Domino's Pizza UK Reviews

Updated March 17, 2015
49 reviews filtered by

1. Colleagues are very friendly and great management. Area manager sometimes does not do what he promises.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coventry, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coventry, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The rota is very flexible and could call in easily to request a favour in terms of time-off.

Cons

Does not offer paid holiday.

2. Intense but sometimes rewarding.

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you find the right store - the sense of teamwork and camaraderie from 'beating the rush' is exhilarating. The chance to move up and have a real impact on your local store if you wish. Pizza - everyone loves pizza

Cons

Because it is a franchised business, the attitude of your Franchisee/Area Manger will dramatically affect your experience. Many see of people purple as a replaceable resource. Lots of inexperienced managers that aren't quite ready or capable or handling the pressures of the business.

People need to be considered less of a resource to be turned over. If you can teach this to franchisees and local management you will have less issues with customer service and actually develop and retain passionate staff.

3. been in Dominos for sooo long, it`s the right place for me and i love every moment i spend whilst on duty.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Busy environment! Keeps you always on your toes! Its challenging and very dynamic ! I love every second i have spend in dominos for the past 6 years

Cons

achieving targets such as labour cost food cost and at same time maintaining a good atmosphere within store and making sure customers are satisfied.

give some freedom to managers !

5. It is the best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You always get to meet new people - this is the best aspect. You get promoted very quick if you show passion for your work.

Cons

Sometimes you might get really busy and this might be a bit stressful but I wouldn't consider I've encountered any cons in 3 years working for Domino's

Driver = Easy, enjoyable job

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can chat with lots of people, albeit very briefly. Learn your local area like the back of your hand. Other staff members tend to be very friendly

Cons

Hours are unsociable, expected to work Friday and Saturday night. You can get sent home after only an hour or two's work on a quiet night, as you're not contracted to any specific hours.

7. Great part time job, wouldn't consider it for full time.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The hours were pretty flexible, you got to know everyone that was working with you, the work is easy, great as a second job.

Cons

Not once while working have I ever seen a delivery driver get a break (even though some work 10+ hour days, despite the fact instores working less hours get more breaks), because there is no set finish time you never know when you'll be sent home, the hours can either be really long or really short, I've done several shifts under 2 hours with sometimes 1 or 2 deliveries, the delivery drivers aren't viewed as important compared to the instores which I've seen upset some people, most of the work is at night so if you're trying to balance college or university it becomes a little harder to find the time.

8. Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canterbury, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canterbury, England (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes easy hours, whenever there were no promotions or special offers
    Friendly working environment among other service representatives although the guys working in the kitchen couldn't speak English because they were all from Poland.

Cons

Tuesdays were very busy and hectic,
    Management was not very competent, there was a lack of communication with the staff, only one manager was keeping good relations with their employees, the rest of the management were not very friendly.

More training required to new employees, as well as adequate training for existing employees

9. If you need easy work...

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible hours, hourly pay, business insurance

Cons

Can be made to work very late due to no fixed hours, some managers don't care about staff and staff only get a 50% discount and that's only on pizza!

Pay attention to your staff and plan things a lot more

10. Easy job made difficult by erratic hours and not much to show for it.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The job is not challenging and other members of staff are for the most part very friendly. The expectations placed upon myself were easy to comply with. For a zero hours contract I was never lacking work. The in-store manager was excellent and took great pride in a well run service. The store was always clean and had good standards of food hygiene.

Cons

The pay is very meagre; there is no compensation for wear and tear on your vehicle and 'drop' money barely covers fuel expenses. Shifts can last from 1 hour to 12+ with no indication of a finishing time before or during a shift. The regional management were impolite and sometimes outright rude to the staff. The nature of the conditions resulted in a high staff turnover esulting in many under experienced employees. breaks were seldom given and unpaid.

While it would be hard to guarantee shift end times however these issues were usually down to a general lack of staff. To encourage more drivers to join Dominos and relive pressure on managers to keep drivers in for extended periods staff compensation should be raised.

11. Very challenging

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great people, flexi working time

Cons

work-life balance if a family person with kids is very hard. @4/7 demand for your expertise is a must.

Treat your team well, they will produce better results.