Domino's Pizza UK

www.dominos.uk.com
Profile Unclaimed

Hard work, long hours, horrible pay!!

Current Employee - Pizza Maker in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Pizza Maker in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Staff are friendly!, You meet new people! Free Pizza! Close relationships with staff and some shift runners!

Cons

Horrible pay, long hours with little or no breaks, treated like a slave, management really do NOT care about you! Hard to move up! no extra pay!

Management should create some sort of extra pay or unsociable hours! I'm currently doing 86 hours, with 4 12 hour shifts, at 5.03 an hour over the span of 8 days. I've asked for a pay rise just to get scoffed at!!! I find it difficult to have loyalty in a company that prefers money of customer/employee satisfaction!

Decent wages, decent hours, decent respect is seriously needed in this company!!! we are NOT slaves!!

Awesome! Best Place Ive Worked. Ever.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great. we are all in the same boat. work is fun aswell as rewarding. very well structured and a genuine pleasure to go into work. and.... FREE PIZZA!!!!

Cons

probably the exessive heat coming from the oven. and the long hours spend standing up. but non the less its a cool job.

some sort of bonus scheme or or benefit system for those that go above and beyond and work harder than the other staff when promotions or payrises are not avaiabl.e

Well below standard

Former Employee - Trainee Manager
    Former Employee - Trainee Manager

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free pizza if you work more than 8 hours.
    Regular breaks IF your a smoker
    Staff are generally pleasant to work with.

Cons

Terrible basic training - learning everything is not particular hard at all and easy enough to pick up but very little training was by management as you would expect, training was mostly done by staff.
    Basic hygiene and health and safety - produce being out of refrigeration for prolonged periods of time. Refrigeration being damaged or at an unsatisfactory temperature.
    No breaks no matter how long your shift is.
    Staff Not washing or using the hand sanitizer between different jobs.
    Wastage - refusing to dispose of stock so that management can recieve their yearly Bonus.
    Employee's mainly under 18s for lowest minimum wage employment.
    Staff cursing at each other including management.
    Drivers and staff not upholding basic body hygiene

Rethink your standards of hygiene and health and safety.
    Do not sacrifice the health of your customers for the sake of a bonus.

An easy, relatively satisfying part-time job.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy work, friendly staff and free food. I did this to earn money for traveling and it was no-nonsense and allowed me to save enough.

Cons

Relatively low pay and difficult to promote from the driver job but there were a couple of people who were used as shift/assistant managers - those were the guys who put in the most hours.

A commission system for bringing in new business would be beneficial.

The work was not especially demanding but I felt like I was not at all important to anybody in management.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work was fairly straight forward and the hours at my store were quite flexible.

Cons

In the three years I worked at Domino's, I was never offered any opportunities for advancement. My wage was always at NMW level, which I felt was something of an insult considering the potentially dangerous nature of my work as a delivery driver. The driving force behind the running of the store always seemed to be numbers and targets, and never direct customer satisfaction. Employee well-being and safety seemed to be very low on the list of priorities set by Head Office.

Show at least a little bit of respect to the people who do the work. On the several occasions that I had direct contact with anybody from Head Office I was often treated like I didn't really matter - certainly not like a person worth being polite to.

Challenging

Current Employee - Instore in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Instore in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very flexible hours and a friendly atmosphere with colleagues.

Cons

Dealing with drunk customers instore is tough and tiring, standing up for long hours aches as well.

More organisation is needed.
    Listen to staff a little more
    Area managers should be less authoritarian and more democratic

Busy atmosphere- but sometimes fun.

Former Employee - Front of House Staff Member in Braintree, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Front of House Staff Member in Braintree, England (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Full Health and safety training. Possible progression to higher position within the company. Staff Discount. You are part of a team and you all work together to get the jobs done efficiently.

Cons

Challenging customers you must be able to stay calm when customers challenge you over their orders. You get prank calls and orders that aren't really wanted. Weekends were extremely busy and sometimes I found it hard to cope.

Colleagues are very friendly and great management. Area manager sometimes does not do what he promises.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coventry, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coventry, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The rota is very flexible and could call in easily to request a favour in terms of time-off.

Cons

Does not offer paid holiday.

It is the best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You always get to meet new people - this is the best aspect. You get promoted very quick if you show passion for your work.

Cons

Sometimes you might get really busy and this might be a bit stressful but I wouldn't consider I've encountered any cons in 3 years working for Domino's

been in Dominos for sooo long, it`s the right place for me and i love every moment i spend whilst on duty.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Busy environment! Keeps you always on your toes! Its challenging and very dynamic ! I love every second i have spend in dominos for the past 6 years

Cons

achieving targets such as labour cost food cost and at same time maintaining a good atmosphere within store and making sure customers are satisfied.

give some freedom to managers !