Dominion Enterprises

Dominion Enterprises Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Dominion Enterprises President and COO Jack Ross

Jack Ross

Pros
  • It is flexible to work from home when needed(in 14 reviews)

• Good work environment, good location, good employee initiatives(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management only cares about themselves(in 41 reviews)

• Upper Management did NOT listen to middle management's suggestions(in 27 reviews)

It was Ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOffice Culture was good, good benefits and okay pay. Good start to a career. Great co workers. Enjoyed time there.

ConsNeed for more extensive training, more stability from management. Not much advancement opportunity. A lot of changes going on more than average.

Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone other than it was a job

ConsShowed favoritism, no opportunity for advancement unless you nose was brown in color

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace most of your department

Too far behind

Management (Current Employee)

ProsThrowing cash at ideas trying to make something happen

ConsMost senior managers do not have experience in the things they are trying to create.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need proven subject matter experts running the organization

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fragmented Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, great place to start a career. Generous vacation policy and most federal holidays are observed.

ConsThe company headquarters are based in Norfolk, and if you work at any of the other locations it is very difficult to advance outside of your specific business unit. Senior management has a "good old boy" feel, and seem to take care of those they know at the expense of more qualified folks who do not directly interact with senior management in the course of their normal duties. Salaries are relatively low, and raises are based off of a predetermined formula rather than merit based.

Good company to work for if you negotiate your salary from the start

Director (Current Employee)

ProsStable work, good benefits, company shows that they care about their employees. Flexible work environment (depends of manager).

ConsVery hard to get salary increases (like most private companies), most of the time they lose talent because they see increases as percentage instead of number. They like to pay low compared to average, company compares salaries to low salary locations like norfolk, texas etc then everyone else is overpaid for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop loosing good talent, what's the point of doing internships or hiring beginners if you cannot increase from 40k to 80k because its 50% increase. only the mediocre remains and the raising stars leave to get paid better somewhere else. At the same time you have senior people doing nothing and making 3 times the money.

Dominion sells The Employment Guide Division

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey sold the division 6 months ago and closed the deal recently, but there has been no press regarding the sale.

ConsThey have gone from over 80 weekly Employment Guide publications to only 25 papers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from your mistakes.

DE Is Not a Happy Place to Be!

ProsGood benefits, Nice Office Building, Wonderful Co-Workers!

ConsHigh Turnover at Cycle Trader, Low Morale, Little Respect for Employees and Customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have lost so many employees from the Cycle Trader division of DE the past few years, it is very sad to see. Maybe our managers need to stop telling other people how great our culture is, and actually start treating people better. Many teammates are afraid to speak up at our office, and the result is we keep losing good people!

No structure or true training process - Dysfunctional!

ProsEasier going atmosphere - Don't micro-manage.

ConsNo true training or structure, electronic equipment is outdated, server of company is slow and systems are always crashing. Release new systems, products that do not perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money on training, updated equipment, computer systems, etc.

Former regoinal manager at Dominion Enterprises

Regional Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, reasonably fair expense policies, financially stable company, interesting work (at times), some travel regional involved

ConsUpper Management did NOT listen to middle management's suggestions. Customer problems with billing seemed to go on far too long without resolution. Lots of ego among managers at the corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to address problems MUCH FASTER. Customers would be infuriated by the amount of foot dragging that went on constantly. I left by choice because it was not a healthy culture.

Pretty good company

Account Executive (Current Employee) Campbell, CA

ProsGood benefit package, nice work environment

ConsSalaries could be better for account executives

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries need to be more competitive.

Worked for Dominion Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!