Domo Reviews

Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Account Manager in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Exec team at Domo knows how valuable hard-working employees are. They expect big things from their team, but they also reward people for their efforts. The company has an awesome culture, and it's a testament to management's emphasis on rewarding and recognizing achievements.

Cons

Like any start-up, they're still getting processes and structure figured out. It's not a perfect operation, but everyone understands the vision, and they're all willing to work through the rough edges.

Fun, fast-paced environment

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Startup with a ton of potential. Domo has perks of a bigger, established company as far as benefits, funding and executive team, but has a startup feel, culture and pace. Exciting place to work and you can feel the energy.

Cons

Typical startup frustrations. You wear a ton of different hats, which is not necessarily a negative--but sometimes prevents momentum in areas you would like to focus.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job so far. Seem to practice transparency.

3. Quality Engineering is amazing at Domo

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer - Test Automation in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced environment with super-smart people
    Friendly, tight-knit teams
    Freedom to innovate
    Positive energy around making customers happy
    Cutting-edge tech
    Location makes my commute very reasonable
    Daily catered lunch!

Cons

Parking can be tight if you get in after 9 am
    Crowding inside can sometimes lead to long lines and smelly bathrooms.

Advice to Management

Accelerate the opening of a second facility.

5. Fast paced, exciting place to work!

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Domo is a very exciting place to work. There is a constant drive for innovation which gives Domosapiens endless opportunities to learn and think outside the box. We are encouraged to think bigger and share our ideas. We are surrounded by intelligent, ambitious, and talented colleagues.

There are also great benefits that make employees feel valued. We get free lunch and dinner and a stocked break room. We have a few very memorable parties a year that give us an opportunity to enjoy each other's creativity and company during holidays.

My boss is the best person I could work for. Encouraging, supportive, challenges me, and makes sure I know the value I bring to the company.

Cons

Domo is moving so quickly that projects oftentimes require us to spend evenings and weekends working. The work/life balance isn't ideal, but expected for a fast moving startup.

Advice to Management

The company meetings are awesome. It's always good to know where we are, and where we are headed.

Domo is the best thing since sliced bread

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My friends are beginning to hate me because I'm always talking about how great Domo is. Here is just a short list of some of my favorite things about Domo:
    - Free food as far as the eye can see
    - Free iPad
    - Great health benefits
    - Colleagues are highly motivated and very intelligent
    - They treat you like a self sufficient adult
    - The product is incredible and makes it easy to be a believer in what we are doing

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Keep making Domo the best place to work.

Erratic, exhausting, and exciting. In general a great place to be.

Current Employee - Developer in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Developer in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time

Pros

- Incredible people, by far the best part of the company, just full of brilliant individuals.
    - Great compensation & benefits.
    - Memorable and exciting, great parties and events gives you lots to talk to your family and friends about.
    - Free lunch, dinner and soda.
    - Innovation. A ton of incredible innovation happening here.
    - The vision. I am behind the company vision 100%.
    - Fun crazy projects to work on.
    - The direction. The direction of the company is terrific.

Cons

- A culture of self promotion makes it easy for talented & quiet individuals to get overlooked. This is a true shame. This also creates an issue where generally abrasive personalities dominate conversations and product direction at the expense of others. There are a couple of very aggressive personalities that everyone just works around because disagreeing means positioning yourself against all the favoritism, as well as becoming the victim of negative criticism that will likely come as a consequence.
    - Not an engineering driven culture. Product Managers are puppets for the CEO. The large majority of the features (and corresponding deadlines for those features) comes directly from upper management. This has resulted in a large amount of technical issues.
    - The word "technical debt" was banned. Not because it was solved, simply because the CEO didn't want to hear it anymore.
    - Megalomania central. More self love from past accomplishments in one building then one can handle.
    - Somehow a lot of incompetent people are able to manage upwards visibility despite consistent failures. Executives simply hear certain people are valuable and believe they are responsible for everything. The simple truth is, they are just the most vocal.

Advice to Management

- Reward people based on the value they contribute to the company, not how vocal or loud they are.
    - Notice that people can be cancerous to the culture of a company. Cancer can only be cut out, it can't be tolerated.
    - Would be nice for the executives to be more involved. This doesn't feel like a start up but rather a large company pretending like a start up.

8. Domo is the best place to work in Utah, hands down!

Current Employee - Account Executive in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Domo is a progressive company, providing the absolute best tools to enable us to excel in our respective job functions. I am a career salesperson and the resources available to us are the envy of all of my former colleagues. We work in a "pro-sales" culture, meaning our income earning potential is not only untapped, but realized by our results. Our environment is not the "micro-management" culture, but one of celebration of individual and collective successes and celebrated wins across the organization are the norm here. Think DiscoBalls and Music at a volume of 12 and you will get the idea!

Cons

My only wish is an office in SLC, a bit closer to home. A wish that will soon be realized!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Great startup to work for!

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Catered lunches every day
    -Great compensation package
    -Good health benefits
    -Awesome coworkers and friendly environment

Cons

-Being cramped for office space is getting old
    -It's hard to get the product built and milestones met because we are "Building the airplane while flying it"

Advice to Management

-Middle management needs to communicate and prioritize better.
    -Decisions need to be made proactively rather than reactively.
    -I feel we have cut corners and ignored formalities on processes over the years to push a product through (which was ok), but it is now time to formalize the processes and procedures. We need to get our processes and development lifecycle matured internally as a company.
    -Make sure all your teams have the tools to get their job done.
    -Get the product and infrastructure ready for Enterprise level customers before going after those customers. I feel we don't have the technical infrastructure, product stability, nor do we fulfill the privacy and security requirements in the current product offering and processes to support Enterprise customers and their expectations from their vended solutions.

10. A Positive Environment that Breads Success

Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Domo is one of the few companies that executes an amazing culture where hard work is well rewarded, and every employee is given an opportunity to have a significant impact on the product. Holidays, events and personal successes are all celebrated at Domo (i.e. Christmas, Halloween, May the 4th be With You, Tailgates, Sales, etc.). Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are all provided at work, all I have to do is show up and concentrate on work.

Cons

Because Domo's a startup sometimes the work/life balance can become lopsided. I hope this changes in the future as we become more established and reach our company goals.

Advice to Management

Establish boundaries between the time available for work and personal life.

11. Love building a revolution

Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in American Fork, UT
    Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a front-end developer. One of my favorite parts of working at Domo is that the day-to-day work is exciting. I turned down other terrific offers just based on how fun it is to work at Domo. I feel like I'm always learning. Some pros:
    - The culture
    - The product
    - The co-workers
    - The cutting edge technology
    - Hack night (every other Thursday we spend the evening doing whatever we want. We're encouraged to not work on product related stuff but we can if we want to. It's awesome, and definitely one of my favorite parts of working here).

Cons

Because we're a startup some things aren't totally figured out. Some processes haven't been optimised and you've got to be comfortable with change to work here (which, to me isn't a big deal, but to some it can be a frustration).

Advice to Management

Please make sure that we get product mocks before we're asked to build things.