Domino's

Updated December 11, 2014
3.4

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in (in 45 reviews)

• If you need a flexible schedule, this is the job for you (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • 80 cents is scratching the surface when it comes to wear and tear (in 19 reviews)

• With any fast food minimum wage job you will get the scum of the earth (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Pizza

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

Good job, good pay, fun fast pace

Cons

Massive stress and pressure, high turn over

Great cash, good food, car damage

Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun college job or part time gig. Tips and a drivers rate is tacked on for gas in addition to minimum wadge. Cool people to work with and the chores are really easy.

Cons

The managers are usually really young and immature with very little experience in managing a restaurant. Those who have worked at a store for an extended amount of time are usually disgruntled and malcontent with the pay rate. In one of the years I worked as a driver I put 40,000 city miles on a relatively new car.

The owners were nice and the GM was good, but management let most of the staff get away with a lot of things that most would consider uncouth.

Fun good times in traveling with group of traditional characters. People like the pizzas we made big time for a while.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

Travel and good time when i made use of it. Always something to do there.

Cons

I keep liking the world outside but like fun time when I should be working on more than just company.

Don't get too snobby when you all make life grand

I love my job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auburn University, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auburn University, AL

I have been working at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, fun environment, good team work, leftover pizza, plenty of hours. Work during the day is pretty laid back since Auburn is a college town. I love meeting all the different people that call and come in. I have also enjoyed getting to know my coworkers and having a good time with them even if it is a hard day.

Cons

You don't usually get off on time, usually busy which can be a good and bad, some management has superiority complexes sometimes, not always the cleanest restaurant but only because it is such a busy store. You work much harder in the evening and night especially during the bar rush. Sometimes on game days you'll be tempted to take your apron off and run like crazy to get away from the team rivalries and inebriated patrons. Take one phone call and one customer at a time. You can't be superman. Do your best and you shouldn't have a problem. You will always have days that just don't seem to click in the store but you go home and hope tomorrow is better. It usually is.

Treat employees with respect. Your employees will return it ten fold. Yelling only breeds contempt and resentment. I respond much better to constructive criticism rather than be screamed at or berated in front of customers. Take me aside and speak privately. If I as an employee can give you the respect you deserve for being the boss, I believe you can respect me for the days off that I come in to help, the hard work I give you, and the good customer service I provide even though a customer is yelling at me for circumstances beyond my control or beyond anyone's control. We all deserve respect as people and for putting forth the effort to do the job correctly and thoroughly.

Room for growth

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

There's lots of room for growth at this job of you want it. Dominos likes to promote from within. So if you are hard working and give 100% every time you go to work you can move up the ladder fast.

Cons

No real cons unless you're lazy.

have more pizza

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great compensation, great people to work with

Cons

this is not a 9-5 job, you have to be very committed and flexible which can be detrimental to a good life-work balalance

Good Money For A College Kid

Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very Easy Job. Paid Mileage. Paid In Cash Daily. Flexible Hours. Great Money On Game Nights/Weekends Usually $80-$100+ In Tips. Laid Back Atmosphere. Competitive=The Faster You Deliver The More You Make. Deliver To Lots Of Cute Girls. Usually Make About $12-$17 An Hour Depending On Business. Free Food. Good Exercise. Very Easy Job To Get For Guys With Minor Criminal Records Or Low Education Levels. No Drug Tests. Awesome Managers.

Cons

No Breaks. Long Shifts Sometimes 10+ Hours. Occasional $0 Tips And Rude Customers. You Only Make $5.00 An Hour When Clocked Out On Runs. At Times Business Can Be Slow. Small Pay Checks And Heavy Taxation On Tips. Lots Of Mileage And Higher Probability Of Car Problems.

The paid mileage is great. I just wish that we could make minimum wage on deliveries too. After taxes I usually only make about $4-$5 an hour excluding tips. Either increase gas money to cover the cost of gas per mile AND wear and tear or increase driver pay to $7.25 an hour on the road.

Excellent

Former Employee - Henderson in Owensboro, KY
    Former Employee - Henderson in Owensboro, KY

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dealing with the people and seeing new customers and old and the people you get to work with

Cons

Long hours not enough pay and magmt suck's not enough room to advance.running out of food and no tips on some delivery

Listen to your employees

It was a fun job

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Boston, GA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Boston, GA

I worked at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meet new people good extra money.

Cons

Dealing with people not happy with wait time.

Company cars.

Best environment to work at! I miss working here so much.

Former Employee - Insider in Scottsville, KY
    Former Employee - Insider in Scottsville, KY

I worked at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Always had something to do like clean things and prepare boxes.

Cons

I wasn't working enough hours to pay any bills. I only made 7.25