Donald Martens & Sons

Updated July 17, 2014

2.3

Dean Martens
1 Rating

Great place for part time/prn work as a paramedic

Current Employee - Paramedic  in  Brooklyn, OH
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Brooklyn, OH

I have been working at Donald Martens & Sons part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am a prn employee and can work whenever! Never been treated bad been with them since fall of 2010. I have a lot of consecutive days off at my full time job, and never once got refused work maybe not the shift i desired, but ohh well. Pay is good for what your asked to do definitely not a stressful environment!! They have these out of town trips that are usually simple good luck finding those at another private and are usally daily. No management has ever given me a issue. I just come in get my runs sent to my phone and excute them easy does it.

Cons

Bariatric runs can sometimes be a challenge do to cot size and door frame size not good! Have heard full time employees complain about benefit cost numerous times, but i don't know the entire story. No shift differential if you work a full time truck that has a shift differential doesn't seem quite fair to me your doing the same job as they would be doing for 2 dollars less per hour that's $24 in 12 hours!

Easy work, low pay.

Current Employee - EMT-Basic  in  Brooklyn, OH
    Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Brooklyn, OH

I have been working at Donald Martens & Sons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can have unlimited overtime.
    The hours are very flexible.

Cons

Unless you are a firefighter the salary is not good-you can't pay bills or have a family without getting a second job or working a ton of overtime.
    You are often not respected by management-was once openly humiliated by a member of management in the middle of a busy establishment.
    no room to advance.

more cons than pros. Very disappointed with this company.

Current Employee - EMT Basic  in  Middleburg Heights, OH
    Current Employee - EMT Basic in Middleburg Heights, OH

I have been working at Donald Martens & Sons full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many friendly coworkers. Overtime available

Cons

Old equipment that is poorly cared for even intentionally damaged by employees, Mininum communication on shift changes/location changes etc. Patient pick up times are often given to you from dispatch an hour after the appointment time, and while you are on another call/patient. Resulting in hospital staff yelling at you because you are two hours late when you finally arrive to the patient.

Need more efficient planning and organizing in dispatch to result in prompt patient pick up times. Treat employees fairly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eh sub par at best

Current Employee - Dispatcher  in  Middleburg Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Middleburg Heights, OH

I have been working at Donald Martens & Sons

Pros

Really hard to get fired from the company, they really don't care about what is done. Flexible scheduling, They will let you go to school, but won't pay.

Cons

Bad trucks to use, Very limited on supplies, Never told a good job, Call volume is ridiculous. Forget it if you think your getting lunch.

Please please Please start caring a little bit more about your employees and your patents that we take care of. Try not to be like every other private ambulance company and rise to the top of employee care and patent care.

Abusive to employees /worst place to work

I have been working at Donald Martens & Sons full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co - workers who are honest although beaten up so badly there are few left

Cons

Degrading senior management / uncalled for in any work place I have ever worked at . Anywhere would be better. Inconsistent at the continued risk of patients / poor equipment / total lack of communication. They should be out of the healthcare industry for the patient's sale.

Think about anything other than your own money and lifestyle ----- like the patients and employees and work environment

Worked for Donald Martens & Sons? Contribute to the Community!