Domino's Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
3.4

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in (in 39 reviews)

• If you need a flexible schedule, this is the job for you (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • The wear and tear on a person's vehicle can offset the benefits (in 19 reviews)

• Drivers make less than minimum wage with the promise that tips will help elevate that to at least minimum (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Ok if you only want a few hours

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Domino's part-time for less than a year

Pros

none, besides free pizza at times

Cons

15 hours a week, low pay

Okay place to work

Current Employee - Delivery Expert
    Current Employee - Delivery Expert

I have been working at Domino's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Living and working in a college is pretty fun. We get super busy on game days and being a driver, there is much money to be made. The overall atmosphere is good. Being a driver you get paid a decent amount without doing much work. It beats being a waitress or a waiter.

Cons

It takes a toll on your car and there really isn't any compensation for that.
    The management at my current location

At my current location, cut the drama and stop play favorites.

Was a great part time job. consistantly could get 20-30 hours per week after I learned everything.

Former Employee - Deliver Expert  in  Woodland, CA
    Former Employee - Deliver Expert in Woodland, CA

I worked at Domino's part-time for less than a year

Pros

tips for driving. pretty consistant hours. fairly easy to learn the store function within 3 months. if you work hard you will do well.

Cons

driver reimbursement isnt very good. delegation of duties isnt great so efficiency isnt good when it gets busy. minimum wage

organization could be better with delegation of duties for high stress times

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate IT @World Headquarters Review (Mid Level)

Former Employee - Software Development  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Software Development in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Domino's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co workers at my level were good people mostly.
    Health Insurance is fairly cheap (but for IT work honestly not all that great).

Cons

HR will only pay up to a MAXIMUM of the 70th percentile of the average cost of <insert job title here> in the Greater Detroit Area. If you work in IT, you probably realize how ridiculous and stupid this is. Domino's is a company that says they are "Exceptional", yet the pay they offer - HR does not allow over that 70th percentile. HR will likely try and sell you on taking a lower salary than you otherwise would because they have a X% bonus (dependent on where they place you in the hierarchy). Personal opinion - don't take it. It isn't a guaranteed bonus. Also, that argument is purely ridiculous. A bonus should be a bonus, not something that "gets you up" to market level. Ugh.

In IT we have INCREDIBLE mobility, so predictably a lot of people go to Domino's, get denied raises (or get piddling single digit ones, even while the company stock is doubling every year) and ragequit. Think about it - it's pretty easy to get a raise at most companies as an IT worker. It simply does not make sense to stay at a place giving you a $1000 raise a year (or typically, less) - when you can walk out the door and make $20k more nearly _anyplace_ else, because you work in IT and are actually good at your job. HR seems to not understand this. Honestly, HR at Domino's is malignant, and incredibly frustrating to deal with. What's more, they will treat you like a child, almost guaranteed. They will talk down to you and say you don't know what you actually should be making. They will browbeat you until you tell them why you are unhappy, why you can't adjust to what they are "so gracious" to give you, and tell you to shut up. I could write an entire essay about them, but I'll stop there.

Further, promotions are insanely and detrimentally political. They interview all the VPs in your department before allowing a promotion at the mid level??? IT is 150 people and there are like 5 VPs! So if you land at Domino's, plan to shmooze for the long term.

Expect to work in a Silo. "Warring" teams definitely are the norm here. It almost seems like they encourage it! Pretty much no IT team has any accountability to any other, and they are kept in their own section for some bizzarre reason. It's an open office design (don't get me started on this.... you WILL get sick more often) so I don't understand why people aren't moved around with their projects and teams can't ACTUALLY collaborate?

Domino's Corporate Culture is absolutely INSANE. Prepare to have one 2 hr company meeting a month. Prepare to feel like you have your eyes pried open and are forced to watch pandering, insulting drivel - kind of like that scene in "A Clockwork Orange" with the main character in the theater with his eyes pried open. Just... the most insane corporate cheerleading you can possibly imagine. It gets old really fast.

Lastly - you will be required to be at the office 9-4 M-F. Ok, at any other job this makes sense, but IT workers? Practically any other IT job lets you work from home some or flex schedule outside of 9-4 MF. Why not Domino's? "The store workers can't work from home, so why should you be able to?" If I shook my head any harder, it might fall off. Get with the times or become a dinosaur, Domino's.

To the execs: If you're going to double your own salaries over a period of 3 years, at least increase the salaries of your workers a LITTLE bit, for f*** sake. Seriously, do the right thing and PAY WHAT YOUR PEOPLE ARE WORTH, ESPECIALLY IN IT. Until you do that, this place will continue to be a nightmare for many, as you will note in MANY other reviews how people are saying it was a depressing, soul crushing job. Is HR seriously OK with that??? I think it would be silly to believe that they don't read reviews on glassdoor.com. After all, as it was explained to me by HR many times "they know the market conditions better than [you] do!"

To the middle management: Let's be real here - politically, this place is toxic. It's a "pain contest" in every way, only way people are getting promotions is by being there the longest and greasing the most palms. It's completely obvious.

There should be more managers fostering inter-team collaboration. Some do this; most don't. And you know what happens? Warring silos. IT workers hating this team or that team because they "never get anything done", just overall ridiculous situations brought on by "Launch and Flee" attitudes (launch your finished project, run away as fast as you can before we have to support it! Dump it on team X quick they support this because <vague reason>) being VERY prevalent (and accepted!) and a really bad system of accountability between levels. At above the VP level or above, outside your team - don't expect any support from anyone. You may have to kick and scream to get things done. It is what it is. Again I go back to "warring silos". The only way management can fix these things is be honest about them and holistically take steps to address them. IE - monitor these specific behaviors, make sure everyone knows they are NOT ok. Otherwise, dysfunction, unending - just a guess.

if you need experience but are short on time this is the job for you

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Domino's part-time for less than a year

Pros

The job is good as an introduction to working and helps you learn to cater to the customer and work on some of the fundamentals of selling a product.

Cons

The down side is that the shifts are really short, I usually only work 2-3 hours on nights it isn't busy and i only get 1-3 days of work per week so it isnt a very efficient source of income.

good place to work at to meet cool people

Former Employee - Insider  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Insider in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Domino's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the good reasons to work at Domino's is being able to set your schedule and being able to ask for certain days off.
    The second one is being able to meet cool people
    the third is being able to try the new stuff that comes out lol

Cons

what sucks about Domino's is that they don't really give good raises for drivers or insiders
    sometimes the management sucks too

appreciate your employees and give them the raise they deserve.

awful hours and pay

Current Employee - Customer Service/Cashier  in  Eagle, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Cashier in Eagle, ID

I have been working at Domino's part-time for less than a year

Pros

easy work and friendly co workers

Cons

awful hours, terrible pay and no advancement.

give more hours to the people outside of high school, it would mean alot and be smart

Fun People, Poor Pay

Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Orem, UT

I worked at Domino's full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that work there are awesome, fun, and generally have a great sense of humor. This company does a great job making sure the customer is happy. The pizza is... well you either love it or you hate it. The wings aren't bad.

Cons

The pay is probably the worst in the food industry. They pay assistant managers barely above minimum wage. Thing is, I've been in the food industry for 20+ years, and I know I'm worth way more than 8.50 per hour as a manager. Drivers... only work here if you don't care much about your car or the mileage. Customers in Utah tip cheap, and the base pay with the mileage you're paid with Domino's doesn't make up the difference... you will end up loosing more than you make unless you work on a really busy Friday or Saturday night.

Put in an automatic gratuity with every delivery order for your drivers, or pay more mileage for your drivers. If you're not going to pay more for mileage, provide delivery cars for your drivers. Where is that extra $1+ per delivery going??? Educate your customers about what the delivery fee is. Most customers think the drivers get the entire $2 delivery fee, when in reality, drivers are only getting about half of that. As a result, your drivers get stiffed out of a tip about half the time. Get with the times and pay your managers more money! For the responsibilities you're asking for out of managers, a person can do the same job with a different company such as McDonald's or Wendys and get paid on average $2 or $3 more per hour!! I left your company, and am making $13.50 an hour for McDonalds as a manager... not a GM, but just a basic, run of the mill assistant manager.

Nepotism runs rampant

Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver  in  Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Aurora, CO

I worked at Domino's part-time for less than a year

Pros

none, unless you're fresh out of high school and have no prior experience to compare to, have no responsibilities or are related to management

Cons

I was very specific with the hiring manager as to what my capabilities and limitations are during my interview. First weeks schedule was fine, after that they scheduled me outside the parameters that were agreed to and then punished me via scheduling (too few hours one week, too many the next, closing shifts when I specified I couldn't work past 10pm) for bringing it to their attention and said I was a "pain in the *expletive*". They consistently tried to call me in early because the only time the store was properly staffed is when one of the 2 managers whose family is employed there was working- with their family. Managers brought friends and family who aren't employed there in to do closing duties or just to visit with them in the office after hours. Unauthorized personnel are a liability. A lot of OBVIOUS talking behind English only speaking employees backs in Spanish. INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS delivery area. I felt like I was in danger a lot. Not even allowed to have mace in your car. In store crew (managers family) spends a majority of their time on their phones, yet I was yelled at for answering an important text between deliveries. Very lax food handling and hygiene. Pizza makers answered phones then handled food without washing their hands. There are a lot of double standards. They only respect you if you are family or do their bidding without rewards. Manager squawking about mistakes affecting her bonus. Totally inappropriate. I have worked in restaurants for 20+ years and have never seen so much nepotism and unprofessionalism

when someone is VERY specific during the interview in regards to their limitations, you agree to honor that when you HIRE THEM. You can't change the game then get upset when the employee can't oblige.

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Delivery Expert  in  Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Delivery Expert in Lowell, AR

I have been working at Domino's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great tips to pay your bills

Cons

Not a place for career

Train people

Worked for Domino's? Contribute to the Community!