Dominion Enterprises

Dominion Enterprises Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Dominion Enterprises President and COO Jack Ross

Jack Ross

Pros
  • It is flexible to work from home when needed(in 14 reviews)

• Good work environment, good location, good employee initiatives(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management only cares about themselves(in 41 reviews)

• Upper Management did NOT listen to middle management's suggestions(in 27 reviews)

great work home balance

Web Developer (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA

Prosexcellent work home balance. good compensation, paid parking, good work environment, excellent training program

Consno opportunity to move up with in the company. I felt I would never get another raise. I was already at the top, and nothing to strive for.

Advice to Senior Managementencourage your internal community by providing annual raises, make promotions possible.

Excellent national company with local control maintained by each office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Corporate Leadership , constantly changing to meet market demands, values employees and their contributions, room for advancement and great benefits / vacation time.

ConsSmaller divisions could use a complete overhaul starting with management.
    Although training is sound, it could be more frequent and encompass more subjects

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep appreciating your employees and they will continue to go above and beyond to ensure the companies future success

Fantastic Work Environment/Culture

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsVery positive and motivating upper management. Our president really makes a strong emphasis on work-life balance. When visiting our home office, everyone seems upbeat and happy to be there.

ConsTraining still needs some work--especially for new hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think our compensation is fair--not the best in the industry, however special promotions designed to increase your commissions are pretty cool when they come around

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is nice.

ProsI love how the work ethic is there and the amount of passion people have for it.

ConsNothing! Everything is great! Love it there

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Great company that is still growing

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood employers, and room for advancement.

ConsThere are no cons that can be listed with the department that I work in, or in any of the four other departments that are around us.

Advice to Senior ManagementAwesome company. Keep growing.

Flexible and full of Opportunities!

Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsFlexible hours, casual dress, forward-thinking management and IT department. The benefits are good, customer service is high, as is morale, and DE as a whole invests smartly. The are many opportunities for upward mobility, if you want it. I had the opportunity to help hire over 130 individuals over 2+ years, nationwide for a variety of DE's businesses. Management is understanding and will invest in you (three-fold) if you invest in them. Jack Ross (CEO) has great vision for the company, and will do great things in the years to come.

ConsThe pay is average at best, but does make up for it in yearly promotions. There needs to be more "work-from-home" opportunities, especially in the Hampton Roads area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look at benefits and pay, across the board. Also, take a look to see where you can allow remote opportunities from the home office.

Good Company

Software Developer (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsGreat place to work. I actually worked in the Homes Media Solutions branch in Boca Raton, Fl and co-workers are phenomenal.

ConsI was an intern for this company and I could say I do not have any complaints about it. Even though they said the intern program is relatively new I found it was really great.

Good work ethic and hard work pays off.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsI started from the ground up. I'm a fast learner, I've always been going above and beyond and always asking for more. Management recognized it and I moved up fast. They want to keep good employees that have a positive attitude. If you have that you will go far.

ConsCommunication between sites/departments can sometimes be difficult and like pulling teeth. One must be politically savvy and have patience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job, and I've seen a lot of improvement, both in the company culture as well as performance. However... it seems easier for bad employees to transfer to a different department then get fired. To be on the receiving end, expecting a good employee but getting much less is quite disappointing.

Opportunity and Fun

ProsFor me, the opportunities have been shown within DE, I showed very quickly that I wanted to work hard and that I had what it took and I was promoted. Overall when you put forth, the doors open up. I've shared this same philosophy to my team members and I've had people who have worked for me for well over 5 years. The company has adapted greatly to the technology changes and the culture has as well. We now have fun events that everyone participates in and our overall well being has become even more important.

ConsWith many businesses under a larger umbrella it would be great if there was more collaboration. Many times we have two businesses working on very similar projects and issues and there isn't communication or collaboration within the businesses to work together.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communication up from above down. Encourage more of the businesses to work together across lines.

Excellent Opportunity

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsBeing recognized for your efforts, great upper management support and encouragement. An extremely positive work environment. I actually enjoy my job and have a great work/home life balance. It's a perfect fit as a parent.

ConsNothing major. I do wish our health benefits were a little less expensive. While I do think our compensation is average, I would like to see a bigger slice of the pie.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do. I absolutely love being a part of the success of my team.

Worked for Dominion Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!