Domino's Pizza UK

Updated December 15, 2014
2.9

Domino's Pizza UK CEO Lance Batchelor
Lance Batchelor

generally Good to work with Domino's. sometimes not so good.

Current Employee - Store Worker in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Store Worker in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK

Pros

Been at dominos 11 months as csr. recently was made head csr and have just started to progress onto other parts of the store ..eg make line. had people tell me no csr does everything like I do .. I guess if u want to learn something you just have to do it yourself.. no point asking management for any help..
     staff are generally friendly in the store. customers are usually pleasant and it's nice to get to know your regulars. flexible when it comes to days off and what time you need to leave ..

Cons

Most new staff come to work there on the basis of knowing someone else there.. 80 percent of workers are foreign and many with little or no English.
    hours can vary per week. One month you could come out with maybe 300 the next 800. not good if you need consistency.
    not keen on the franchisee owner and the previous one wasn't any better.. They seem to belittle you and make you seem stupid. One rule for the kings and one rule for us peasants slaving away for them.
    personally have found that the men in the store can seem to be sexist towards me and other females.. a lot drivers lazy and steal food off the racks.. means us csrs and make line get shouted at . customers can be abusive and horrible.. All for the sake of a free item at the end of it all.. because at the end of the day the customer is always right.... no breaks if u work long hours.. just enough to shove half a pizza down your throat if u can.
    no holiday pay unless u are full time..
    managers all seem to be the same ethnicity.. This is no problem to me.. but just seems like it's a you know me so I'll give you a chance at being manager kind of system...

Although their seems to be quite a few negatives it is not always like that at every store.. my time at dominos has been enjoyable but I think management past the store manage or shift runner should take time to actually interact with its employees .. don't just come in once a month telling everyone don't do this don't do that.. do this do that..

Good place to work as your first experience of management

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK

Pros

Flexible working hours and cheap food

Cons

Pay and lack of career progression

Treat your staff like an extension of your family and maybe they will hang around

Good part time work

Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver
    Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy job if you like to drive and listen to music in your car. Good job if your a student or retired to make a little extra cash.

Cons

The pay isn't too good and people don't always tip. Factor in the cost of gas and car repairs and you might not bring home much at the end of the week.

Can be stressful but okay

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK (less than an year)

Pros

The pros of the dominos that I work at is that if you want more hours just say and they will accommodate to you. Also, everyone pretty much knows someone in the shop before they start so everyone gets along. It's easy to get a job at dominos... The interview just consisted of the manager telling me about the job and just to copy answers off someone else's interview onto a questionnaire about the history of dominos (didn't actually need to know any of the answers)

Cons

The manager is very high strung and gets stressed about one order being on the screen. The pay is nmw which you think they could afford more since they charge such a high price for their pizzas!
    You have to deal with silly complaints by customers who know how to work the system in order to get free orders every time (e.g. "You sent the wrong dip, I want everything sent again for free... Terrible service!")
    At weekends orders can quickly build up and you might be at 30 pizzas down with only three staff on the makeline

More money please :(

Easy work but you're just another drone.

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time

Pros

Easy work, fairly flexible and laid back. The immediate management are friendly enough but you never see anyone above that. Some of the staff are nice but others not so much.

Cons

No finishing time, no set hours, 0 hour contract, bullying and talking about others between staff who need to grow up. Every day is the same.
    Dead end job with no prospects, it's not something you could make a career out of.

Provide more perks for your staff, raise the wage to a living wage, give proper breaks and set hours instead of random hours.

Delivery Driver

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK

Pros

Free Food, Good management and team

Cons

Low pay, night time work

Care about workers

Worst company everrrrr

Former Employee - Store Manager in Dorchester, South West England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dorchester, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours if you are the bosses lap dog.

Cons

minimum wage even if you are shift manager, no bonuses, no benefits, long hours. bad franchises, work more have less pay, no rewards for hard work. no incentive to work hard but always being pressured to over achieve.
    avoid this job like its the plague. i worked my way up from the bottom to store manager and was always getting put down, after maternity leave my job position had been given away and i had to start all over again.

Take a look into you employees shoes.

Poor managment

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Norwich, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Norwich, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

driving is fun.We can have to wrong orders.Some friendly staff.

Cons

Some foreigner worker understand only basic english or none.

be more organized

Hard work, long hours, horrible pay!!

Current Employee - Pizza Maker in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Pizza Maker in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Staff are friendly!, You meet new people! Free Pizza! Close relationships with staff and some shift runners!

Cons

Horrible pay, long hours with little or no breaks, treated like a slave, management really do NOT care about you! Hard to move up! no extra pay!

Management should create some sort of extra pay or unsociable hours! I'm currently doing 86 hours, with 4 12 hour shifts, at 5.03 an hour over the span of 8 days. I've asked for a pay rise just to get scoffed at!!! I find it difficult to have loyalty in a company that prefers money of customer/employee satisfaction!

Decent wages, decent hours, decent respect is seriously needed in this company!!! we are NOT slaves!!

Great organization to work for.

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK

Pros

Leadership. Great starter job for anyone wanting success in their future.

Cons

Long hours, fast paced environment. You can be trained so don't let it scare you.

Value your employees. Let them know you care.