Dolce Hotels and Resorts

Be The First To
Add Photos

Full of great people

Management (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros-Everyone is really nice.
    -GM takes the time to actually know everyone's name
    -Constantly have training classes to improve management and service in the hotel.
    -They have a good product. They have great meeting space and good food.
    -Free lunch
    -Recognize employees for their hard work often with monthly and quarterly awards.

Cons-Unionized hotel, managers beware. You will run into issues with lazy workers and difficulties getting them to work harder or firing them.
    -Workers in the restaurant and housekeeping tend to fight within the department.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to management, but I do advise union employees to consider getting rid of the union so the hard workers are rewarded and the lazy ones either get their act together or get fired.

The structure of the business is like a roller coaster. 3 GMs in 5 years and each with a different business model.

Conference Services (Former Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsThe pay and the benefits are good. The work for most departments is fairly steady. Full time employees get vacation and sick pay.

Constoo many unnecessary managers. Lack of communication between departments.

Former busboy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to work. Good people.

ConsCan't really think of any.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great potential

Sales (Former Employee)

Pros-Competitive Salary
    -Matching 401k
    -Decent benefits package

Cons-Lazy upper management
    -No communication between departments
    -You end up doing and redoing your job about 10 times because of incompetence

Advice to Senior ManagementThe sales process goes very well and Dolce has a good handle on what makes a successful sale. After that there is NO follow up. Dolce has the worst food and beverage department I've seen in my 15 years in this business. Directors have no knowledge or INTEREST in providing good hospitality and service. Clients are constantly complaining. It is a wonder people still return. Dolce corporate does NOTHING to remove the incompetent directors. Not a place I'd recommend unless you enjoy looking like a car salesman to potential clients.

Worked for Dolce Hotels and Resorts? Contribute to the Community!