Domino's Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
3.4

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in (in 38 reviews)

• If you need a flexible schedule, this is the job for you (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Unsteady paycheck, too much competition, put a lot of wear and tear on your car (in 15 reviews)

• No opportunities for advancement and never rose above minimum wage in over two years (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Customer Service Job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Gainesville, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gainesville, VA

I worked at Domino's full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a "Customer Service Representative" at Domino's you are really a general inside employee which is a good thing. Once you get beyond your initial phone training you'll get access to many different jobs within the store which allows for a more interesting work day than other jobs where you might only work a cash register. This also allows greater socializing which speeds up the workday.

Cons

Irregular hours, minimum wage, general cons to a customer service job in the food industry.

Create more room for small promotions to encourage good insiders to stay inside.

Good for college students

Former Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Domino's full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours were very flexible, all tips and gas mileage were paid every night and shifts typically are no longer than 6 hours.

Cons

It is possible for drivers to make more than the general manager. Also depending upon where you deliver, you could possibly be put in a dangerous situation.

Possibly consider paying managers more and screening potential hires more closely. Be sure to enforce rules such as no smoking while going on a delivery.

Lots of opportunities

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - General Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Domino's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are lots of advancement opportunities to be had all the way up to franchisee, on the job training, support from team and HQ.

Cons

Working up to very late nights, there is not really a set schedule since business patterns are unpredictable. Sometimes high turnover.

Lots of ingenuity happens at the store level. Don't be so closed minded to it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

here's a good job for you!

Former Employee - Pizza Maker  in  Centerville, OH
    Former Employee - Pizza Maker in Centerville, OH

I worked at Domino's part-time for less than a year

Pros

I liked working at dominos, for the half off pizza. great up beat people to work with, loved meeting new people, and helping customers enjoy their quality pizza.

Cons

management could be a little less bossy and sometimes rude, other than that you guys are doing a great job. :)

The management is great mind some rude ones. um you should be more flexible if someone is sick. and more hands on for some of the people who get confused on the job. :P

A good job to have while in school or if you just need the money

I worked at Domino's

Pros

Training takes only a couple days and you are good to go. They also have no problem teaching you more as you continue to work there.

Cons

You will definitely put a lot of miles on your car. Many times I would wish our gas compensation was better.

Keep up the good work

Nepotism runs rampant

Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver  in  Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Aurora, CO

I worked at Domino's part-time for less than a year

Pros

none, unless you're fresh out of high school and have no prior experience to compare to, have no responsibilities or are related to management

Cons

I was very specific with the hiring manager as to what my capabilities and limitations are during my interview. First weeks schedule was fine, after that they scheduled me outside the parameters that were agreed to and then punished me via scheduling (too few hours one week, too many the next, closing shifts when I specified I couldn't work past 10pm) for bringing it to their attention and said I was a "pain in the *expletive*". They consistently tried to call me in early because the only time the store was properly staffed is when one of the 2 managers whose family is employed there was working- with their family. Managers brought friends and family who aren't employed there in to do closing duties or just to visit with them in the office after hours. Unauthorized personnel are a liability. A lot of OBVIOUS talking behind English only speaking employees backs in Spanish. INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS delivery area. I felt like I was in danger a lot. Not even allowed to have mace in your car. In store crew (managers family) spends a majority of their time on their phones, yet I was yelled at for answering an important text between deliveries. Very lax food handling and hygiene. Pizza makers answered phones then handled food without washing their hands. There are a lot of double standards. They only respect you if you are family or do their bidding without rewards. Manager squawking about mistakes affecting her bonus. Totally inappropriate. I have worked in restaurants for 20+ years and have never seen so much nepotism and unprofessionalism

when someone is VERY specific during the interview in regards to their limitations, you agree to honor that when you HIRE THEM. You can't change the game then get upset when the employee can't oblige.

awful hours and pay

Current Employee - Customer Service/Cashier  in  Eagle, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Cashier in Eagle, ID

I have been working at Domino's part-time for less than a year

Pros

easy work and friendly co workers

Cons

awful hours, terrible pay and no advancement.

give more hours to the people outside of high school, it would mean alot and be smart

Fun People, Poor Pay

Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Orem, UT

I worked at Domino's full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that work there are awesome, fun, and generally have a great sense of humor. This company does a great job making sure the customer is happy. The pizza is... well you either love it or you hate it. The wings aren't bad.

Cons

The pay is probably the worst in the food industry. They pay assistant managers barely above minimum wage. Thing is, I've been in the food industry for 20+ years, and I know I'm worth way more than 8.50 per hour as a manager. Drivers... only work here if you don't care much about your car or the mileage. Customers in Utah tip cheap, and the base pay with the mileage you're paid with Domino's doesn't make up the difference... you will end up loosing more than you make unless you work on a really busy Friday or Saturday night.

Put in an automatic gratuity with every delivery order for your drivers, or pay more mileage for your drivers. If you're not going to pay more for mileage, provide delivery cars for your drivers. Where is that extra $1+ per delivery going??? Educate your customers about what the delivery fee is. Most customers think the drivers get the entire $2 delivery fee, when in reality, drivers are only getting about half of that. As a result, your drivers get stiffed out of a tip about half the time. Get with the times and pay your managers more money! For the responsibilities you're asking for out of managers, a person can do the same job with a different company such as McDonald's or Wendys and get paid on average $2 or $3 more per hour!! I left your company, and am making $13.50 an hour for McDonalds as a manager... not a GM, but just a basic, run of the mill assistant manager.

Work hard for ok money

I worked at Domino's

Pros

Free pizza, made decent money at times

Cons

Did not make money once new hires were added. Would work 8 hours and take 7 deliveries rather than the previous 20.

Care about the employees more and not the bottom line.

A good gig that gets old quickly.

Current Employee - Delivery Expert
    Current Employee - Delivery Expert

I have been working at Domino's full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a driver, you learn the area quickly which helps maximize efficiency; that way you make more money. All the drivers seem to work as a team and customers are happy to see you. Atmosphere of the job, outside of peak times, is pretty relaxed and everyone there can have fun.

Cons

I closed a lot so the hours were really long and naturally, customers don't always tip well or even at all. Obviously there's a lot of driving so the wear and tear on your car, depending on how much you work, can increase and they also don't reimburse you that much for gas. Working outside in weather conditions like storms and winter isn't the greatest and they don't provide you with that great of clothing for them. If I could I would click "neutral" as to whether or not I would recommend it to a friend. Yes because it's a good way to make some money, and you can make decent money in the right circumstances; it can be fun and it's an easy job. I would say no because of management and unideal situations like bad weather, customers who don't tip well on big orders and long hours.

Help out the drivers by providing better clothing suited for the extreme weather conditions and realize how much driving they do.

Worked for Domino's? Contribute to the Community!