient supplies, machinery is always breaking down, management is unreliable and disorganized.

It has changed my life forever for the good.!

Pesticide Technician (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFirst and foremost you treated like family and you see and feel that the staff really care about you not that there just doing their job

ConsThey constantly make you improve yourself and you feel a need to focus on the good, bad, and ugly of yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to do what your doing!!!!!

Learned a great deal about interacting with people

Security Officer (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsWork experience very helpful for people with little or no experience.

ConsNot enough jobs for those who complete the program

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to your advertised agreement for those who comply with all rules and regulations of the program.

Mostly positive, but will some downsides.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt depends who you work for. Some people are wonderful managers and others are not.
    Benefits are decent.
    Good work-life balance.

ConsLow pay, upper management does not always recognize talent.

A great place to grow

ProsThe Doe Fund fosters the careers of trainees and staff alike. It expects self-motivation out of everyone equally, and the environment of people working to get out of a tough time together is really electric and motivating. Staff is very responsive and it's great to watch a trainee succeed in his goals.

ConsWith so many developing projects in the pipeline at all times, the organizational pace can easily reach fever pitch.

Worked for Doe Fund? Contribute to the Community!