Dominion Enterprises

Updated September 11, 2014
2.7

Dominion Enterprises President and COO Jack Ross
Jack Ross

Pros
  • It is flexible to work from home when needed (in 15 reviews)

• Flexible work environment (depends of manager) (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management only cares about themselves (in 41 reviews)

• Upper Management did NOT listen to middle management's suggestions (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

2 1/2 stars if that's an option

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Headquarters does a good job of fun Org activities and day of care in the community great place out of college to gain experience

Cons

Salary are way under median average from sales to technology ,horrible management no good training program , no way to advance unless your on that track fresh out of college then you learn it's taken years to get where your peers were in the half the time.

Spend time mentoring employees that don't have a digital media background pay people what there worth.

Underrated Place to Build a Career

I worked at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

Decent pay, lots of resources and opportunities for advancement if you play your cards right.

Cons

Playing your cards right can be difficult when you're not in the home office in Norfolk, Virginia.

Invest more in product development and less in sales.

Good company, bad pay

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

Great company benefits, good work life balance

Cons

Bad pay, low base salary, not enough commission opportunity

Pay better

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Typical

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises part-time for more than a year

Pros

When you don't hold a manager position you don't have many people looking over your shoulder. The people are really nice.

Cons

This is your typical Corporate America business. Promotions come from how long you've been there, not necessarily if you are right for the job. A lot of middle management is doing nothing and can't manage their employees well. They also over work and way under pay.

Pay your employees what they are worth. And actually promote for ability not because they've been there forever.

Can't wait to leave

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules and understanding when it comes to family.
    Location
    Relaxed dress code
    Great stepping stone to gain knowledge and experience, but if you are not careful, you'll look up and the time has gone away.

Cons

Management lies, openly talk about their people and one another behind their backs and the leadership comes from the reps. They act more like high schoolers than adults and treat their workers the same way at times. They will take your ideas and pass them off as theirs, get the bonus and give you a pat on the back. The raises are horrible. They say you can only get 2% because that is all that's allowed but they make 6 figures. You never get promoted unless you are one of their buddies...then not only will they promote you but they will create a bs position to keep you around. That's what friends are for right?? There's no advancement, and you'll be trapped in the same chair forever. You'll get worked to death and given none of the credit.

Know the value of your employees and fight for more than 2% when they are more than deserving of it. Upper, upper management...please give a cost of living increase and catch up with inflation. This company can be great. Give the managers extra training on leadership and listening.

Very good experience with the company.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues and work environment.

Cons

Really nothing but good to say.

Keep it up. Good work.

great work home balance

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

excellent work home balance. good compensation, paid parking, good work environment, excellent training program

Cons

no opportunity to move up with in the company. I felt I would never get another raise. I was already at the top, and nothing to strive for.

encourage your internal community by providing annual raises, make promotions possible.

Workable

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Located downtown in its own building, comparative pay and benefits. Some fun projects, good mixture of culture.

Cons

broken into so many smaller companies under one roof, a little unpredictable.

Where is the excitement and where is the CEO presence?

Forging signatures of manager and sales reps on sales contracts is common place. Company has no integrity.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

Was told proudly by a Regional Manager that DE doesn't train, employees are expected to figure out how to do things on their own. Staying for 7 years. The most negative, back stabbing, dysfunctional place I ever worked. They fake their own search results by asking all employees to download, use and falsely overrate their own apps and search tools.

Until they remove Jack Ross and Terry, I married the owner's niece to get where I am today, Slattery, this company has no hope.

I am honestly surprised this company is still in existence...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best pro about this company is its location, also there was a lot of flexibility given with personal life but I honestly think that was because of my particular manager.

Cons

This company needs to work on their business practices which are so undefined you truly are in a state of confusion at all times. Management needs to be reconsidered in regards of qualifications and consistency. It seemed to be that everyone around me was content on doing things haphazard, wrong, without any kind of communication with other teams in which their job was dependent on a goal getting met...there was never any questions asked, just a team of frustrated and confused workers doing things the way they have been told even if it made no sense. New systems were implemented without in plan in place. The worst factor was the moral of the company. Between the blame game and petty and unnecessary dislikes going on, it made for a very tense environment.

IF this company doesn't fold with the next couple of years, I would suggest management (QUALIFIED) get in a room and do a total overhaul of their business plans.

Worked for Dominion Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!