Domo Reviews

Amazing place to be

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition  in  American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the most talented people I have worked with in my career are here, amazing benefits free catered lunch & dinner, fully stocked breakroom, unique perks such as fully paid Golds Gym membership, $500 towards a tablet, very good medical benefits

Cons

sometimes can be a very intense and fast paced environment, which is not for everyone

keep doing what your doing

High energy startup, exciting product and talented workforce

Current Employee - Human Resources Operations  in  American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources Operations in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing medical/dental/vision, plenty of PTO and paid holidays. Lots of other great benefits as well - fully stocked kitchen, catered lunch and dinner everyday, tablet reimbursement, free gym membership, employer 401k matching - Domo really takes care of their employees.

Really talented and passionate people whose enthusiasm for their work and the product are contagious.

Cons

No company is perfect, but Domo is pretty good about addressing issues quickly.

Domo: Fun & Exciting Environment

Current Employee - Talent Management  in  American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Talent Management in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The ability to work with and be mentored by some of the brightest minds in business and technology today.
    - An amazing product that will change how we all do business.
    - Phenomenal benefits that go beyond just standard healthcare (they even give us a baby bonus!).
    - Fun and enjoyable people.

Cons

- This is a very hard working culture; if you are not looking to change the world then this is probably not the place for you.

- Thank you for keeping us in the loop and for sharing your vision with us. We appreciate knowing what our goals are and knowing that there is a lot of thought that goes into everything we do as a company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fraternity for former Omniture employees, which turned into a career distraction

Former Employee - Implementation Engineer  in  American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in American Fork, UT

I worked at Domo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch, snacks, competitive pay. Rank and file includes some very talented people.

Cons

Old boys club of former Omniture employees spending venture cash:

If you didn't come from Omniture/Adobe or Corda (company that became Domo), don't plan on making it to management. Routinely saw talented, experienced people passed over for promotion by someone hand picked from Adobe. Kind of a career killer depending on how long you stay.

My advice to anyone considering this company that DIDN'T come from Omniture would be to look elsewhere in tech unless you're comfortable basically riding a desk and taking orders.

Poor leadership:

Witnessed profanity laced tirades where senior manager threw company-issued laptop computer onto a conference room table on more than one occasion. I made the decision to go to Domo for mentoring and this was definitely a very deflating experience to see this type of behavior. It's a culture that attracts this sort of prima-donna behavior from its executives. The attitude of the management is "we did this before... we sold Omniture for $1.8B, so keep your mouth shut."

Leadership regularly reminds employees that benefits are good enough to justify not giving annual raises (false... lots of out of pocket on health insurance coverage), and stock options are touted despite the fact that employees options are minimal. All available shares clearly went to the people in the permitter offices.

Was told on multiple occasions to do things like CC manager on every single email to clients, or sharing editing privileges on calendar. Never seen anything like it.

Don't ask questions:

This is a kind of a cult atmosphere where leadership routinely tells people to "drink the Kool-Aid" (seemingly without understanding the historical context of the expression). Sometimes this can be healthy, to a degree, in a start-up but this really killed morale. Anyone who brings perspective from a large company or career outside of Omniture/Adobe is generally ignored and even ostracized for questioning the wisdom of the people who (as you're often reminded) "sold Omniture to Adobe for $1.8B." There were regular company meetings where senior executives would make disparaging remarks about people who had left the company in front of every single employee. I'd never seen anything like it, nor did this do much to help morale.

Lack of accountability:

Product is immature, which is to be expected from a start-up, but company is 100% sales focused in spite of this. This makes it very difficult to actually deal with customers who have almost always been oversold. To this end, since it is so sales focused, there is very rarely any accountability on the sales team for over-promising and really hurting a young brand.

There was also this movement of taking the early employees and promoting them into cush roles for seemingly no other reason than they were employed first. It was a very fraternal atmosphere to this degree where unwavering loyalty was rewarded over value.

There's enough talent in that building to make Domo a success story, but not if they aren't utilized effectively. Also, there were a bunch of people who were made very wealthy with the Omniture IPO and eventual acquisition. It's clear that only a handful could do so at Domo under the most optimistic exit, and the lack of buy-in from rank and file is probably a reflection of this lack of vested options.

I thought I worked at Domo not Omniture

Current Employee - Consultant  in  American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Consultant in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you worked for Omniture than you are money. According to Domo the only intelligent people in tech are people that worked for Omniture. Ex-Omniture have total mobility in with in the walls of Domo.

Cons

If you didnt work at Omniture that forget about getting any promotions, stock, pay, extra incentives or having a good idea. Ex-Omniture people have already thought of everything and you are there to help them make more money.

Realize you dont know everything.. You are not Omniture anymore and you need to loose that old persona.

Best place to work in Utah, by far

Current Employee - Manager  in  American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch and dinner catered daily, stocked kitchen, soda fountains and stocked fridge, 401k with 4% match, free tablet PC, great compensation, etc etc. Management very understanding of need for work/life balance. Management tries to be very transparent, and company parties are definitely fun.

Cons

I can't think of many. It's the place to be. If you're not a performer, you may not thrive in the fast-paced environment.

Your efforts to encourage a fun, exciting culture is noticed and appreciated.

good company as a start

I worked at Domo full-time

Pros

good job at good place

Cons

for sorrow no good managment

try to be keen on training for people

Worked for Domo? Contribute to the Community!