Don Davis Auto Group

Add Photos

Robert Howard

Sales, and management

Sales, Sales Manager (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsStrong morals, taught me everything I know about the business which carried me to my current job and income in the top 1% of the country.

ConsTechnologically challenged, but it makes you better.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to Robert, he knows the business like nobody else in dfw.

sales

Sales (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

Prosable to sell any car from multiple locations
    promoting within exist

Consnewbies get treated like personal assists
    behind in times with technology.

Advice to Senior Managementget more computers

Horrible place to work.

Accounting (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsI can't find any pros to this company.

ConsVery low pay, supervisors & managers who don't give a crap about their employees. Training is almost non-existence. You have to beg for an increase in pay. Insurance is too expensive. How does someone making only $13. an hour afford $100. a week insurance?

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Mr. Howard & Mr. Brown it is your employees who are keeping your business alive, how about recognizing them with pay incentives. And the fact that these 2 top dogs want to be addressed by their last names should tell you a lot. Egotistical.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible Do Not Work There

Management of Mechanics (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsGood location
    Busy Shop
    That is about it

ConsAlot of young people that don't know what they are doing
    Mgmt is not good ---does not know stuff they should ---Mechanics know more than them which is odd
    HR dept is horrible!!!
    Sliding Fee Scale so mechanics get screwed over on pay
    Alot of shady stuff goes on over there that I saw in the five years I was there
    Don Davis Dealerships has a horrible reputation among other dealerships when you are socializing at parties--

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the GM---He has a lousy personality---He is cocky ----He treats employees bad -----Karma is going to kick his butt one day!! Also almost everyone that knows the GM at parties says horrible stuff about him!! That is not good at any company----RUN!!!!

"too many chiefs, and not enough indians"

Lube Tech/Service Technician (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsThe only good thing about the dealership, was the amount of "traffic" coming through the service department. I made over 40k last year working as a "lube tech" (money being the only pro), and being able to stay busy allowed the days to "end" quicker.

ConsDon Davis Auto Group has 4 different locations in Arlington, Texas. At the time of my employment, I was working for their NISSAN store in the South Arlington area, It was a very low income area. So 95% of the customer base were coming in for the $19.95 oil change, and with that oil change the technician had to complete a full inspection with an "up sell" list for the advisor. To invest 30-45 minutes into a vehicle that only pays .3 (flag rate/.3 or 1.0) at a "C" tech labor rate. Also having the service advisor on a different pay scale means they have completely different objectives in order to get paid. It usually ment that if you (the technician) made money on the ticket, the advisor didnt, and if the advisor made money on the ticket, the technician didnt. They had set the pay scale up like this to keep more money in their own pockets. In order to make money you have to work long days and LONG weeks, I was investing 6 days a week (due to being closed on sundays) at about 65 hours. Anyway, long story short...if you feel like working your butt off for absolutley no recognition, then this would be the place for you. Oh yah, and dont ever expect a raise, or any kind of promotion it will never happen, as far as bonuses go...you will never see one. Don Davis Nissan was receiving over a million dollars a year just in "NISSAN" money, just for Don Davis Nissan having good "CSI" (customer service), you would think that it took ALL OF THE EMPLOYEES TO REACH THAT GOAL. The managers felt that "splitting" the money up wouldnt leave them with enough of a bonus. "Too many chiefs, and not enough indians"

Advice to Senior Management"Listen" to your employees, they create your salary.

Great place to work

Finace Manager (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsGood compensation and leadership! Very strong moral and ethical standards. They give the car business a good name.

ConsOld school thinking sometimes. Not much time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Decent company but really old fashioned

Automotive Technician (Current Employee)

ProsGood location and thats it. Company could have lots of good things going for it but doesnt seem to care.

ConsLONG HOURS
    LOWEST PAY IN THE BUSINESS (sliding pay scale for technicians)
    Incompetant HR dept
    Incompetant management
    Terrible reputation amongst other auto dealers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start caring a bit more about advertising and keeping your employees happy. I hope you are embarrased of what you have created.

Worked for Don Davis Auto Group? Contribute to the Community!