Dominion Enterprises

Updated September 11, 2014
2.7

Dominion Enterprises President and COO Jack Ross
Jack Ross

Pros
  • It is flexible to work from home when needed (in 15 reviews)

• Flexible work environment (depends of manager) (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management only cares about themselves (in 41 reviews)

• Upper Management did NOT listen to middle management's suggestions (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

2 1/2 stars if that's an option

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Headquarters does a good job of fun Org activities and day of care in the community great place out of college to gain experience

Cons

Salary are way under median average from sales to technology ,horrible management no good training program , no way to advance unless your on that track fresh out of college then you learn it's taken years to get where your peers were in the half the time.

Spend time mentoring employees that don't have a digital media background pay people what there worth.

great work home balance

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

excellent work home balance. good compensation, paid parking, good work environment, excellent training program

Cons

no opportunity to move up with in the company. I felt I would never get another raise. I was already at the top, and nothing to strive for.

encourage your internal community by providing annual raises, make promotions possible.

Excellent national company with local control maintained by each office

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Corporate Leadership , constantly changing to meet market demands, values employees and their contributions, room for advancement and great benefits / vacation time.

Cons

Smaller divisions could use a complete overhaul starting with management.
    Although training is sound, it could be more frequent and encompass more subjects

Keep appreciating your employees and they will continue to go above and beyond to ensure the companies future success

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic Work Environment/Culture

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very positive and motivating upper management. Our president really makes a strong emphasis on work-life balance. When visiting our home office, everyone seems upbeat and happy to be there.

Cons

Training still needs some work--especially for new hires.

I think our compensation is fair--not the best in the industry, however special promotions designed to increase your commissions are pretty cool when they come around

It is nice.

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

I love how the work ethic is there and the amount of passion people have for it.

Cons

Nothing! Everything is great! Love it there

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great company that is still growing

Current Employee - Data Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good employers, and room for advancement.

Cons

There are no cons that can be listed with the department that I work in, or in any of the four other departments that are around us.

Awesome company. Keep growing.

Flexible and full of Opportunities!

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, casual dress, forward-thinking management and IT department. The benefits are good, customer service is high, as is morale, and DE as a whole invests smartly. The are many opportunities for upward mobility, if you want it. I had the opportunity to help hire over 130 individuals over 2+ years, nationwide for a variety of DE's businesses. Management is understanding and will invest in you (three-fold) if you invest in them. Jack Ross (CEO) has great vision for the company, and will do great things in the years to come.

Cons

The pay is average at best, but does make up for it in yearly promotions. There needs to be more "work-from-home" opportunities, especially in the Hampton Roads area.

Continue to look at benefits and pay, across the board. Also, take a look to see where you can allow remote opportunities from the home office.

Good Company

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. I actually worked in the Homes Media Solutions branch in Boca Raton, Fl and co-workers are phenomenal.

Cons

I was an intern for this company and I could say I do not have any complaints about it. Even though they said the intern program is relatively new I found it was really great.

Good work ethic and hard work pays off.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time

Pros

I started from the ground up. I'm a fast learner, I've always been going above and beyond and always asking for more. Management recognized it and I moved up fast. They want to keep good employees that have a positive attitude. If you have that you will go far.

Cons

Communication between sites/departments can sometimes be difficult and like pulling teeth. One must be politically savvy and have patience.

Doing a great job, and I've seen a lot of improvement, both in the company culture as well as performance. However... it seems easier for bad employees to transfer to a different department then get fired. To be on the receiving end, expecting a good employee but getting much less is quite disappointing.

Opportunity and Fun

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

For me, the opportunities have been shown within DE, I showed very quickly that I wanted to work hard and that I had what it took and I was promoted. Overall when you put forth, the doors open up. I've shared this same philosophy to my team members and I've had people who have worked for me for well over 5 years. The company has adapted greatly to the technology changes and the culture has as well. We now have fun events that everyone participates in and our overall well being has become even more important.

Cons

With many businesses under a larger umbrella it would be great if there was more collaboration. Many times we have two businesses working on very similar projects and issues and there isn't communication or collaboration within the businesses to work together.

Keep the communication up from above down. Encourage more of the businesses to work together across lines.

Worked for Dominion Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!