Domino's Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
3.4

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in (in 43 reviews)

• At the store I worked at the people there where easy to work with and helpfully (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The wear and tear on a person's vehicle can offset the benefits (in 19 reviews)

• Despicable corporate greed while you pay minimum wage to your employees and BELOW (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

Great part time job with huge potential

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbury, MN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbury, MN

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get what you put into it. I worked 30-40 hours a week and my efforts were certainly recognized. Within three months of working there, I was promoted to Assistant Manager. The GM told me that if I kept up the same pace, in a few years I would have my own store. It was an exciting opportunity and idea, but I was 18 and moving away for college soon. This is a great opportunity for a first job or for a career. As a result of this, I had a wide range of co-workers. For a short time, I was the only girl at our store, but I worked with a range of personalities that were ages 16 through 65. Really, a great group of guys.
    I loved only seeing the customer for 30 seconds, when they finally received their order. High volume works well for me, others maybe not so much. I gained a huge variety of skills from this line of work including getting from A to B and back VERY quickly.

Cons

As with most food service, the tips are hit or miss. I was thankfully located a the Woodbury, Minnesota store which is a growing, rich suburb of the Twin Cities, making my income pretty steady. There are plenty of horror stories in the news about delivery drivers being robbed, their cars being stolen, broken into, etc. Usually, this is in the big cities that are known for high crime rates, (Chicago, New York, L.A.) so choose your neighborhood wisely.
    Working here beat the crap out of my car. I quickly learned how to change my own oil as well as other basic car maintenance for good and bad weather. By the time I moved away, my honda was covered in dents, dings, scratches and had plenty of close calls. The compensation for miles is not good at all, especially with how high gas can spike sometimes.

Companies like Domino's need to take a stand to raise minimum wage and tipped wage. In some states/areas, tipped wages are drastically lower than minimum wage. In Minnesota, there is no difference between tipped and minimum wage, which is the only reason I initially took the job. Think about how many great opportunities are being missed, because people can't live on $2.00 an hour.

delivery driver

Former Employee - Driver in Canton, GA
    Former Employee - Driver in Canton, GA

I worked at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with were amazing, the hours were pretty decent.

Cons

The tips could be really crappy sometimes.

Good pay with tips, late hours

Current Employee - Delivery Expert
    Current Employee - Delivery Expert

I have been working at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fellow staff tend to be friendly and the customers are generally very appreciative. Generally flexible hours. Minimum wage plus tips makes about $17/hour.

Cons

Beating the clock to deliver on time can lead to dangerous driving or higher stress at work. You will almost always get off around 2am on weekends, which is fine, but can lead to a diminished social life.

The management do a great job of handling stress from higher ups, but some small improvements to store cleanliness etc. would make audits much less stressful.

Delivered pizzas to an array of college students in a killer college town.

Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Isla Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Isla Vista, CA

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Receiving cash tips after each shift is a major bonus of being a delivery driver. In busy store ares such as college towns, big cities and any urban area, really, drivers working part-time earn a solid covering basic necessities. I funded roughly 50-60% of my college out of pocket all thanks to Domino's Isla Vista.!

Cons

Numerous pizza places today cater to the ever-increasing nocturnal population. Shift work is honestly terrible. One day you work until eight or nine in the evening, and all seems well. Next, you're working a double shift until four a.m. the weekend before midterms or finals and scrape a C on your exam. That isn't the terrible part though. Upper management, aka the Franchisees, are generally disrespectful, self-centered and arrogant. To them, we are merely pawns in a giant chess match that ends with not taking the king, but taking in as much money as possible. Isla Vista was a goldmine for Domino's owners. Highly sought after. Our managers ranged from 19-35 years old. Managers earned between $9.00-$14.00 an hour, an hourly wage I earned on a bad night...

Recognize the individuals behind the scenes. The employees putting in 45-50 hours a week for little pay; the managers who are capable of cranking out 20 pizzas a minute simply to keep the "OER" at a high level. It is outrageous that money trumps a person's value as a human being. Take care of of those below, and reap the rewards above. It isn't necessarily about money, either. It is giving employees a drive to excel, a reason for coming to work, a sense of calm knowing they will have the money for next month's bills. Trust me, pay your employees moderately well, provide incentive, treat them with respect and as your equals, and the rest comes together naturally.

Fun place, super long hours.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Burtonsville, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Burtonsville, MD

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment at times. Have fun. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Ridiculously long hours with no breaks.

Give me more money.

Loved The Company, Not so much for the Franchisor

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Domino's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cool Environment
    Cool Management
    Very flexible with my college schedule

Cons

Personal growth within the company is limited
    Compensation is too low for your management and your employees

I absolutely love the company still to this day, but I had to leave due to the fact I couldn't pay for college with the compensation I was receiving.

Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Delivery Expert in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Delivery Expert in Kent, WA

I have been working at Domino's part-time

Pros

The management is more than willing to work around your school schedule, 2nd job etc. They just care that you devote whatever reasonable time to them you can.

Presuming you aren't a bunghole on the road they will do nothing but treat you with respect.

Extra pizzas are always a plus as well :D

Cons

Management ca be horrid to customers in times of nastiness. You need to be 100% on your toes and treat the guest in your face EXTRA good in order to retain them as a customer.

Watch your managers and how they interact in times of customer complaints. Eating the cost of a few pizzas tonight can retain a customer for life.

dominos

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Dothan, AL

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours friendly team to work with i love my job as a driver i get to ride around listen to music while getting my pizzas to there destination very stress free environment plus making pizza is very fun also

Cons

getting hours can be tough somtimes and not every customer will tip but pay can be decent sometimes

Driver

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Passaic, NJ
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Passaic, NJ

I worked at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Organized dispatch system. Good team work. Easy to understand.

Cons

customers may sometimes not answer the door or their cell phone numbers.

Train drivers to multitask while in the store.

Good place

Current Employee - Insider
    Current Employee - Insider

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discounted food, Cool co-workers, learn how to make food

Cons

Bad pay, scheduling issues often, many workers slack off when not busy

Treat employees with respect and keep them in mind to keep them for a long time