Domo

Domo CEO Josh James

Josh James

Excellent Overall

ProsStock options
    Free lunch and dinner daily
    2 weeks paternity leave
    6 weeks maternity leave
    Monthly fitness credit
    $500 tablet credit upon hiring
    Annual bonus up to 5%
    20 days PTO minimum (up to 25)
    $1,000 new baby bonus (also applicable to adoptions)
    Upper management is very knowledgeable and experienced - lots to learn from them

ConsNot a lot of upward mobility - The executive team comes from very large companies, and they find whomever they want and pay whatever it takes to bring them in. Employees simply don't move up; they get hired over.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease create an environment where upward mobility is not a rare occurrence.

Great Product, Great culture, Great company

Pros- Everyone loves what they do and wants t be there
    - very very smart people that are choosing to work there over Google, Microsoft, or Facebook
    - They hire the best and expect them to do their best
    - Great salary and benefits
    Love the 3 meals a day it's very nice!

ConsSpace is the one down side the office is pretty cramped. But they are expanding into more buildings

Domo Rocks

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat People
    Great Product
    Growing market
    Flexible hours
    Free Food
    Fun culture
    Great benefits and competitive pay

ConsLines for lunch can get long sometimes.
    It bugs my wife that I like my job so much.
    Some growing pains as we transition from startup to grown up but the Management group is seasoned, respectful and smart so it is a very small con.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being Awesome.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great start up with good compensation.

Account Development Manager (Current Employee)
    American Fork, UT

ProsFree food, good compensation, great vision.

ConsNew building feels like call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new building and expand.

Company has TONS of potential, but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Competitive pay and recent new round of funding
    -Brealfast, lunch, dinner provided daily, fully stocked kitchen
    -Great product and above average business plan
    -$500 toward iPad or Tablet at employment.

Cons-If you like to be micro-managed, you'll love Domo. If you prefer being crammed into an over crowded work space with annoying strobe lights and music going off all day whenever there is a sale, you'll REALLY love Domo
    -Good, not great insurance. Overall, low A- grade on benefits
    -Good old boys network still dominates from Omniture days. Time to move on and recognize talent that exists now, not the talent left over from a few years ago. If you aren't former Omniture, you are 100% expendable
    -Upper management has a couple of rock stars and the rest are meh (and that's being kind). Some are still living in the marketing/sales world of 5 years ago when they inititally climbed the corporate ladder and have no understanding of how it has evolved
    -The catered meals are awesome...for awhile. Until you start to realize why they feed you so much. It's a start up...they work you hard at a frenetic pace, and they want you to stay in the office and work through lunch, and too frequently, dinner as well. Get there at 8 or 9, and you don't leave the building basically until 6:30 or later

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees time more. They need their down time. An hour away from the office at lunch time is actually good for productivity. Upper management needs more accountability to modern marketing and sales technology. For a start up, there is a decent amount of dead weight at the top.

No loyalty exists, especially in sales. I saw guys paraded around as kings one day and fired the next for not producing. Cutthroat. Domo is a great place if you love a micro-managed, 200 mph, nose to nose work environment with lots of food to manage the herd.

Fast paced, learning culture

Consultant (Current Employee)
    American Fork, UT

ProsFree food, love it. Incredibly smart people to bounce ideas with. Everyone is very nice. Ability to collaborate with other departments. Influential customers. Fast paced. A lot of decisions are left to you to make to get your work done. If you have an idea, the management is willing to hear you out on it. Starting with 20 days of vacation.

ConsSpace is hard to come-by. There is a sense of your problems are your own. It takes a lot of "screaming" to get your voice heard, there are a lot of requests by all departments to make their jobs for efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have yet to have a discussion about growth within the company or even a performance review of sorts. More formal methods for review would be ideal.

Domo is amazing

ProsThis is a place where grown ups work and trust others to execute.

ConsDue to all the new growth we need more room to expand further.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it rocking and find more room.

Great vision, strange culture

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    American Fork, UT

ProsThe product vision is awesome. I completely believe in it and wish I could have the product at my current job.

I truly enjoyed working with and have deep respect for many of the other people in the trenches with whom I worked.

There is also tons of free food. I lost some weight after I left.

ConsIt's the strangest culture I've ever seen. It starts with lots of hero worship and ends with lots of sycophants. It's style over substance. Tweeting gushing affection for the company and execs is what gets recognized.

There are lots of chiefs.

There is high turnover, especially among engineers.

It's not my style, so I moved on and am really happy now with another opportunity.

Brilliant Engineers, Great Product, Poor Management

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    American Fork, UT

ProsThe product is really cool and built on really cool ideas.
    Very smart and talented engineers. Most of the engineers here are like the top 10% of other places I've worked.

ConsSales drives the company and with that comes the typical problems. It makes sense for sales to set direction since they are closest to the customer and doing the selling, however the whole sales organization is highly dysfunctional. It's difficult to get anything done because sales poorly communicates what they want and has unrealistic expectations of when it will be delivered.
    Middle management is lacking in both numbers and talent. Imagine giving a squadron of F-22 jets to a bunch of crop duster pilots and then telling these pilots to fly two jets at the same time.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix middle management and keep your engineers happy. There is such potential here and many people are being frustrated because throughput sucks.

A wild ride. Worked long hours and made a lot of good friends. Exciting possibilities but still a ways to go.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    American Fork, UT

ProsThey have assembled a very talented team. Everyone is very engaged and works hard. Plenty of opportunities for skilled workers to succeed.

ConsPoor work/life balance. The culture seems fun at first but can distract from what is most important. Things were moving so fast that there was no time for career development.

Advice to Senior ManagementForget about the hype and continue driving real innovation to create a world-class product.

Worked for Domo? Contribute to the Community!

Domo Videos

Domo – Why Work for Us?

Why Domo? Domo is all about redefining business intelligence (BI) and creating an entirely new end-user experience with enterprise software. At Domo we have the essential components needed to change the way BI works for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Domo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Domo CEO Josh James. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Domo employees.