Dollar Tree Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
2.7

Dollar Tree President, CEO, and Director Bob Sasser
Bob Sasser

Pros
  • Easy to work with other employees because there arent that many but enough that you can request off if need be (in 12 reviews)

• As a part time employee there is a great deal of flexibility for scheduling (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Also the pay isnt that great, depending on what minimum wage is in your state (in 41 reviews)

• I feel as though the company or just the local upper management (unsure which it is really (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

I had a good experience working at the dollar tree enjoyed both assistant managers.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Derby, KS
    Former Employee - Cashier in Derby, KS

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed being a cashier and meeting a lot of different people

Cons

pay rate was not good and they did not offer enough hours.

compensation should be greater and allow those who need more hours to get them.

Fun, fast paced

Current Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier  in  Prairie du Chien, WI
    Current Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Prairie du Chien, WI

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a great company to work for considering at least at the store i am at every employee and mangers treat you like family. they always make sure iu have something to work on so you are not standing around doing nothing. customers are mostly elderly but very friendly. At my store we have received plenty of compliments of the cleanliness of the store and how much nicer it is than most others. the store manager lets you know how much she appreciates tou on a daily.basis.

Cons

Pay is not good and not much room for advancement.

the employees are nice to work with and we always get the job done.

Current Employee - Stocker  in  San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Stocker in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros

the hours are good and there is never a dull moment. you get to meet a lot of people and its satisfying when you can help out a customer.

Cons

no challenges working here. we run smooth.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Starter

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Kent, WA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a good starting point for a job and its easy to move up as long as your doing everthing right and its being noticed. I started working last November and i ended up becoming an Assistant Manager 7 or 8 months later.

Cons

The customers always expect for you treat them like high and mighty at all times, theres only so much you can do, reguardless of what it is some customers are never fully satisfied so it can get a little crazy in there.

Stay ontop of everything and make sure you know everything there is to know about your position.

Freight Crew - hard work, little hours and pay.

Former Employee - Freight Processor  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Freight Processor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get a first-hand look at the shipments coming in and a bit about how the store operates. It's definitely a workout, if you're looking for one.

Cons

Working freight rarely resulted in getting more than 12 hours per week, with little pay, and working at the crack of dawn to get the new shipment sorted out. Once the manager quit, freight hours were cut down to the bone and backroom conditions deteriorated rapidly as a result. The store seems to be doing much better a year later.

Theft paranoia led to some questionable policies. At least at the time, the company was using very personal information for timecard login; the same type of info, as per company policy, was used to register every purchase made by an employee even as they were leaving the store. Times may have changed, though.

Please use a random alphanumeric sequence in place of personal info for login credentials.

Room for growth

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started out as an assistant manager and am well on my way to becoming a district manager.

Cons

You have to turn a blind eye to the minimal pay till you start making some real money at the higher levels of management.

I found it to be informative and fun

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Liberty, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Liberty, MO

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros would be that you have opportunities to move up in the company as long as you're willing to put extra work into it and truly want to move up in the company.

Cons

Some of the employees are lazy and call in a lot

Hire people who truly want to work and who will try hard to do and be their best.

not a bad place to work

I have been working at Dollar Tree for more than a year

Pros

The company offers pretty fair work life balance, decent benefits, freedom to make decisions, friendly customers, a good place to start your career.

Cons

There are not whole lots of cons, but better upward mobility would be nice, along with a lower copy for medical benefits.

Store manager
    Working for Dollar Tree is a challenge every day.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stable company with lots of opportunity for advancement regardless of tenure. Good monthly bonus program.

Cons

Very tight payroll, the current freight processing system needs to be overhauled. The company needs to have security in urban and city stores to reduce high shrink.

Listen to your Store managers and value their input after all we are the ones running your stores. Proper Freight processing is vital for the store's profitability therefore it is extremely important to have seperate freight hours based on the size of the weekly deliveries.

"Great people"

Current Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier
    Current Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are really social and make the workplace fun to be at.

Cons

It's pretty hard to get a raise. I worked there for a few years,staring at $7.25 and a year or two later I was only at $7.45

Review employee work ethic and dedication and consider them for raises more often.

Dollar Tree Photos

EVERYTHINGS ONE DOLLAR
shelf set up
Inside
Outside

+ Add Photo

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!