Dominion Transmission

Sr. Land Agent

Former Employee - Senior Land Agent in Murrysville, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Land Agent in Murrysville, PA

I worked at Dominion Transmission full-time

Pros

Reliable employment, for the most part - good people, steady work, well positioned with underground natural gas storage and transmission pipeline facilities.

Cons

Flat organizational structure, not enough truly experienced qualified people in some sectors of "middle" management. Lack of adequate staffing - some Manager can't keep with with e-mail activity and therefore can't function as effective managers!

Develop a program that monitors employees action time on receipt of emails. I personally fell victim to a backlog of over 200 unread email by my boss because of his lack of direction and it ultimately lead to a $2.5M fiasco and my decision to retire early! To this date he fails to recognize how his in-actions contributed to situation. This situation turned my retirement which should have been a joyous occasion into the worst day of my almost 36 year career (interrupted twice by downsizing of Dominion's predecessor) into the worst day of my career! By the way I plan on returning the plaque they sent men in recognition of my 12 years of service. To me it should read "Thirty-five Years of Interrupted Service", especially since the first 23 years were with CNG (their predecessor) and involved the same assets and facilities they now own!
    Sour grapes? Maybe but it's not like the first 23 years didn't happen!
    Don't look for their CEO on undercover bosses, those people usually wind up doing acts of kindness for valued employees no to them!