Dominion Enterprises Reviews

Reset
3.2
Dominion Enterprises President and COO Jack Ross
Jack Ross

Pros
  • Great colleagues and work environment (in 24 reviews)

• Our president really makes a strong emphasis on work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Can not trust Senior Management what so ever (in 36 reviews)

• Upper Management did NOT listen to middle management's suggestions (in 28 reviews)

1. Overall Review

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time

Pros

Great company, great morale, great teambuilding

Cons

low pay entry level type of job

Advice to Management

Possible but take a lot of time

2. Great company

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time

Pros

Great company itself, nice co-workers, beautiful scenery and building

Cons

Sales position wasn't exactly how it was explained in the first place, always changing without notice

Advice to Management

Don't show favoritism, help everyone

3. Account Executive

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great senior leadership. Lots of contests and opportunity to earn a trip to President's Club.

Cons

Keeping customers renewed and happy for the long run can be a challenge. No bonuses on renewals or incentives to keep long term business

Advice to Management

Keep the contests and new products coming. It helps to have something new to present to new and existing customers.

5. Still Thriving!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm in a sales division and have a very autonomous work environment based on trust that we reps will get the job done. My work from home schedule since 2008 (have been with Dominion since 2001) has been a dream come true and allows me a wonderful work/life balance. I am trusted to telecommute because I perform and produce. My income is healthy and although I could earn more elsewhere the flexibility for my life and the benefits I receive make it worthwhile as there is a good balance.

Cons

No sales incentives or bonus structure, no sales contests. Management is very analytical but not very motivational. They are fair however and approachable and open to ideas. Just have to motivate yourself as there are no cheerleaders here!

Advice to Management

Besides being 'task focused managers' look at becoming 'vision focused leaders' implement some fun into the work environment by way of sales contests, fostering group discussions and leading through motivation with vision.

Jul 17, 2015 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

Thank you for the post and the constructive advice. I'm always available for a conversation....give me a call or send an email.

6. I enjoyed it.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

Having a flexible Schedule is nice.

Cons

Its sales and there's Pressure.

7. Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

Decent Pay and vacation time.

Cons

Pointless meetings and conference calls that are just a waste of time. Monthly "One-on-One individual meetings, as well. This company wastes half of your time having you sit in meetings AND driving back to the office in the middle of your day, to get on a conference call that can easily be taken from the road.

Advice to Management

Leave the sales reps alone and let them actually sell.

8. Great Company and Only Getting Better

Current Employee - Director of Software Development in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Director of Software Development in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked for Dominion Enterprises for almost two years, the most exciting thing is to see that DE is a company that is committed to getting better. They honestly care about their employees and invest in their careers. They offer a great work life balance while allowing individuals to work on exciting projects. I have really enjoyed my time here and look forward to coming to work in the mornings.

Cons

I had heard, prior to taking a job at Dominion Enterprises, that they were a stodgy place to work. It was only by a recommendation from a friend that I decided to work here. I am glad I did because they are aware of this perception, which I have found not to be true, and are actively working to offer the best work environment/culture in Downtown Norfolk.

Advice to Management

Continue making the progress that I have seen over the last two years. Its encouraging and exciting to see that the company is committed to improving the lives of their employees.

Jul 17, 2015 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

I'm so glad you didn't let perception stand in the way of personally experiencing Dominion Enterprises! We do work hard to ensure a culture of learning and engagement. The people make the company ... More

9. Good place to work

Current Employee - Technical Team Lead in De Ann, AR
    Current Employee - Technical Team Lead in De Ann, AR

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good technology company to work for.

Cons

Could be more opportunities for growth.

Advice to Management

Reward those that are high achievers, not just the squeaky wheels.

Good... not great yet

Former Employee - Project Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

Flexible schedule Relaxed atmosphere Fun opportunities for employees

Cons

Salary Senior management Promotion opportunities Market competitiveness I don't have anymore to add, but the stupid form won't let me submit unless I add more

Advice to Management

Please listen to your employees more, and also PAY THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE!

11. So Far, So GREAT!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work Hours are Felxible -Relaxed and Encouraging Atmosphere -Opportunity to take on projects outside of your department (inter-department collaboration) -Exposure to all areas of the business (This really depends on you manager & VP--Personally, I've had an wesoem experience with this!) -AMAZING Work-Life Balance -Lots of events to help you grow as a professional -Great office culture -The company sponsors tons of events to connect employees and their managers in a Social setting -WONDERFUL benefits--best vision, health and dental plan I've ever had! -Wellness program is the best!

Cons

-The individual companies within DE are still fairly disconnected with the exception of building-wide events -Salary increase structure needs improvement

Advice to Management

I'd say perform a building wide survey on how individual employees feel about their manager, keep the employee anonymous of course but find out why some of us are having an amazing time truly developing as professionals while others are a bit miserable--inconsistent management perhaps? let the ones who have managed the art of leadership teach the others! This would probably reduce the turn over in some departments/companies.

Jul 17, 2015 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

Great advice! We conduct a survey annually. You'll see an email with a link to complete the survey soon.

RSS Feed </> Embed