Domo

Domo CEO Josh James

Josh James

Consultant

Consultant (Current Employee) American Fork, UT

ProsIts a well funded startup. Culture is a big plus. People are genuinely good.

ConsInherent geo political location. Suburban area. It could be a plus if you are interested in such a place. If you love the outdoors you might take this as a big plus instead.

Excellent Overall

ProsStock options
    Free lunch and dinner daily
    2 weeks paternity leave
    6 weeks maternity leave
    Monthly fitness credit
    $500 tablet credit upon hiring
    Annual bonus up to 5%
    20 days PTO minimum (up to 25)
    $1,000 new baby bonus (also applicable to adoptions)
    Upper management is very knowledgeable and experienced - lots to learn from them

ConsNot a lot of upward mobility - The executive team comes from very large companies, and they find whomever they want and pay whatever it takes to bring them in. Employees simply don't move up; they get hired over.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease create an environment where upward mobility is not a rare occurrence.

Great Product, Great culture, Great company

Pros- Everyone loves what they do and wants t be there
    - very very smart people that are choosing to work there over Google, Microsoft, or Facebook
    - They hire the best and expect them to do their best
    - Great salary and benefits
    Love the 3 meals a day it's very nice!

ConsSpace is the one down side the office is pretty cramped. But they are expanding into more buildings

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing market
    Flexible hours
    Free Food
    Fun culture
    Great benefits and competitive pay

ConsLines for lunch can get long sometimes.
    It bugs my wife that I like my job so much.
    Some growing pains as we transition from startup to grown up but the Management group is seasoned, respectful and smart so it is a very small con.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being Awesome.

Fast paced, learning culture

Consultant (Current Employee) American Fork, UT

ProsFree food, love it. Incredibly smart people to bounce ideas with. Everyone is very nice. Ability to collaborate with other departments. Influential customers. Fast paced. A lot of decisions are left to you to make to get your work done. If you have an idea, the management is willing to hear you out on it. Starting with 20 days of vacation.

ConsSpace is hard to come-by. There is a sense of your problems are your own. It takes a lot of "screaming" to get your voice heard, there are a lot of requests by all departments to make their jobs for efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have yet to have a discussion about growth within the company or even a performance review of sorts. More formal methods for review would be ideal.

Domo is amazing

ProsThis is a place where grown ups work and trust others to execute.

ConsDue to all the new growth we need more room to expand further.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it rocking and find more room.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Account Manager (Current Employee) American Fork, UT

ProsThe Exec team at Domo knows how valuable hard-working employees are. They expect big things from their team, but they also reward people for their efforts. The company has an awesome culture, and it's a testament to management's emphasis on rewarding and recognizing achievements.

ConsLike any start-up, they're still getting processes and structure figured out. It's not a perfect operation, but everyone understands the vision, and they're all willing to work through the rough edges.

Fun, fast-paced environment

ProsStartup with a ton of potential. Domo has perks of a bigger, established company as far as benefits, funding and executive team, but has a startup feel, culture and pace. Exciting place to work and you can feel the energy.

ConsTypical startup frustrations. You wear a ton of different hats, which is not necessarily a negative--but sometimes prevents momentum in areas you would like to focus.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job so far. Seem to practice transparency.

Domo is the best thing since sliced bread

Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) American Fork, UT

ProsMy friends are beginning to hate me because I'm always talking about how great Domo is. Here is just a short list of some of my favorite things about Domo:
    - Free food as far as the eye can see
    - Free iPad
    - Great health benefits
    - Colleagues are highly motivated and very intelligent
    - They treat you like a self sufficient adult
    - The product is incredible and makes it easy to be a believer in what we are doing

ConsI can't think of anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making Domo the best place to work.

Fast paced, exciting place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) American Fork, UT

ProsDomo is a very exciting place to work. There is a constant drive for innovation which gives Domosapiens endless opportunities to learn and think outside the box. We are encouraged to think bigger and share our ideas. We are surrounded by intelligent, ambitious, and talented colleagues.

There are also great benefits that make employees feel valued. We get free lunch and dinner and a stocked break room. We have a few very memorable parties a year that give us an opportunity to enjoy each other's creativity and company during holidays.

My boss is the best person I could work for. Encouraging, supportive, challenges me, and makes sure I know the value I bring to the company.

ConsDomo is moving so quickly that projects oftentimes require us to spend evenings and weekends working. The work/life balance isn't ideal, but expected for a fast moving startup.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company meetings are awesome. It's always good to know where we are, and where we are headed.

Worked for Domo? Contribute to the Community!