Domo Reviews

56 reviews filtered by
4.3
Domo CEO Josh James
Josh James

Pros
  • We get free lunch and dinner and a stocked break room (in 11 reviews)

• There are also great benefits that make employees feel valued (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Because Domo's a startup sometimes the work/life balance can become lopsided (in 3 reviews)

• If you're not a performer, you may not thrive in the fast-paced environment (in 3 reviews)

1. Marketing Analyst

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Domo as an intern

Pros

Growing fast, lots of responsibility, innovative exciting product

Cons

There are some growing pains due to the nature of rapid growth including cramped spces

2. The best place I have ever worked at, bar none.

Current Employee - Marketing Automation in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Automation in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent leadership at the top. The work hard play hard culture is awesome if you're a self-starter and self-motivated. It's the best work environment and company I've had the opportunity to be at, ever.

Cons

Start-up growing pains but nothing that that makes me want to look elsewhere. I guess if you like to be told exactly how to do your job and be in a very strict work environment then Domo probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

We're focused on being the best technology and company in our space and I think we're on our way. I don't really have anything to add that Josh and the others aren't aware of.

3. Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work! Fun technologies! Fun challenges! Skill set booster!

Cons

Days can get a little long when hitting a deadline!

5. There's no better place than Domo

I have been working at Domo full-time

Pros

Lively and fast pasted. This company is clearly out to disrupt the market. Everyone here is great to work with and work hard.

Cons

HR can be a little slow in processing recruitment. The company is very sales driven. But I think the sales carpentered culture is appropriate for the type of business Domo conducts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The fast paced environment has helped to set us apart from our competition. Keep providing an environment where employees will want to provide high quality work.

Second Day - Hiring Process

Current Employee - Data Architect in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Data Architect in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo

Pros

The hiring process was quick and painless. I was impressed by the interviewers' questions and explanations. Knowing nothing about Domo products coming into the interviews, I left wanting to not only be a customer, but be a part of something this amazing.

Cons

The workspaces are tight, but this is to be expected of a fast growing company. They've given me all the necessary equipment (multiple monitors, etc) to get my job done and I suspect (purely speculation) that Domo will eventually expand it's real estate footprint.

Awesome place to work... Hot Industry, REAL solution, amazing team.

Current Employee - Client Services in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Client Services in Provo, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is on fire, in the cutting edge of business mgmt. tools, and things are really heating up. PERFECT time to get involved

Cons

I'm just starting, but as a new guy, it's clearly not a good place for anyone who isn't quick on their feet, and excited to tackle a challenge and move really quickly.

8. Fun and exciting pace

I have been working at Domo

Pros

You work with smart and professional people
    Takes care of employees
    Constantly pushing you to do better

Cons

Pace can be hectic for some people
    Work pace is so fast sometimes things fall through the cracks and it takes a huge effort to fix them later

Advice to Management

Doing well

9. Best company I've ever worked for hands down!

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Account Development Manager in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Domo is a great place to work. They are a company who actually cares about their employees and they make sure that you know it. Even before you start they make you feel welcome by sending you a very nice gift basket. Domo also has the best benefits package Ive seen or heard of that even rivals the best companies in Silicon Valley. With a fully stocked break room and catered lunch and dinner daily be expected to pack on a few pounds unless you're taking advantage of their free gym membership. Domo also cares about its employees families with a very generous maternity/paternity leave as well as a new baby bonus too boot. They take only the best of the best and thats definitely reflected in their leadership and ongoing training to make sure they are the best company ever. Their motto is "Work hard, play harder" and they aren't kidding about playing harder.

Cons

They also aren't kidding about working hard either. In order to be the great company they have become, they push their employees very hard to be better and better so if you're wanting a easy going, fly under the radar kind of job this is not the company for you. That being said, you will only be your absolute best at Domo and it will pay off on your paycheck and help you further your career. The only other challenge with Domo is that when you are growing rocket fast as a company you are going to be changing constantly so be ready to adapt and think quick on your feet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Its been working out great so far.

10. Doing it Right

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ever since I started it's been the ride of a life time! I have been given a lot of free license to test and try new ideas and whether successful or not so much the feedback has always been on point and motivational. Domo trusts their employees to perform, they will give you space to succeed and they let you know when you do. Domo's culture is unique and well balanced. Everyone enjoys working together and you really feel like a part of the team upon arrival.
    The Benefits here are incredible which makes your base salary go along way. Domo definitely does require a lot of dedication and hard work, the work life is very fast paced. If you are willing to keep up than you will love it and you will be rewarded.

Cons

Domo is not for lazy people

11. Best employer I have ever worked for

I have been working at Domo

Pros

Benefits, comp plan, culture, career development,

Cons

Office layout, work space, commute

Advice to Management

Keep promoting based on performance over seniority