Domino's

Domino's Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle

J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in(in 38 reviews)

• If you need a flexible schedule, this is the job for you(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Unsteady paycheck, too much competition, put a lot of wear and tear on your car(in 15 reviews)

• No opportunities for advancement and never rose above minimum wage in over two years(in 25 reviews)

Work way too hard for the money!

Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) Grand Prairie, TX

ProsVery few of the people are ok or rememberable, trips where free and paid by the company but absolutely the only thing I like about it, when I'm away from it!

ConsWORK IS EXTREMELY TOO HARD FOR THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY! Stay away! Never feel like a part of the management team did the employees job ALL DAY, EVERYDAY.There is no way that a member of management team should work like that, it was an awful experience that I would'nt recommend to anyone that know or care about. They make it virtually impossible to learn anything or grow career wise, but they expect you to learn it on the fly. The worst training I ever had anywhere. It needs a total revampment of that so called training program.

Advice to Senior ManagementGetting better people in place that will accept new innovative ideas. Let leadership do that exactly, lead people.

Pay should be more

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI love my work environment and my Co workers. I also love knowing that I provide a great product to my customers

ConsFor everything that's asked of me and I'm an AM $8 an hr isn't worth it. Especially when you have a business degree. My insider makes the same as me and they have less responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement pay should be higher based on education and experience. You want to keep your employees not lose them cause they're not getting paid enough. Especially with general prices raising as well as gas going up. To some people they have to support a family too.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Delivery Expert

Delivery Expert (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsDecent work environment provided managers are competent. Tips are nice when given.

ConsTips aren't always guaranteed and nor is having a sensible manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring High School Drop outs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's good if you're a driver

Dominos Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsWork environment is relaxed. Free food everywhere. Managers generally care about you as a person. Even though food services can be/usually/always stressful, it doesn't really feel that way. Also, they'll write you up a billion times before they fire you.

ConsYou smell like pizza all day, everyday. It puts a beating on your car and on your love of people. If you work during the day they will try to make you door hang for which you are basically not compensated for.

Fun place to work

ProsWorked with some great people

ConsStore was understaffed, on busy days

Advice to Senior Managementyou should hire more people or give the current ones a rais

Good First Job

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Easthampton, MA

ProsIt is a great summer job/college job, ect. Mostly good people. Wage is fair for inexperienced young people.

ConsManagement is not paid nearly enough for what they do, and have to put up with. Very Physical Job.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor those who are asst. managers and managers- pay isn't where it should be based on what is expected. Rising food costs and corporate advertising fees/royalties are outstanding and make it harder for franchisees to pay livable wages. This is a very physical job, and one that requires quick-thinking, and problem solving, and other strong mentality skills, and should be compensated as such.

Reliable for a hard worker. Approaching work with an enthusiasm to please management and the customers, you will learn.

Shift Manager and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood exercise for insiders and managers, good communication skills are learned through customer service.

ConsMy store's general manager turnover was frequent and left me feel long overdue for a promotion and raise in accordance with a promise under previous management. A good regional manager will see through management changes and not allow an employee to feel like a victim. Also, they have introduced a lot of new products during the last few years. These product require me time, attention and energy from the employee; yet, while Domino's receives all of the additional profits, no pay increases or benefits were given to lower-level employees as a token of appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to those who strive to be promoted by bringing energy, respect and enthusiasm to work.

Low amount of pay and wear on car

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGot to meet new people

ConsLow pay, hard work, and lots of wear on your car.

Good Money

Driver (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsGood hourly pay when tips are included
    Flexible Schedule

ConsLots of car maintenence
    Sometimes schedule flexibility is ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication

I loved being a Assistant manager, many said i was the best. General manager not so much.

General Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsMy home town store had the best crew, i loved it. i love the rush! so much fun. General managers make 550 a week starting out,health insurance, dental, paid vacation. Bonus potential. Lead assistants make 10 an hour. MAX. CSR min. wage....

ConsI was promoted to a general managing position, i drive 45 mins to work every day, i work 50 hours and the employees at my store have no drive or motivation. The employees at my home store had so much drive and where great. Now im just this new boss, who no one likes because they miss their old boss. :/ I dont get paid enough... i made more money working 60-70 hours a week and a very short drive. how i miss those days. lol Dominos takes over your life, but you learn to love it, most stores create a close team dynamic.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay if the drive is long.

Worked for Domino's? Contribute to the Community!