Domino's Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
3.4

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in (in 43 reviews)

• At the store I worked at the people there where easy to work with and helpfully (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The wear and tear on a person's vehicle can offset the benefits (in 19 reviews)

• Despicable corporate greed while you pay minimum wage to your employees and BELOW (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

Opportunity to make good money if you're efficient

Current Employee - Delivery Driver] in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver] in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Domino's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Family like environment, good pay for an entry level job, driving around in your car.

Cons

Lots of tear and wear on your car, risk of getting into accidents, very rough if you work during the winter time could easily get stuck in snow if you drive a small car.

Corrupt leadership

Former Employee - Delivery Expert in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Delivery Expert in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the flexible hours.

Cons

Management is always young and immature and the managers above them do nothing to keep them in line. I was fired for not taking a drug test that I was never told to take, nor given the proper documentation to take. I came to work one day and was terminated without notification. Just arrived at work and was unable to clock in. It then took three days without pay to get a manager on the phone to explain the reason I was terminated. Until this day this problem has not been resolved.

Hire store managers with some sense and a little maturity.

If you can deliver, there is potential to make quite a bit of money. I did it throughout college.

I worked at Domino's

Pros

Tips, flexible hours, easy, food

Cons

Micromanagement, unrealistic goals, hectic environment at times

Lackluster!

Former Employee - Delivery Expert in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Delivery Expert in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Going home with Cash Nightly was about the only reason this job was worthwhile.

Discounts on certain Menu Items up 40% off.

Some Managers were very cool to and decent to work for and others not so much.

Cons

Put tons of Miles on my Vehicle only was making 3.25 per hr while on Delivery.

You're over scheduled constantly and hardly are they willing to be flexible if you work a second job or are taking classes going to school.

Sometimes certain crew members began to form cliques of the "Cool Kids" and if you weren't liked they would be real quick to try to get you pushed out ie; Sent home early or try to Steal Big Order Deliveries from you in order to make a Larger Tip, thus screwing you out of money.

Domino's Doesn't really provide much opportunity for Career Advancement unless you want to become a General Manager which then is the Only time you'll make enough money to be considered a Livable Wage.

After putting in 4yrs with this Company, i received only a 1.28 Raise in 4yrs.

My Store owner was more of a Penny Pincher.

Overworked and underpaid, same as any corporation right now

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Midland, TX

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours for the lower-tier workers, NOT for managers though, some sense of freedom (as a delivery driver I get to leave the store and be outside it for most of the time that I work)

Good people to work with (this may vary severely of course)

You can move up the ladder relatively fast. But be prepared to be looked down upon when you aren't willing to sacrifice other aspects of your life for PIZZA.
    (Each Manager in Training level you reach earns you $1 raise. So starting from minimum of like 7.50 - 8.50 you could make a maximum of a WHOPPING $12 per hour as a GMIT Level 4. Then you can work to become a General Manager for an undisclosed, possibly indefinite amount of time and make $40k-$50k a year and spend 55+ hours a week in your pizza store. Maybe I should put this under "Cons".....)

You could use this to your advantage by becoming a manager at Domino's as something to put on your resume to get a better job somewhere else.

Cons

Low pay. Mr. Doyle, the current Domino's Pizza CEO makes $9.5 million per year.
    That's 380 times as much as the average Domino's General Manager. To put this in perspective, in the 1980's CEOs made only about 42 times what their average employee earned. Despicable corporate greed while you pay minimum wage to your employees and BELOW minimum wage to drivers because you leave it to customers to pay your drivers in tips, but they aren't required to tip so your drivers aren't required to get paid even though they work right?
    And don't give us the crap excuse that tip wage is there to encourage excellent service. What makes you think drivers would not give excellent service to receive even MORE money if they weren't paid a server's wage?
    Yeah, nothing makes you think that. It is just an excuse you use to keep wages down to increase your short term profits. JUST like every other corporation is doing.

I feel like you only pay minimum wage because you are required by law to do so rather than because it's morally correct.

No real benefits until the upper management level.

Non-corporate managers: Get out. Go somewhere else. You deserve better than to be paid chump change for working a job that requires so much of your time for so little, rather pathetic, compensation.

Corporate managers: Do the right thing and distribute the wealth. Make trickle-down economics actually work.

One of the goals for the branch I am in is to have "Employee turnover at less than 100%".
    Well. Maybe they wouldn't turn over so fast if you didn't pay them with an insulting wage.

Oh wait. That goal was under "profitability" so we mustn't raise wages now, right? Wouldn't want people working only for Domino's because they pay decently and not at two other places to make ends meet right?

Something new everyday

Former Employee - Delivery Driver, Assistant Manager, GM Trainee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Got to make pizza, had some fun times. Loved to make someones day go better.

Cons

Drama, Drama and some more Drama. If your a driver then make sure the car you use your willing to lose. Delivery driving takes a toll fast on your vehicle. If your an assistant manager you will be doing most the work the GM should be doing. But he is probably off having drinks while your slaving away.

Grow up, stop with the midlife crisis.

No bad

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

Most of the People nice!!!!!!

Cons

I got very Low rate.......

Not horrible, But Not Great

Current Employee - Delivery Expert

I have been working at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its a pretty easy job, nice co-workers, fair discounts on the food. Pay is ok for entry level.

Cons

Gets boring, pay isnt phenomenal, prepare to lose some or all of your paycheck every once in a while to make repairs to your car if you are a delivery driver. I have also seen favoritism which disgusts me and people talk behind each others back constantly and it seems a little childish.

Stop being cheap you make alot of money, pay more to the drivers that are sacrificing their cars to work for you. Make schedules more consistent.

Okay place to work

Current Employee - Delivery Expert

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Living and working in a college is pretty fun. We get super busy on game days and being a driver, there is much money to be made. The overall atmosphere is good. Being a driver you get paid a decent amount without doing much work. It beats being a waitress or a waiter.

Cons

It takes a toll on your car and there really isn't any compensation for that.
    The management at my current location

At my current location, cut the drama and stop play favorites.

Ok if you only want a few hours

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

none, besides free pizza at times

Cons

15 hours a week, low pay