Domino's

Domino's Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle

J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in(in 38 reviews)

• If you need a flexible schedule, this is the job for you(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Unsteady paycheck, too much competition, put a lot of wear and tear on your car(in 15 reviews)

• No opportunities for advancement and never rose above minimum wage in over two years(in 25 reviews)

Very satisfied with the franchise I work for.

Store Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe culture is wonderful, the pay is great, there is a definite strive for meeting goals and breaking records.

ConsYou are never not working. As a general manager there is always something to worry about within the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalancing opening, mid, and closing shifts can be very difficult unless you have the right team behind you. Diligence when hiring and proper training of employees can make life a lot more comfortable.

I enjoyed it

Dominos Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsThe tips are actually a lot better than you would expect if you have customer service skills. Overall its not a bad place to work if you can think for yourself.

ConsGoing into people's homes can sometimes be different than you would expect, and a lot of times you will walk into situations that are not ideal. Overall the wear on my car was the hardest part.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook out for your employees

Great environment to work at

ProsGreat staff to work with

Consto handle rush hour business

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging but super fun

Insider (Current Employee) Calabasas, CA

ProsFun, not super stressful, flexible hours, tips,

ConsDealing with angry or demanding customers

Very fun. I met lots good deal of great people.

Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsDecent pay, friendly managers and employees.

ConsCustomers can be very rude.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you've been doing!

Great Company and job

Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Sumter, SC

ProsThe company as a whole is a great company with great ideas and enthusiasm.

ConsBarely enough money to pay for gas.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay drivers more, especially since they drive their own cars and have to maintain them all on their own.

Challenging but rewarding.

ProsWork-Life Balance, Coworkers, Thriving Culture, On-site Fitness Center, Great Benefits

ConsLower pay scale, Department Silos

Love it at Domino's. Terrific opportunity for those with a great attitude and a willingness to work hard.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsGreat opportunities and culture.
    People are straight forward and helpful.
    Really amazing things happening with technology.
    The headquarters office (called the world resource center) is really cool.
    You're making pizzas for people. It's fun!

ConsIt can be hard work. The stores get very busy, particularly during their rush.

Badass!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic place to work!

A brilliant way to make money!

A great time while making some great friends!

ConsCould take a toll on your car (if you drive wreckless)...so don't.

Be safe and responsible.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job!

Limited Growth Potential at Franchise Stores

Delivery Expert (Current Employee) Martinsburg, WV

ProsGood experience for first-timers (high school insiders/pizza makers) and people with real-life challenges that have created less than ideal employment desirability. Will teach enthusiastic starters the lesson of exploitation that will hopefully pay off in future employment.

ConsLow pay and limited growth potential. The usual growth path is driver -> general manager in training -> general manager -> franchise owner. The first step (driver) is extremely low paying ($5.25/hr) with the only income potential being tip income. The next step (general manager in training) is essentially a shift supervisor that also is extremely low paying ($8.25 - $10.25) for the incredible amount of stress involved in running a store for a 9-12 hour shift. Drivers are also expected to do what amounts to janitorial work at the end of the day having to clean the entire store at $5.25/hr. if you are scheduled as the "closing driver". There are very few deliveries to be made in this 2-3 hour period prior to closing.

Advice to Senior Managementpay a living wage (exclusive of tip income); pay shift differential for working opening or closing shifts; allow promotional pricing to be applied to delivery orders and not just carryouts; don't treat drivers as janitors...I am here to deliver product and provide excellent customer service, not clean!

Worked for Domino's? Contribute to the Community!